• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Eternal X & Wilting Y [Version 2.67 Released]

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 13, 2022
I was able to update to 10.1, and Wilting Y works as intended now. I'll try PM later. Thanks for the help!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020
Hi, I love this hack, I'm getting a lot of enjoyment out of it. I'm not sure if you still update it, but I thought you'd want to know that there's no way to get the "prison bottle", the item that lets hoopa change form. Or at least I don't know how to find it after looking around online

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hi, I love this hack, I'm getting a lot of enjoyment out of it. I'm not sure if you still update it, but I thought you'd want to know that there's no way to get the "prison bottle", the item that lets hoopa change form. Or at least I don't know how to find it after looking around online
Hey, thanks! I still update it with bug fixes (still need to fix a couple of trainers in an optional area), but I don't make major changes very often. The prison bottle was added in ORAS, so it and Hoopa Unbound don't exist in XY unfortunately.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for the quick reply! If it's bugs you're looking for, I have a funny story for ya:

The last stretch of the power plant, the double battle vs the flare scientists with Serena. It's the 5th attempt, and I finally get the swagger RNG to conserve the much-needed hp of my Luxray. To top it all off, Serena's flareon just got a critical hit before it became fucking rayquaza with it's poison orb boost. Things are going so well! Surely, this is the run. And then on the next turn...

SERENA'S FUCKING FLAREON WILL-O-WISPS ME. MY LUXRAY HAS STRONG JAW, NOT GUTS YOU ****

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I am not sure, but this game seems very easy so far (before first badge).
Is the difficullty gonna be harder the more the game is processing?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Thanks for the quick reply! If it's bugs you're looking for, I have a funny story for ya:

The last stretch of the power plant, the double battle vs the flare scientists with Serena. It's the 5th attempt, and I finally get the swagger RNG to conserve the much-needed hp of my Luxray. To top it all off, Serena's flareon just got a critical hit before it became fucking rayquaza with it's poison orb boost. Things are going so well! Surely, this is the run. And then on the next turn...

SERENA'S FUCKING FLAREON WILL-O-WISPS ME. MY LUXRAY HAS STRONG JAW, NOT GUTS YOU ****
Ah yeah that's a Game Freak bug, the AI does it to itself sometimes too. Didn't realize it also did it to the player though, I'll definitely have to fix that. Thanks for letting me know!

I am not sure, but this game seems very easy so far (before first badge).
Is the difficullty gonna be harder the more the game is processing?
Yeah, everything before the first badge is meant to be free exp. Viola is supposed to be the first battle that's somewhat challenging, though how hard she is depends on your team.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 13, 2022
Hello there! It's me again! Both of the games fully installed properly this time I've made it to Viola in Wilting Y and through cutscene hell in PM.

However, I broke them again.

I'm completely confused as to how Y broke, but for PM, I was trying to get some Pickup Zigzagoons before I turned off my 3ds without saving because I caught a Gluttony one. My save is just before the grass patch I found the pokemon in. Problem is, whenever I go into the save, the game crashes and brings me to a Luma-esque screen where I can save a crash file with A or shutdown the 3ds. I have the same issue with Y, however the chash also happens when the updated logo is supposed to show.

The crash files are .dmp files so I can't upload them here for you to look at. Has this issue happened before? What's the fix?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020
Hiya, found a minor bug, should be easy to fix(?)

The move tutor for relic song in snowbelle city isn't recognizing meloetta in my party. I was looking forward to checking out her pirouette form!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hello there! It's me again! Both of the games fully installed properly this time I've made it to Viola in Wilting Y and through cutscene hell in PM.

However, I broke them again.

I'm completely confused as to how Y broke, but for PM, I was trying to get some Pickup Zigzagoons before I turned off my 3ds without saving because I caught a Gluttony one. My save is just before the grass patch I found the pokemon in. Problem is, whenever I go into the save, the game crashes and brings me to a Luma-esque screen where I can save a crash file with A or shutdown the 3ds. I have the same issue with Y, however the chash also happens when the updated logo is supposed to show.

The crash files are .dmp files so I can't upload them here for you to look at. Has this issue happened before? What's the fix?
Hey, I've never encountered that without something being changed on the 3DS' SD card. The hacks don't do anything that would corrupt save files, so the crashes will be due to something else. It's really strange that both are broken; if you can upload the dump files somewhere else (e.g. google drive) or change their extension to something that can be uploaded here (.txt maybe?) I'll take a look and see if I can figure out what's happening.

The move tutor for relic song in snowbelle city isn't recognizing meloetta in my party. I was looking forward to checking out her pirouette form!
Hey, that's a "feature" in the vanilla games; the move tutors for mythical Pokemon won't recognize them unless they're a fateful encounter. I can't fix it, but I'll add Relic Song to Meloetta's level up move list instead. Will try to get that and the other fixes done and uploaded tomorrow. Thanks again for reporting these problems!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hi! Look, I was doing some post game research on Route 14, and all the pink trainers (Ranger type if I remember correctly) don't have any dialog box. The game kinda freezes for a few seconds and after you hit A a few times, appears a tiny white box dialogue, empty of course. I don't know if that's a bug but I wanted to report it
I've tested this and it's 100% a bug with the hack; seems to be caused by the game text file. Couldn't fix it unfortunately, so I'll replace that file entirely sometime in the future.

Took a bit longer than expected, but I've updated the game to give Meloetta access to Relic Song, as well as removed Will-O-Wisp from the Rival's Flareon. It now has Facade instead so hopefully it'll be more helpful, and will at least stop burning your Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 21, 2020
Hey, started playing your hack recently using Citra, I seem to have found a bug with the move Double Kick, it hits yourself instead of the opponent pokemon! I have only tested this with combusken, but its been consistent. Also, Idk if its intended, but protect doesnt seem to be working either, I have only seen trainers use it though so Idk what the deal is.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hey, started playing your hack recently using Citra, I seem to have found a bug with the move Double Kick, it hits yourself instead of the opponent pokemon! I have only tested this with combusken, but its been consistent. Also, Idk if its intended, but protect doesnt seem to be working either, I have only seen trainers use it though so Idk what the deal is.

Hey, did you download a prebuilt .cia of the hack by any chance? Last time this happened it was because someone had downloaded a really badly made one, which had somehow broken half the game. If that's the case, I'd suggest getting a clean X or Y copy and following the Citra install guide on the hack's Google drive. I've just updated it so it's a very simple copy/paste process now; no need to extract or build anything, just copy files from one place to another.

If that's not the case, could you please tell me which version of the hack you're playing (rebalanced or legal, X or Y) so I can test and fix it if needed?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 29, 2020
I just started getting into Pokemon Rom Hacks, and I'm excited to play a Pokemon X one! I am curious though, I noticed in the documentation that Milotic, one of my favorite Pokemon, didn't get a type change in the Rom Hack. Any chance of it getting that Fairy or Dragon typing? I always thought it needed a second typing. No biggy either one, super excited to see what you did here, thanks for all your hard work!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 6, 2020
Nice hack.. and many many thanks for this great work. Playing X after a long time.... but feels new ...courtesy of your hack...👍👌🙃

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
I just started getting into Pokemon Rom Hacks, and I'm excited to play a Pokemon X one! I am curious though, I noticed in the documentation that Milotic, one of my favorite Pokemon, didn't get a type change in the Rom Hack. Any chance of it getting that Fairy or Dragon typing? I always thought it needed a second typing. No biggy either one, super excited to see what you did here, thanks for all your hard work!
It's definitely a good time to get into rom hacks, hope you enjoy Eternal X! Milotic's one of my favorites too; I thought Multiscale was enough of a buff for it, but Fairy typing wold definitely improve it even more. I can add that to the next update, but it won't be done for quite a while.

Nice hack.. and many many thanks for this great work. Playing X after a long time.... but feels new ...courtesy of your hack...👍👌🙃
Thanks! Happy to hear EX is making X fresh again!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 12, 2023
Really love your hacks and also the updates you still provide. Keep doing so!
However I have run into a problem: When I use Pokemon X/Y v.1.0 and load Eternal X & Wilting Y 2.63 everything works fine. Pokemon boots and I can play it. However, when I update to 1.5 or install a .cia file compiled with update 1.5 neither of them work. Is there a solution / bypass to run Eternal X & Wilting Y 2.63 on update v1.5?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 29, 2020
Milotic is one of your favorites as well? I see you have good taste as well! I can't wait to see what you do with the next Update to the Rom Hack, even if you don't give Milotic the Fairy Typing (Fingers Crossed). I don't think anyone here would mind if it took a while man, perfection takes time!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Really love your hacks and also the updates you still provide. Keep doing so!
However I have run into a problem: When I use Pokemon X/Y v.1.0 and load Eternal X & Wilting Y 2.63 everything works fine. Pokemon boots and I can play it. However, when I update to 1.5 or install a .cia file compiled with update 1.5 neither of them work. Is there a solution / bypass to run Eternal X & Wilting Y 2.63 on update v1.5?
Thanks! I've got at least one more update planned for EXWY that isn't a bug fix.
The update doesn't work with the hack because the code.bin in the update clashes with the one in the hack, and for some reason editing the update's code.bin by hand has never worked properly (which is weird; it works with ORAS and the gen VII games). Might give it another try sometime, but for now the only workaround is to delete the code.ips file from the hack's files. Unfortunately this is where the edited shop and TM data is stored, so you'll lose those changes if you do so.

Milotic is one of your favorites as well? I see you have good taste as well! I can't wait to see what you do with the next Update to the Rom Hack, even if you don't give Milotic the Fairy Typing (Fingers Crossed). I don't think anyone here would mind if it took a while man, perfection takes time!
Thanks for your support! The next update will be adding all the interesting movepool additions from gen VIII into the game; I've got a list of changes to make, just need to sit down and make them some time.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 12, 2023
Thanks! I've got at least one more update planned for EXWY that isn't a bug fix.
Sound good. Can't wait to do another replay!

The update doesn't work with the hack because the code.bin in the update clashes with the one in the hack, and for some reason editing the update's code.bin by hand has never worked properly (which is weird; it works with ORAS and the gen VII games). Might give it another try sometime, but for now the only workaround is to delete the code.ips file from the hack's files. Unfortunately this is where the edited shop and TM data is stored, so you'll lose those changes if you do so.

Well... you actually provided good and clear comments, however I have tried this method and it failed. You can see here: EDIT: Can't posts images because of 5 post rule...

Steps I took:
1) Installed the original v1.0 version (Was already installed)
2) Installed the .cia v.1.5 update
3) Removed the code.ips from the romfs folder and patched it via Lasagna. Lasagna works great though with multiple hacks, since FBI can only manage one TitleID game.
4) Game actually starts (did not before when code.ips was present) > show Wilting Y logo (no version 1.5) at the bottom)
5) Load save game / created new save (does not matter) > Game crashes.

Second question: I see a ExtractedExeFS in the Wilting Y 2.63\Game Files folder. What does it do and is it needed?

Last edited:
Back