• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Empyrean [v1.1] (~! Final Arc Released !~)

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2023
    If you have used cheats in any form or shape, this might happen. Restart the game and also see what I've written above ^^ I'll be adding a Casual Mode in the full release for people who don't want to grind as much.

Yes, there have been some additions to the movepools of certain mons.

YES I HAVE USED CHEAT WITH CHEAT ENGINE OK I HAVE UNDERSTAND

Keileon

Pokémon Sardonyx: RtW dev
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2023
    And to add my 2 cents, there are boss battles in the game that are supposed to be hard, for the sake of the story. Cheating really takes away from that experience.

I forgot to address this.

If my calculations are correct one of these boss battles is a Pokemon with roughly a 4,500 BST. It has over level 100 stats at level 30. It is approximately half your expected level at the point you fight it and one-shots almost everything you would have. This is not difficulty, this is excessive.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    Can anyone remind me where Sygnal HQ is? Trying to do this Blitz date lol.

Empral Town building 2nd floor

Where can I find Ice Stone, I need to evolve my A-Vulpix to A-Ninetales ??

Mt. Mesmer

If my calculations are correct one of these boss battles is a Pokemon with roughly a 4,500 BST. It has over level 100 stats at level 30. It is approximately half your expected level at the point you fight it and one-shots almost everything you would have. This is not difficulty, this is excessive.

I can agree R was a bit excessive, but I have nerfed it in the meantime. Again, these bosses are supposed to be overpowered. Excessive, even. When you see that it's a low level, it especially gives you this feeling of, how strong would that thing be if it was around my level? Which is something that was intended. If you fight it a couple of times, you'll learn what strategy is effective against it.

I also want to reiterate these two points that I stated before, that I don't know if you've seen:

1) You have already beaten the game and now you just want to mess around? If I add a legit option in the game after you have beaten it to enable cheats - would that fix that issue?
    2) You just want to enjoy the story/mechanics without needing to grind a lot of EXP/money? If I add Casual Mode where you gain 2x the EXP and money right off the bat, or something like that - would that fix that issue?
    3) And I would add a 3rd one that I realized recently - When you prohibit cheating, you give the players that beat the game and did not cheat, all the more weight and importance on their achievements.

In the end, the full game is not out yet. Things can change. This is an experiment, and I'm willing to change my mind, if this proves to be a negative change overall. I don't like to assume one extreme opinion in any case.

Peace

Keileon

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2023
    I've not actually played and have rather seen other people play. My issue is the way your anti-cheat works-- theoretically, it is 100% possible to trigger it through normal gameplay, looking at the little code that I can find and drawing conclusions based on helping the streamer I mentioned experiment. Not only that, but it's also easy as hell to bypass if you know how it works.

Adding a "you beat the game now you can cheat" option would be cool but not solve the issue.

I don't think it's entirely the grinding either. Your anti-cheat doesn't trigger on money; experience and levels are easy to manipulate. From what I've seen a significant facet of the issue is your boss fights and a few relatively overpowered random foes (a trainer with a Pelistorm, a youngster that just randomly has Mega Evolution). The mutated-fused-whatever Pokemon are too powerful and Modified Electivire is... kind of ridiculous, all things considered. I get that you wanted the battle to be difficult, but (in specifically R's case) making it literally more than six times more powerful than Arceus is not a good solution. "Excessive" is not a good trait to be given.

As for the "importance and weight" aspect, that 100% depends on the player. Oftentimes players cheat because they feel the game is unfair, and I think Empyrean is one of these cases.

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2021
    I've not actually played and have rather seen other people play. My issue is the way your anti-cheat works-- theoretically, it is 100% possible to trigger it through normal gameplay, looking at the little code that I can find and drawing conclusions based on helping the streamer I mentioned experiment. Not only that, but it's also easy as hell to bypass if you know how it works.

Adding a "you beat the game now you can cheat" option would be cool but not solve the issue.

I don't think it's entirely the grinding either. Your anti-cheat doesn't trigger on money; experience and levels are easy to manipulate. From what I've seen a significant facet of the issue is your boss fights and a few relatively overpowered random foes (a trainer with a Pelistorm, a youngster that just randomly has Mega Evolution). The mutated-fused-whatever Pokemon are too powerful and Modified Electivire is... kind of ridiculous, all things considered. I get that you wanted the battle to be difficult, but (in specifically R's case) making it literally more than six times more powerful than Arceus is not a good solution. "Excessive" is not a good trait to be given.

As for the "importance and weight" aspect, that 100% depends on the player. Oftentimes players cheat because they feel the game is unfair, and I think Empyrean is one of these cases.

Can you stop? If you havent played it yourself but just talk by the gameplay youve seen who are you to judge anything? Community have asked the game to be challenging, most had no problems with the challenges game had to offer. ITS MEANT TO BE CHALLENGING. Also if stoch doesnt like cheating he is allowed to make it harder to cheat. IF YOU yourself dont even play the game why do you care so much? I know youre a dev of another pokemon game which makes me wonder why so much hate? this isnt criticism this just you being toxic and hateful. So stop. Let Stoch make his own game and let people enjoy it and focus on your own.

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2019

Oh boi, you probably haven't seen the ghost boss that has an ability that negates all status moves so cheese like curse/parish song won't work on it and it's ghost so you can't use endeavor. The earlier boss battles are easy in comparison.

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2019

what do u mean it was too hard i am doing a nuzlocke of this game right now and i have no lost pokemon to Mod. Electrivire and only 1 to R??

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024

You can no longer trigger it via normal gameplay, as there is no way to farm rare candies anymore. People who have transitioned between versions may experience it still, but those instances should be rare, and I am more than happy to help those who were wrongly flagged as cheaters.

The second issues with mutated-fused-omega-whatever Pokemon, and game being unfair, will also be solved with the addition of Casual Mode.

Keileon

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2023
    Can you stop? If you havent played it yourself but just talk by the gameplay youve seen who are you to judge anything? Community have asked the game to be challenging, most had no problems with the challenges game had to offer. ITS MEANT TO BE CHALLENGING. Also if stoch doesnt like cheating he is allowed to make it harder to cheat. IF YOU yourself dont even play the game why do you care so much? I know youre a dev of another pokemon game which makes me wonder why so much hate? this isnt criticism this just you being toxic and hateful. So stop. Let Stoch make his own game and let people enjoy it and focus on your own.

I'm allowed to have an opinion just like anyone else. If you think I'm being toxic I don't know what to tell you; I'm weighing in with my thoughts and I happen to disagree with you. This doesn't make me toxic.

Oh boi, you probably haven't seen the ghost boss that has an ability that negates all status moves so cheese like curse/parish song won't work on it and it's ghost so you can't use endeavor. The earlier boss battles are easy in comparison.

oh boy depending on where that is I may have seen it and just forgotten. The streamer I watch only just got through the Ghost "gym" and I haven't seen Voltsy's playthrough in ages.

what do u mean it was too hard i am doing a nuzlocke of this game right now and i have no lost pokemon to Mod. Electrivire and only 1 to R??

The streamer I watch had to do the Electivire fight several times and barely scraped by the R fight because the AI was being dumb.

You can no longer trigger it via normal gameplay, as there is no way to farm rare candies anymore. People who have transitioned between versions may experience it still, but those instances should be rare, and I am more than happy to help those who were wrongly flagged as cheaters.

The second issues with mutated-fused-omega-whatever Pokemon, and game being unfair, will also be solved with the addition of Casual Mode.

If it can no longer be triggered by normal gameplay then that's acceptable. One of the first things a dev should consider when making an anti-cheat mechanic is if the player can accidentally trigger it when playing legitimately, so I'm glad that got looked at.

As for the superboss Pokemon... I feel like Casual Mode would be putting a bandaid on a broken bone, but I'm willing to see how it goes first :D

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2020
    Since your cheat detector doesn't affect the game when you add money, can't you just buy revives and use them until the bosses run out of pp

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019

The mutated-fused-whatever Pokemon are too powerful and Modified Electivire is... kind of ridiculous, all things considered.

This is called a challenge. These fights aren't impossible, they require you to strategize. Not every creator makes there games a cakewalk, and I love this fangame from the different amount of combinations you can try against these bosses and you can even rebattle them. Now an example of ridiculousness in a pokemon game is making the player sacrifice one of their pokemon just to progress the story(No challenge or choice just frustrating). Criticism is fine, but you seem to just be complaining cause you're struggling.

In the end, the full game is not out yet. Things can change. This is an experiment, and I'm willing to change my mind, if this proves to be a negative change overall. I don't like to assume one extreme opinion in any case.
    Stochastic will continue to improve the game for the needs of all players.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    If it can no longer be triggered by normal gameplay then that's acceptable. One of the first things a dev should consider when making an anti-cheat mechanic is if the player can accidentally trigger it when playing legitimately, so I'm glad that got looked at.

As for the superboss Pokemon... I feel like Casual Mode would be putting a bandaid on a broken bone, but I'm willing to see how it goes first :D

Ignore the haters :D Anyways, yes. I'll see how all of it goes. Thanks for all the input.

Since your cheat detector doesn't affect the game when you add money, can't you just buy revives and use them until the bosses run out of pp

Of course, it's up to you if you want to do it like that.

Attachments

• Pokémon Empyrean [v1.1] (~! Final Arc Released !~)
      ice_screenshot_20190301-205847.png
      14.6 KB · Views: 24

RaiboltPMU

Pancakes
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2021
    oh boy depending on where that is I may have seen it and just forgotten. The streamer I watch only just got through the Ghost "gym" and I haven't seen Voltsy's playthrough in ages.

The ghost thing isn't from the Ghost gym or in that village, the "ghost" was released at v0.8.2. The streamer will see it soon

Spoiler:

Keileon

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2023
    The ghost thing isn't from the Ghost gym or in that village, the "ghost" was released at v0.8.2. The streamer will see it soon

Spoiler:

Looking forward to seeing it then!

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2023
    Ok,ok my turn to say. This is getting out of hand. There was a reason Stochastic did that to put bosses in but heres the thing. I struggled a lot against R and all the bosses as well but in the end it was all about strategic plans on how to defeat it and it required patience. It also isn't about cheating the game as cheaters always cheats but if u want to cheat, go ahead. Now the modes. Eventually He will add more things in over time as this is not a fully completed game remember so things can change over time. This is not a unfair game. It was meant to be like this. Stochastic had to put in a lot of effort and time into this as he created this himself. And one more thing: If you don't enjoy playing pokemon empyrean, no ones stopping you to leave and not play it.

Keileon

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2023
    Ok,ok my turn to say. This is getting out of hand. There was a reason Stochastic did that to put bosses in but heres the thing. I struggled a lot against R and all the bosses as well but in the end it was all about strategic plans on how to defeat it and it required patience. It also isn't about cheating the game as cheaters always cheats but if u want to cheat, go ahead. Now the modes. Eventually He will add more things in over time as this is not a fully completed game remember so things can change over time. This is not a unfair game. It was meant to be like this. Stochastic had to put in a lot of effort and time into this as he created this himself. And one more thing: If you don't enjoy playing pokemon empyrean, no ones stopping you to leave and not play it.

The argument's already done, there's nothing to get out of hand anymore. Stoch saw my input, clarified some things, and thanked me. And that was the end of my criticism, because my points had been addressed.

I didn't say it was an unfair game- I cited the perception of a game being unfair as a reason players might cheat. Having to battle (and be expected to win against) a monstrously overpowered Pokemon certainly will strike some people as "unfair" until they figure out a strategy to beat it. Nobody's saying they don't like the game; don't put words in my mouth.

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2019
    I haven't started playing yet but from what I've seen and heard I can't wait. I was just wondering If you think it's possible to fit this whole game into a .gba so we can play it on our Gameboys. Anyways I was just curious and wanted to know if that is even possible.

Back