• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Essentials Diamond and Pearl Moves & Abilities Project

mad.array

Eeveelutions... need more...
Years
  • Yeah, in the full version. The type change, the judgement type and the sprites. I know my organisation is a little nonexistant but that will be rectified. I'm now free of scripting for a while so I can sort some kind of manual out to at least ease the process a little bit.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • Yeah, in the full version. The type change, the judgement type and the sprites. I know my organisation is a little nonexistant but that will be rectified. I'm now free of scripting for a while so I can sort some kind of manual out to at least ease the process a little bit.

That would be very helpful, especially for the dozen of users that are going to use this.
    BTW I love that funny little character to the right of the exit in the Pokemon Centre XD

mad.array

Years
  • Oh Aiden V1. He's got every right to complain. I kept the people a bit tongue in cheek to keep myself amused while i was taking a break from scripting. Needless to say the game that he's talking about doesn't exist any more, which is what peed him off :P

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • You've added all the cool new things from the 4th gen. I love the deep snow. But why can't i battle the Mewtwo? Also did you sort out that when you are on a tile with terrain tag 6 and click on an event on it it doesnt ask you if you want to surf?

EDIT: OH never mind. I just found out that you used a new terrain tags for puddles.

mad.array

Years
  • Oh the Mewtwo was just to check that item reflections still worked. I thought a Mewtwo floating there would look cool. Plus maybe the player character isn't 'cool' enough to fight mewtwo :P

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • What you have done is really cool, and the 4th gen features are really great. Still no poffin though so not good enough :P Anyways, I look forward to more things like this from you.

mad.array

Years
  • Lol. The poffins will be included, plus the Cool, Beauty etc attributes are already in. The guy on the second floor of the gatehouse will max out the beauty of any Pokémon you choose. Though the Poffins aren't in there yet I'm trying to think of a way of creating them without a stylus.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • Where are the stats (Cool, Beauty etc.) displayed? And the poffin thing, why not use a mouse script that could act as a stylus? It makes it easier instead of thinking about other complex ways.

mad.array

Years
  • As there's no need to view them yet I haven't included that menu. Including a mouse script does have its merits, but a mouse doesn't act in the same way as a stylus and would be awkward for people on laptops with their mice (the various names of which I'm banned from mentioning here). I've been having trouble locating sprites for all of the menus so not all of them have been converted to the fr/lg style yet (Check page three of the summary or the egg summary screen).

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • Definately. This project is great. And when Alexandre finishes Pokemon Essentials: Online, and people combine it with this and their own games, we could create the ultimate Pokemon game. :D

mad.array

Years
  • The one fangame... to rule them all :P

Sorry, didn't read a couple of the questions there. The judgment (no pun involving Arceus intended) on the full version is based on the overall quality of the game in production. If a game has brilliant graphics but a dire storyline and all of the characters speak in leet then it's a no. If one area excels but another is abysmal then that area will have to be improved before the full version will be distributed. No prior scripting knowledge is required, but if the person does know how to script then it will help.

Last edited:

Zephyra

I lurk
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2012
    I really love what you've done with this, although I have a few irks involving the box system. Nothing hugely important though.
    1. If you get to the last Pokemon in the box or party and press down, it will play the cry of the Pokemon
    2. When you select a Pokemon in the box and go to another, if you return to the box screen, the cursor is still over the original Pokemon
    3. In the attack screen, the Sprite is off-centered and the description of the attack runs off-screen

Other than that though, you did an excellent job implementing the attacks and abilities. I'll be sure to work some more on my game so I can get the full version :3

KaoruMikami

Pokemon Rogue Developer
    Years
  • Woah! I found a nice little glitch in the basic already XD
    When you're walking towards your PC your character changes completly to a different sprite. It's momentary I believe but I dunno if it's something that'll happen over and over in different areas.

EDIT: Nvm the PC, it's happening wherever I walk now o.e;

mad.array

Years
  • @Zephyra: Minus the attack description problem, all of these are present in Essentials too. The attack description will be a pain but at the moment I'm more worried that everything is in there than in the screen. :P

@KaoriMikami: Yeah I was just playing around with getting the Gen IV heroes in a Gen II style. I'm sure I finished the male one off but I might have done it after I split the Basic from the Complete. But hey, I suck at back sprites. Either way, it's not like you're going to be using my player sprite is it? lol

Rakki-neko

Zakki Orichalcum
    Years
  • Can someone help me? I keep getting this problem when every I try to start the actual game its self:
    Gamenotworkpokemonbasic.jpg

Also, I want to add three types to my game and I don't know how, seeing that there isn't a PBS for types.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    You need to compile the data first (hold Ctrl while starting the game in playtest mode). As for the types, they're in the PBTypes script section. There's a short guide to editing them there, too.

Rakki-neko

Zakki Orichalcum
    Years
  • Okay I'll look in to that, thanks Wichu. :) Oh and one thing about Pokemon Amethyst, is the big monsterous thing in your banner an actual pokemon in the game?

Edit: new problem with this, now I get the whole adding it to the data base so that the game will reconise it but how do I add it it the types picture so that it shows up in the menus and such.

Last edited:

KaoruMikami

Pokemon Rogue Developer
    Years
  • @Zephyra: Minus the attack description problem, all of these are present in Essentials too. The attack description will be a pain but at the moment I'm more worried that everything is in there than in the screen. :P

@KaoriMikami: Yeah I was just playing around with getting the Gen IV heroes in a Gen II style. I'm sure I finished the male one off but I might have done it after I split the Basic from the Complete. But hey, I suck at back sprites. Either way, it's not like you're going to be using my player sprite is it? lol

Haha no, but I thought it'd be best to bring to attention for those who plan to just use the premade tiles and graphics XD

Back