• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Eternal X & Wilting Y [Version 2.67 Released]

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Well... you actually provided good and clear comments, however I have tried this method and it failed. You can see here: EDIT: Can't posts images because of 5 post rule...

Steps I took:
1) Installed the original v1.0 version (Was already installed)
2) Installed the .cia v.1.5 update
3) Removed the code.ips from the romfs folder and patched it via Lasagna. Lasagna works great though with multiple hacks, since FBI can only manage one TitleID game.
4) Game actually starts (did not before when code.ips was present) > show Wilting Y logo (no version 1.5) at the bottom)
5) Load save game / created new save (does not matter) > Game crashes.

Second question: I see a ExtractedExeFS in the Wilting Y 2.63\Game Files folder. What does it do and is it needed?
You might also need to delete DllField.cro from the romfs folder; IIRC there's also a copy of that in the update. It's been a while since I've done anything with the update, but I'm pretty sure there's nothing else that needs to be removed.

The ExtractedExeFS folder is leftover from when 3DS hacks were played using hans or via cia files; the files in there give the hack a custom icon if they're used, but they won't do anything with luma.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 7, 2020
after deleting the DllField.cro and the code.ips it worked for me, any date we can expect the next update?

EDIT: after playing a bit into the game many national dex pokemon are appearing, and the cutscene in the beginning in rout 3 is noticeably slower than normal (I am playing the game on a new 2DS XL so I can't really tell how it plays for all 3ds models) as well as when I try to purchase cosmetic items

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
after deleting the DllField.cro and the code.ips it worked for me, any date we can expect the next update?

EDIT: after playing a bit into the game many national dex pokemon are appearing, and the cutscene in the beginning in rout 3 is noticeably slower than normal (I am playing the game on a new 2DS XL so I can't really tell how it plays for all 3ds models) as well as when I try to purchase cosmetic items

The next update will be some time in July at the earliest (probably later); I'm currently working on an Emerald hack using the decomp, and I'd like to get an initial version of it finished before working on EXWY again.

Is the slowdown with or without the title update? Thought I noticed slowdown in the clothing stores without it, but there's nothing I can do about it either way. The hack doesn't touch anything performance related, it basically just swaps some numbers around and expands the trainer data.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 7, 2020
The next update will be some time in July at the earliest (probably later); I'm currently working on an Emerald hack using the decomp, and I'd like to get an initial version of it finished before working on EXWY again.

Is the slowdown with or without the title update? Thought I noticed slowdown in the clothing stores without it, but there's nothing I can do about it either way. The hack doesn't touch anything performance related, it basically just swaps some numbers around and expands the trainer data.

it was with the title updates (also the "New 3DS CPU" option was off, I'll check what option is best with the hack). the "clock" option helps a lot with slowdown in clothing shops, while "L2" seemed to do nothing the "clock+L2" option seemed to work the best.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Apr 29, 2024

Will that Emerald hack feature Gen 8 Pokemon?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 7, 2022
Probably not in the first version, but I'll likely add them in once good sprites are available for all of them. Right now it includes everything from gen 1-7.

Cool, but I'm wondering, is the region in your romhack is Hoenn like in LCCoolJ95's Theta Emerarld Renev, or your own region like in Spherical Ice's Gaia?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 21, 2020
In Pokemon Wilting y I have a Pumpkaboo. In the documentation it says that it will evolve by using a dusk stone. However, I'm unable to use it on Pumpkaboo and I'm not sure how I'd need to evolve it.
Can anyone help me with this?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Cool, but I'm wondering, is the region in your romhack is Hoenn like in LCCoolJ95's Theta Emerarld Renev, or your own region like in Spherical Ice's Gaia?
It's in Hoenn, but with a few extra locations thrown in so that there's room for all the Pokemon with reasonable encounter rates.
In Pokemon Wilting y I have a Pumpkaboo. In the documentation it says that it will evolve by using a dusk stone. However, I'm unable to use it on Pumpkaboo and I'm not sure how I'd need to evolve it.
Can anyone help me with this?
I think that might be a bug; pk3DS only allows editing evolution data for one Pumpkaboo form, so I'd guess the others haven't changed. Was hoping it would just edit all of them anyway, but I guess not. Will get a fix up for that now.

EDIT: Fix is uploading now, thanks for reporting this! I've also added Fairy type and some Fairy moves to Milotic, as requested (rebalanced versions only of course).

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 7, 2022
It's in Hoenn, but with a few extra locations thrown in so that there's room for all the Pokemon with reasonable encounter rates.

That's good news.
Well I have an idea, would you make patches about pokemon starters (of each generation) as optional features in your Emerald Hack? For example: if we want Sinnoh starters instead of Hoenn starters, we'll patch with the "Sinnoh starters patch" so we can begin in your romhack with either Turtwig, Chimchar, or Piplup, and the same for other generations (I, II, V, VI, VII, VIII), and you could also create an original Hoenn starters patch for those who want to go back to play with one of these (Hoenn starters). (I found this idea of optional feature from Dearman4's Pokemon Emerald Final)
But it's up to you, it's your Romhack. (Sorry my english)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 21, 2020
Thank you so much. I didn't even know if you still to this page. It's an amazing game btw. Just one last quick question: Is there a way to update the game without losing my save file? Otherwise I can't really do anything with the new changes. Also thanks for the fairy type Milotic. I'm doing a nuzlocke and actually have a Milotic on the team, but i pretty much already thought it would be fairy. So thank you👍

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
That's good news.
Well I have an idea, would you make patches about pokemon starters (of each generation) as optional features in your Emerald Hack? For example: if we want Sinnoh starters instead of Hoenn starters, we'll patch with the "Sinnoh starters patch" so we can begin in your romhack with either Turtwig, Chimchar, or Piplup, and the same for other generations (I, II, V, VI, VII, VIII), and you could also create an original Hoenn starters patch for those who want to go back to play with one of these (Hoenn starters). (I found this idea of optional feature from Dearman4's Pokemon Emerald Final)
But it's up to you, it's your Romhack. (Sorry my english)
That's something I've been considering building into the hack (no need for extra patches); you'd be able to choose from any set of starters right at the start of the game. Just need to come up with a clean way to do it.

Thank you so much. I didn't even know if you still to this page. It's an amazing game btw. Just one last quick question: Is there a way to update the game without losing my save file? Otherwise I can't really do anything with the new changes. Also thanks for the fairy type Milotic. I'm doing a nuzlocke and actually have a Milotic on the team, but i pretty much already thought it would be fairy. So thank you👍
You're welcome, and thanks! Yeah, your old save file will still work with the newer version; you just install the hack again (either overwrite the old files with the new ones, or delete the old ones first and then reinstall) and keep playing.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 31, 2020
Hello everyone ! I'm new on this site :p I actually use Citra for playing pokémon X but i want to play it with insanity mode (your hack Buffel Saft) and i try to put it on my version but it don't work. Can you help me ?
I'm trying with your document who explain how to do it but it doesn't work. When i right click on my game there is no "update data location" so i don't know how to fix this situation. My version is 2.63.
Thanks for answering.
Bye

PS : The title of the version change with your hack ?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hello everyone ! I'm new on this site :p I actually use Citra for playing pokémon X but i want to play it with insanity mode (your hack Buffel Saft) and i try to put it on my version but it don't work. Can you help me ?
I'm trying with your document who explain how to do it but it doesn't work. When i right click on my game there is no "update data location" so i don't know how to fix this situation. My version is 2.63.
Thanks for answering.
Bye

PS : The title of the version change with your hack ?
Hey, if there's no "update data location" when you right click the game, that means you don't have the update installed and can go to the next step (I should've put that in the guide). Is that the only thing that isn't working so far?

The title screen will change if the language is set to English, but the hack doesn't have edited title screens for the other languages it can be played in.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 31, 2020
Then i just need to launch the game after copying the hack in "mods location" and that's all ?
And the difficulty happen at the first gym that's right ?
Thank you.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Then i just need to launch the game after copying the hack in "mods location" and that's all ?
And the difficulty happen at the first gym that's right ?
Thank you.
Yep that's all! And that's right, the first gym is the first battle that's supposed to be difficult.

You're welcome, hope you have fun with the hack!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 31, 2020
I think i will enjoy ^^
Is that normal the first pokémon in bush is Torchic with his evolution's mega stone ? (I play in insanity legal mod)
That's my last question.
Thx again.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
I think i will enjoy ^^
Is that normal the first pokémon in bush is Torchic with his evolution's mega stone ? (I play in insanity legal mod)
That's my last question.
Thx again.
Yeah that's normal, the first encounter is always that Torchic in the hack. There was an event similar to it when XY was released, so I thought it'd be nice to include it somehow.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 5, 2023
I still need to actually get around to finishing my current PM Nuzlocke, got very sidetracked when Animal Crossing was released, but since I'm wanting to do more of a pleasure run of EX after I do finish, I was wondering, do you have movesets updated to SWSH and Home in EXWY at this point? If not do you have an ETA for that update?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
I still need to actually get around to finishing my current PM Nuzlocke, got very sidetracked when Animal Crossing was released, but since I'm wanting to do more of a pleasure run of EX after I do finish, I was wondering, do you have movesets updated to SWSH and Home in EXWY at this point? If not do you have an ETA for that update?

Good luck with your Nuzlocke! I hear PM can be a pretty nasty run. EXWY doesn't have gen 8 movesets yet; they'll be done in July at the earliest, as I want to get version one of my Emerald hack done first.

Back