• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Eternal X & Wilting Y [Version 2.67 Released]

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Thank you for your concern! I'm terribly sorry, it was me messing up with merging folders. I've tried to do it just via wifi and micro SD management. It was ridiculously slow and eventually it just gave me an error message, offering to repeat the process. I've agreed, it somehow finished the process way too fast. After I've installed filezilla and some tool from GBAtemp , everything went up smoothly.
Arvis the fennekin managed to snag blazikenite from a torchicO_O that was soo unexpected. Playing your hack bit by bit and it feels so refreshing. i haven't played pokemon X/Y since, I dunno 2014.

No problem, I'm glad that it's all working now. That Torchic is a one-time encounter, meant to be a replacement for the event one that was available for a while when X/Y were released (which came with Blazikenite and Speed Boost). That's why it had the mega stone. Good to hear you're enjoying the hack so far!

Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2023
How do you uninstall the hack and make the game go back to normal?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
How do you uninstall the hack and make the game go back to normal?

You can either disable luma's game patching feature in its menu, or delete the hack's folder from your SD card. It's luma/titles/[game ID] where "game ID" is 0004000000055D00 for X and 0004000000055E00 for Y.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 2, 2018
Hey there !
I'm trying to install the Legal Insanity Mode for Wilting Y using the drag and drop method.
I did remove the DLC content and did the Luma step as well, but when I try to launch the game it results in an error :

" An exception occurred
Processor : ARM11 ( core 0 )
Exception type : data abort
Fault status : Permission - Page
Current process : kujira-2 "

Is there anything to fix this ? Thanks :)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hey there !
I'm trying to install the Legal Insanity Mode for Wilting Y using the drag and drop method.
I did remove the DLC content and did the Luma step as well, but when I try to launch the game it results in an error :

" An exception occurred
Processor : ARM11 ( core 0 )
Exception type : data abort
Fault status : Permission - Page
Current process : kujira-2 "

Is there anything to fix this ? Thanks :)

Hey, thanks for the detailed error report! Unfortunately the only way I've been able to replicate this error was with the update installed. However, as that's not the problem, all I can suggest is re-downloading the game files and repeating the install process; I've just re-uploaded Wilting Y in case there was a problem with the files on Google drive (which has happened before). Hopefully that will fix the problem, but let me know if it doesn't and I'll try to come up with something else.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 2, 2018
Hey, thanks for the detailed error report! Unfortunately the only way I've been able to replicate this error was with the update installed. However, as that's not the problem, all I can suggest is re-downloading the game files and repeating the install process; I've just re-uploaded Wilting Y in case there was a problem with the files on Google drive (which has happened before). Hopefully that will fix the problem, but let me know if it doesn't and I'll try to come up with something else.

Thanks for your reply !
Just to make sure I've re-downloaded the real update, so I could delete it again, and the additional data as well.
Did the drag and drop again and now it works perfectly !
Can't wait to try it !

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Playing through a Nuzlocke run of Eternal X Rebalanced and loving it so far!

Just one question: are Power Herbs available as a wild held item or purchasable before Kiloude City? The Seedots on Route 22 don't seem to hold Power Herbs like they could in OR (Nuzleaf in OR and USUM could too, but from the documentation it looks like only Seedot can be found in your hack). It makes sense since Seedots didn't hold them in X & Y, but it'd be nice to have access to them before the Elite Four. I'd love to eventually be able to give some of these trainers a taste of their own medicine, especially with my Delphox since she'd steal the target's item after hitting it with Solar Beam :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Playing through a Nuzlocke run of Eternal X Rebalanced and loving it so far!

Just one question: are Power Herbs available as a wild held item or purchasable before Kiloude City? The Seedots on Route 22 don't seem to hold Power Herbs like they could in OR (Nuzleaf in OR and USUM could too, but from the documentation it looks like only Seedot can be found in your hack). It makes sense since Seedots didn't hold them in X & Y, but it'd be nice to have access to them before the Elite Four. I'd love to eventually be able to give some of these trainers a taste of their own medicine, especially with my Delphox since she'd steal the target's item after hitting it with Solar Beam :D

Good to hear you're enjoying the hack, good luck with your Nuzlocke!

Most of the ORAS wild held items didn't make it into EXWY, but it seems that Power Herbs aren't available at all outside of the Battle Maison, so that will need to be changed. I'll see if I can get an update sorted tonight to add the held item changes from ORAS.

EDIT: The update is available now, wild Seedot will hold Power Herbs 50% of the time. All of the other ORAS wild held items have also been added, including the level curve-destroying Lucky Egg Pelipper.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Good to hear you're enjoying the hack, good luck with your Nuzlocke!

Most of the ORAS wild held items didn't make it into EXWY, but it seems that Power Herbs aren't available at all outside of the Battle Maison, so that will need to be changed. I'll see if I can get an update sorted tonight to add the held item changes from ORAS.

EDIT: The update is available now, wild Seedot will hold Power Herbs 50% of the time. All of the other ORAS wild held items have also been added, including the level curve-destroying Lucky Egg Pelipper.

Wow, thanks! That was fast!

Nuzlocke's going pretty good so far, though since I'm not using the Exp Share I'm doing a lot of grinding. More chances to find Shinies, so its not too bad :)
Biggest loss so far was Brand, my Combusken (started as the static Torchic on Route 2), in the first battle against Prof. Sycamore of all places. Thought he was safe fighting the Charmeleon, but that's because I wasn't expecting the Dragon Rage! :laugh-squinted:

Years
Okay, I think I've installed Eternal X correctly, and am going to be doing a "Wusslocke", a somewhat easier variation of a Nuzlocke invented by a friend of mine. It's basically just like a Nuzlocke, except your Pokemon don't die if you deem their death to be "unfair". That is, if it's not something you could reasonably see coming, like they get OHKO'd by an (un)lucky Critical Hit or a cheap shot like Self-Destruct/Explosion, their death doesn't "count".

Of course, this variation involves a LOT of the "honor system", since it's ultimately up to you whether the death was "unfair" or not.

--------

As for the reason I made this post, I wanted to make sure: you say EX/WY will not work fully with the Pokemon X/Y updates, particularly Version 1.1. What about Versions 1.2-1.5 then? I assume I can not have those updates, and not just because they might break EX/WY, but also because they will themselves break without V 1.1.

Thanks for making this hack!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Okay, I think I've installed Eternal X correctly, and am going to be doing a "Wusslocke", a somewhat easier variation of a Nuzlocke invented by a friend of mine. It's basically just like a Nuzlocke, except your Pokemon don't die if you deem their death to be "unfair". That is, if it's not something you could reasonably see coming, like they get OHKO'd by an (un)lucky Critical Hit or a cheap shot like Self-Destruct/Explosion, their death doesn't "count".

Of course, this variation involves a LOT of the "honor system", since it's ultimately up to you whether the death was "unfair" or not.

--------

As for the reason I made this post, I wanted to make sure: you say EX/WY will not work fully with the Pokemon X/Y updates, particularly Version 1.1. What about Versions 1.2-1.5 then? I assume I can not have those updates, and not just because they might break EX/WY, but also because they will themselves break without V 1.1.

Thanks for making this hack!

That's probably a good choice of Nuzlocke for this hack, there are a few cheap battles in there and that'll make them much less frustrating.

Wherever I've written update 1.1 is a typo; I meant to say it doesn't work with update 1.5, or any of the older updates. Unfortunately whenever people have tried to get the hack working with the update, either the game freezes or some of the hack's features don't work. IIRC the 1.5 update spoof .cia included in the online version tricks the game into thinking it's updated, but doesn't include the bug fixes in the update (though I could be wrong about that, I didn't make that file myself and haven't tested it extensively).

............Goddamnit. You cheeky bastard.

Can't believe no one caught that til now :laugh-squinted:

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 16, 2018
Hi,
my game keeps getting stuck in the beginning, trying to create additional data. I have downloaded the newest docs and updated and deleted multiple times.
Edit: WY insanity is the version i´m trying

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hi,
my game keeps getting stuck in the beginning, trying to create additional data. I have downloaded the newest docs and updated and deleted multiple times.
Edit: WY insanity is the version i?m trying

I think someone's encountered that before, it turned out to be a luma problem. Try disabling luma's game patching feature until you can save using the in-game menu, then save your game, restart your 3DS and re-enable it. Hopefully that will fix the problem, but if not, let me know and I'll look into it further.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 11, 2019
Just registered to thank you for your time spent and for the mod. I'm enjoying it so hard.
I never played X/Y so I started weeks ago. Unfortunately the game was too easy and boring so I wasn't enjoying it. Your mod is changing the whole game experience in a good way.

So far, I managed to beat with ease Viola (not nerfed one) with a Froakie, Torchic and Fletching. I didn't even knew which kind of pok?mon she had (I have almost no clue about new pok?mons) so I must confess that Dwebble was my problem (0 knowledge about this pok?mon). He oneshoted my humble birds, but fortunately Froakie did the job well.

Out of curisity, I wanted to check which kind of pok?mon spawns in early routes (like route 2) but seems like the docs are not updated because I have found a Torchic and a Bonsly there.

Do you have plans to update the docs?

The game works perfectly in Spanish, only the edited TM descriptions are messed, but it not annoys because the names are perfectly shown.

Thank you again and my apologies for my crappy English!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 7, 2018
Hey. Just a heads up when you change the in game language to French the patch stops working. I applied the patch via Luma and started a new game in French and it all worked fine caught the Torchic then saved it turned it off and back on the patch ceases to work. As soon as I deleted my save data and watched the screen load the patch works again.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hey. Just a heads up when you change the in game language to French the patch stops working. I applied the patch via Luma and started a new game in French and it all worked fine caught the Torchic then saved it turned it off and back on the patch ceases to work. As soon as I deleted my save data and watched the screen load the patch works again.

That's strange, the language should have no effect on anything except the edited title screen (which only works in English) and a few small text edits. What did you check to determine whether or not the patch was working?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 5, 2023
Hello!

I'm trying to install the standard Rebalanced version of Wilting Y. I followed the steps as needed, including the Luma step and deleting the title updates. The game opens normally but when I select my language (English), I get a black screen with the following message:

"An error occurred (ErrDisp)

Error type: generic

Process ID: 43
Process name: kujira-2
Process title ID: 0x0004000000055e00

Address: 0x00127ca4
Error code: 0xe0e046c1

Press any button to reboot."

I've tried the drag and drop again, and that didn't seem to help. I'm hesitant to reinstall the title updates since to do so I need to update my 3DS system as well, as I'm concerned that might make my custom firmware not work. Any ideas how to solve this? I'm going to be on a roadtrip for much of tomorrow so I'm hoping to have it fixed and ready to go soon.

EDIT: I retried the drag and drop, and this time I got the same error message but with Process ID: 38 instead of 43.

EDIT 2: Tried it again and this time dealt with the Viola nerf file before putting anything onto my SD card, and it works just fine. Probably I was putting that in the wrong place. Thank you anyway!

EDIT 3: Though it seemed like the problems all were solved it turns out that the wild encounter modifications hadn't been applied. How can I solve this?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hello!
EDIT 3: Though it seemed like the problems all were solved it turns out that the wild encounter modifications hadn't been applied. How can I solve this?

Seeing as you haven't got the title update installed (which is what usually causes that) I'd suggest checking whether or not the wild Pokemon file is on your 3DS SD card; it's a file named "2" in luma\titles\0004000000055E00\romfs\a\0\1. If it's missing that'll be the problem.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 5, 2023
Seeing as you haven't got the title update installed (which is what usually causes that) I'd suggest checking whether or not the wild Pokemon file is on your 3DS SD card; it's a file named "2" in luma\titles\0004000000055E00\romfs\a\0\1. If it's missing that'll be the problem.

I checked, it turns out the entire luma\titles\0004000000055E00\romfs\a\0\1 folder was missing actually! It works just fine now, thanks!

Back