• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Eternal X & Wilting Y [Version 2.67 Released]

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
I checked, it turns out the entire luma\titles\0004000000055E00\romfs\a\0\1 folder was missing actually! It works just fine now, thanks!

You're welcome! It might be worth double checking that the other folders are all there before your roadtrip, it's strange that one was missing.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 5, 2023
You're welcome! It might be worth double checking that the other folders are all there before your roadtrip, it's strange that one was missing.

I've double checked now and it actually seems like in addition to the "1" folder, folders "7" and "8" are missing. Depending on the contents of those folders I think the standard Rebalanced might actually be a mislabeled Legal mode, since I found those in all other modes, standard Legal included. Rebalanced also only has the "0" folder within "a" whereas the others all have "1" and "2" as well. I actually noticed this as I was playing, moves for example didn't seem changed. My Cottonee learned Mega Drain but it was still the standard 40 base power rather than 60.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
I've double checked now and it actually seems like in addition to the "1" folder, folders "7" and "8" are missing. Depending on the contents of those folders I think the standard Rebalanced might actually be a mislabeled Legal mode, since I found those in all other modes, standard Legal included. Rebalanced also only has the "0" folder within "a" whereas the others all have "1" and "2" as well. I actually noticed this as I was playing, moves for example didn't seem changed. My Cottonee learned Mega Drain but it was still the standard 40 base power rather than 60.

Ah I think I see what's happened here. It seems as though you've replaced folders rather than merged them when installing the Viola nerf, so everything in the "a" folder except for the "0" folder was deleted. I'm pretty sure Win 10 made this the default option when overwriting folders with the same name because it sucks for some reason.

I've downloaded the files to check, and they're definitely all there, so I'd have to assume that was what happened.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 5, 2023
Ah I think I see what's happened here. It seems as though you've replaced folders rather than merged them when installing the Viola nerf, so everything in the "a" folder except for the "0" folder was deleted. I'm pretty sure Win 10 made this the default option when overwriting folders with the same name because it sucks for some reason.

I've downloaded the files to check, and they're definitely all there, so I'd have to assume that was what happened.

Ah, that makes sense. So if that's the case would you suggest deleting the patch from my SD card and reinstalling it?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Ah, that makes sense. So if that's the case would you suggest deleting the patch from my SD card and reinstalling it?

Yeah that'd probably be the easiest way to do it. If you're not getting a prompt to merge folders/replace files when copying over the Viola nerf you might want to copy those two files over one at a time to make sure it all works properly.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 5, 2023
Yeah that'd probably be the easiest way to do it. If you're not getting a prompt to merge folders/replace files when copying over the Viola nerf you might want to copy those two files over one at a time to make sure it all works properly.

Did that and it seems to have worked just fine! Thanks for your help! I'll let you know if anything else comes up.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 5, 2023
I was wondering, I know that in a lot of cases you replaced a Pokemon's standard ability with its hidden ability or added its hidden ability as a standard ability, but is there like a document that has a compiled list of that sort of thing? On a related note is there a way to easily obtain Ability Capsules?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
I was wondering, I know that in a lot of cases you replaced a Pokemon's standard ability with its hidden ability or added its hidden ability as a standard ability, but is there like a document that has a compiled list of that sort of thing? On a related note is there a way to easily obtain Ability Capsules?

There isn't a document for that unfortunately, but you can buy Ability Capsules from any Poke Mart after getting your second Gym Badge, so it's easy enough to find out which two abilities a Pokemon has access to.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 5, 2023
Hey, sorry to bother you again but I've come across sort of a weird glitch. In Dendemille Town when I try to have my Steelix taught a move the game crashes. I've tried to replicate this with other Pokemon of mine, including others that've had ability changes or move changes, but it only seems to be happening with Steelix. Any idea what the problem could be?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hey, sorry to bother you again but I've come across sort of a weird glitch. In Dendemille Town when I try to have my Steelix taught a move the game crashes. I've tried to replicate this with other Pokemon of mine, including others that've had ability changes or move changes, but it only seems to be happening with Steelix. Any idea what the problem could be?

I think Steelix has too many level up moves (it's got 28 and I'm pretty sure the limit is 25), which causes the move reminder to glitch out and crash the game. Sorry about that, hope you didn't lose any progress! I'll get a fix uploaded now.

EDIT: Fix is up now. I've also replaced the code.bin file with an ips patch in this update, so you'll need to either delete the old code.bin file after updating, or uninstall the hack before copying over the new files.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 5, 2023
I think Steelix has too many level up moves (it's got 28 and I'm pretty sure the limit is 25), which causes the move reminder to glitch out and crash the game. Sorry about that, hope you didn't lose any progress! I'll get a fix uploaded now.

EDIT: Fix is up now. I've also replaced the code.bin file with an ips patch in this update, so you'll need to either delete the old code.bin file after updating, or uninstall the hack before copying over the new files.

Ah, only just saw this response, thank you! So just to be clear do I need to totally replace the hack files I have on my SD card or just the code.bin file?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Ah, only just saw this response, thank you! So just to be clear do I need to totally replace the hack files I have on my SD card or just the code.bin file?

Totally replacing the files would be best. Now that you're past Viola you won't need to include the nerf files, so it'll be a simple drag and drop once the old files are deleted.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 5, 2023
Totally replacing the files would be best. Now that you're past Viola you won't need to include the nerf files, so it'll be a simple drag and drop once the old files are deleted.

I did the drag and drop to replace the files and now when I load the game it's stuck on the "Nintendo 3DS" screen, any idea what the problem might be?

EDIT: I have absolutely no idea what I did but somehow I managed to fix it and now I also can tutor my Steelix. So uh... thanks? No clue how it got fixed but I'm glad I can take advantage of Strong Jaw Crunch now, haha.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
I did the drag and drop to replace the files and now when I load the game it's stuck on the "Nintendo 3DS" screen, any idea what the problem might be?

EDIT: I have absolutely no idea what I did but somehow I managed to fix it and now I also can tutor my Steelix. So uh... thanks? No clue how it got fixed but I'm glad I can take advantage of Strong Jaw Crunch now, haha.

Well as long as it's working now I guess the "how" isn't too important :laugh-squinted:. Have fun with your Steelix!

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 27, 2018
My game crash when I launch the first fight with the proffessor.. What I am doing ?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
My game crash when I launch the first fight with the proffessor.. What I am doing ?

If you're playing one of the insanity versions the professor is a triple battle, so you'll need at least three Pokemon to battle him without the game crashing. Don't know what else would be causing that.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 28, 2018
Hello! I'm playing your mod with the Online version and greatly enjoying it. The difficulty bump was just what I wanted.

That said, is there a way for me to remove the item mart/location changes without breaking anything else? And if so would that break my current save?

At any rate, thank you very much for the enjoyable experience!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hello! I'm playing your mod with the Online version and greatly enjoying it. The difficulty bump was just what I wanted.

That said, is there a way for me to remove the item mart/location changes without breaking anything else? And if so would that break my current save?

At any rate, thank you very much for the enjoyable experience!

Good to hear you're enjoying the hack! If you followed the install guide, you'd have to unpack the spoof cia, replace the code.bin file in it with a clean copy of the official update's code.bin, then rebuild and reinstall it. It's a bit of a hassle if you're not familiar with building cia files, but I can try to help you if you want to give it a go.

If you used Buley's code.bin file, you can simply delete that from your 3DS SD card and that should remove all of the mart changes.

Your save would be 100% safe with either option; EXWY doesn't make any changes that affect save compatibility.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2018
Is there any way to still download the 2.34 version or convert the code.ips back to .bin? I'm trying to rebuild a .3ds file for use in Citra but it can't rebuild with the .ips.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Is there any way to still download the 2.34 version or convert the code.ips back to .bin? I'm trying to rebuild a .3ds file for use in Citra but it can't rebuild with the .ips.

You can download lunar ips instead and use it to apply the code.ips patch to the clean code.bin you have; it shouldn't be hard to find a download for it.
Also, (just in case you're not aware) unless something major has changed with Citra, XY doesn't work on it and will constantly freeze.

Back