• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Essentials Diamond and Pearl Moves & Abilities Project

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
Years
  • Curiosity...

Hi guys, thanks for your patience.

As Hall Of Famer said, I've been busy one way or another (including having my modem fry on me). The project is still going ahead, but as previously mentioned, much slower than I'd like. I'm sorry I haven't been able to update anyone here, but know that it is still happening.

And on that note, I'd just like to let people know that it will be released in a similar fashion to Essentials, so don't expect a finished product first time. With that in mind you really shouldn't have to wait much longer... if I were to tempt fate I'd say by the end of this month.

Take care folks and remember, if you're Eevee gets any more sensitive to radiation it's going to evolve if you cook it anything in a microwave.

LokiFerne

And, will that include a new screen resotlution?
    Because i'm having problems with the new resolution on my game, the enemy pokemon on battle screen are not positioned and stuff.

So, if this is a DP-based Kit, it would be nice to have the DP layout.
    Also, i strongly support that you include comments on the scripts.

mad.array

Eeveelutions... need more...
    Years
  • At the moment the resolution is the same as the Essentials Kit. It is a personal choice whether people keep the Gen III style or move to the Gen IV. This doesn't mean I won't put support in for it in the future, but at the moment it is purely the added mechanics of DP that are being added.

As for adding comments to the scripts, it's something I'll address in a later release. My working plan is a little... chaotic... so I've got to get it into some kind of order that normal human beings can decipher =P.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • I'm not very familiar to this, but what scripts are you editing? is it only the scripts and text files for the moves or are you also extending the game systems?

Fraot

Years
  • At the moment the resolution is the same as the Essentials Kit. It is a personal choice whether people keep the Gen III style or move to the Gen IV. This doesn't mean I won't put support in for it in the future, but at the moment it is purely the added mechanics of DP that are being added.

As for adding comments to the scripts, it's something I'll address in a later release. My working plan is a little... chaotic... so I've got to get it into some kind of order that normal human beings can decipher =P.

Aww, well. I'll deal with the Gen 4 style T___T, but there're guys who knows about it and don't want to share knowledge... if i finally find the way to make my game to be like the Ds's ones, i'll start a thread of the scripts that MUST be edited.

mad.array

Years
  • Just a small update, to let you know I'm not lying on a sunbed anywhere! In an attempt to get the Summary screen to show where and at what level you caught your Pokémon, I've somehow had to change the summary screen to the fr/g one. As I've not been very forthcoming with screenies, here's two of said menu.

I know that's probably not enough to keep you going but it's all I've got at the minute. Sorry!!!

@DragoChamp: Quite a few of the scripts are being altered/added to/hit with a sledgehammer to get everything in. There are some things being added that aren't moves/abilities, such as terrain tags for pussles and snow that have the same effect as in the games.

@Fraot: That's going to be a huge list. A lot of the coordinates for the windows/battle elements would probably need to change, plus any move animations made in the editor would be out of place once the resolution change had occured. In short, I hope you have a lot of free time (and coffee).

Fraot

Years
  • Well...

@Fraot: That's going to be a huge list. A lot of the coordinates for the windows/battle elements would probably need to change, plus any move animations made in the editor would be out of place once the resolution change had occured. In short, I hope you have a lot of free time (and coffee).

Lol, hahahaha. I know, i may restart my game on the original kit's resolution T_____T.

But i'll be editing the resolution gradually, also i will make a thread showing the scripts to be edited, or a .zip file with the already edited .txt files, just to copy and paste, of course: WITH COMMENTS

The reason i want the DP resolution is because the sprites doesn't look good, shrinked from 80x80 to 64x64(i know, it's doubled: 160x160 to 120x120), and if I use the 80x80- size sprites, they will be out of the screen... damm!

Noo!!!! i don't like the sizes!!!! :'(

BTW: restart my game is not a big deal... we have the super powerful COPY AND PASTE features!!! i'll just copy and paste events and maps, also the folders but, naw, it's easy.

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013
    Hi!
    I just wanted to post to say I support the project.
    And, in case you are wondering, I am the same Ty 101 from Hof.

mad.array

Years
  • It'd crossed my mind. Actually, I'd seen you on here before I'd even been on the HoF forums. I used to browse the Essentials thread a lot more regularly than I do now and I'm sure I saw your name on there. But anyway, I digress. Thanks for the support!

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
    Years
  • Couldn't you just resize the screen so that it is larger and then use the unedited 160X160 and 80x80 sprites? Meh im not sure I may be talking about stuff not possible atm. Also at Mad, I wish you luck and I would send you coffee but I can't lol if you get all this done you will be helping so many people myself included.

KaoruMikami

Pokemon Rogue Developer
    Years
  • Couldn't you just resize the screen so that it is larger and then use the unedited 160X160 and 80x80 sprites? Meh im not sure I may be talking about stuff not possible atm. Also at Mad, I wish you luck and I would send you coffee but I can't lol if you get all this done you will be helping so many people myself included.

I've always thought the same thing. I know its possible to change the size of the screen, I've done it before and if I remember correctly teres a section about it here on PC, so why not just resize it? It looks better like that anyway, depending on your computer at least.

mad.array

Years
  • SytheXP & KaoriMikami: I can understand what you're saying about the DPPl sprites looking a bit off because of being resized but at the moment the screen resolution isn't a priority. Also, as I mentioned before, not everyone will be using the Gen IV style. While this is a suite of Gen IV features, I think visual style will be one of the things that will be considered much later on. There is currently a discussion on the Essentials thread about changing the resolution. If individual teams/people want to do this then they are welcome but it's not something I will be doing in the immediate future.

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
    Years
  • I know what you mean Mad I was simply rambling off a suggestion. And no the 4th gen graphics are not priority at the moment since loads of people still use 3rd gen. Still keep up the good work and I still wish you luck

mad.array

Years
  • Thanks man. I didn't mean to sound like I was criticising, but I'm spending more time checking/debugging this than I am sleeping at the moment and I might have come off as being defensive. Not my intention I assure you. Thanks for the support, it's appreciated!

mad.array

Years
  • The first release is here! Check the first post for a link to the Basic version and details about applying for the Complete Version. Please note that I'm not going to be free all of the time and if people send betas/demos then they will take a while to go through and analyse. So don't worry if I don't get straight back to you!

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • The first release is here! Check the first post for a link to the Basic version and details about applying for the Complete Version. Please note that I'm not going to be free all of the time and if people send betas/demos then they will take a while to go through and analyse. So don't worry if I don't get straight back to you!

YeeeeeeeeeeeY XD This is something people have eagerly awaited. Does this come with an instructions manual :P J.O.K.E.

mad.array

Years
  • Lol, oh I wish I could provide an instruction manual at the moment, but it all depends on what you've changed/added in your own projects so it's not really a one size fits all thing. This is where the real problem lies. If I were more organised I'd have sorted this out properly but some of the stuff I did was so early in the morning that I couldn't have organised it if I'd have been surrounded by PDAs set to max volume!!!

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • Hmm...I've downloaded the project and am testing it out as we speak. It would acctually be really good if you wrote down all the changes you have made so people can apply it themselves instead of bugging you.

EDIT: :| you've included all of the Arceus forms in the full version?

Back