• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Eternal X & Wilting Y [Version 2.67 Released]

Years
  • Seen yesterday
Was it showing up that way in pkhex? Shouldn't be an issue in game, but pkhex can't read base stats from your save file, so it won't recognize the hack's changes.

Hi James! Yeah that sounds like a good idea. I could at least spread them out a bit, and it's not like putting Regirock in the badlands or Articuno in Azure bay would break the game. Will add that to the list of things to do for version 3.0.

Good to hear that! I really think the Hack will benefit from having the legenadries spreaded through the game, and I share the same experience from Tizzz about "Legendary Hordes", they aren't fun and very bizarre TBH. I'd love a Hoopa method but the "1% + x+2 levels + repel" method it's very good too. I'll eager wait for that sweet 3.0 version, meanwhile I'm in ORAS and USUM filling the dex and other stuff. Thanks as always for your dedication, I'm playing Eternal and Prismatic for about almost 300 hours since I bought my 2ds, and loved every bit, so thanks for that :D

Years
  • Age 42
  • Seen Apr 19, 2023
Hello, man! Great job here!
I have a question:
Can I finish vanilla XY (without your hack) and, after it is finished, install the hack to be able to catch the rest of the pokémon?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hello, man! Great job here!
I have a question:
Can I finish vanilla XY (without your hack) and, after it is finished, install the hack to be able to catch the rest of the pokémon?
Thanks, yeah that will work. You'll need to delete any updates you might have installed from the e-shop though as EXWy doesn't work with them.

Years
Hey, I decided to try this out since I wasn't feeling Prismatic Moon's changes, and this looks more up my alley (also I wanted to replay XY)
I'm going to use the same 1 rule of "Only catch the first pokemon you encounter. If you fail, tough" you find in nuzlockes, as well as dupes/species/shiny clause but no deaths rule.
Any tips or advice you could give beforehand? Looking forward to playing it!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hey, I decided to try this out since I wasn't feeling Prismatic Moon's changes, and this looks more up my alley (also I wanted to replay XY)
I'm going to use the same 1 rule of "Only catch the first pokemon you encounter. If you fail, tough" you find in nuzlockes, as well as dupes/species/shiny clause but no deaths rule.
Any tips or advice you could give beforehand? Looking forward to playing it!
I'd suggest reading the tips section in the OP, that covers everything I'd want to say. Other than that all I've got is have fun!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 17, 2021
Thanks for your Citra guide! Really helped, looking forward to getting started with the rebalanced version!

Years
I've reached Glittering Cave and I'm loving it! So far the team is Frogadier, Combusken, Snorlax, Blitzle (Modest...), Kirlia and Turtwig using that rule I mentioned. I just have 2 questions:

1) Is Cut meant to be that OP so early on? 75 Base Power move (crits doing x1.5 dmg) which bypasses your negative attack change, the opponent's defensive positive stat changes, and screens. Perhaps making it 40 base power but always crits, or like Drayano, make it 60 BP, 100% accuracy, grass type, high crit ratio like Razor Leaf, Night Slash, etc.

2) Has the EXP dropped by wild and trainer pokemon been lowered? I feel new members on the team like my Lvl 17 Snorlax or Turtwig who I caught both on Route 7, can barely keep up with Frogadier or Combusken - both Lvl 27. I defeated a Lunatone with leading with Kirlia and switching to Frogadier, and got around 230 EXP which seems incredibly low. I'm pretty sure EXP this gen doesn't split unlike previous generations. (I've kept the EXP Share on at all times by the way)

EDIT: I've got another question:
3) I had a look at the important trainers, and they look... impossible. Well, not quite, but incredibly difficult and I'm guessing EV trained as well. I'm at Glittering Cave and I've already had 3-4 occasions where I've had to spam 20-30 potions or super potions to win (Viola and the double Team Flare battle in the cave) though I've been fairly underleveled the whole way through. Do you have any tips/advice regarding these upcoming battles? Such as teambuilding, making the pokemon more viable/on par with the gym leaders when I face them or general grinding? Thanks in advance!

By the way, I decided to change the team to Frogadier, Combusken, Snorlax, Ivysaur, Spoink and Amaura, so having to try and strategize in advance is pretty interesting (though I want to go in mostly blind, so I only saw Wulfric, Viola and a bit of Diantha.) I'll probably be swapping pokemon from the team many many many times as I catch more pokemon and make different decisions, leaving some pokemon incredibly high leveled compared with everyone else.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 23, 2023
I have two problems with Eternal X

1 - Version 1.0 : The game runs normally, all wild list are same with documentation, but my itens in bag crashes the game after select one of then
2 - Version 1.5 (Update) The game runs normally, but wild list are different of my documentation (Lower level wild pokés, and minor changes in wild list), my bag itens work fine

How to fix that ? What version (Updated or not) i have to use in game ?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
I've reached Glittering Cave and I'm loving it! So far the team is Frogadier, Combusken, Snorlax, Blitzle (Modest...), Kirlia and Turtwig using that rule I mentioned. I just have 2 questions:

1) Is Cut meant to be that OP so early on? 75 Base Power move (crits doing x1.5 dmg) which bypasses your negative attack change, the opponent's defensive positive stat changes, and screens. Perhaps making it 40 base power but always crits, or like Drayano, make it 60 BP, 100% accuracy, grass type, high crit ratio like Razor Leaf, Night Slash, etc.

2) Has the EXP dropped by wild and trainer pokemon been lowered? I feel new members on the team like my Lvl 17 Snorlax or Turtwig who I caught both on Route 7, can barely keep up with Frogadier or Combusken - both Lvl 27. I defeated a Lunatone with leading with Kirlia and switching to Frogadier, and got around 230 EXP which seems incredibly low. I'm pretty sure EXP this gen doesn't split unlike previous generations. (I've kept the EXP Share on at all times by the way)

EDIT: I've got another question:
3) I had a look at the important trainers, and they look... impossible. Well, not quite, but incredibly difficult and I'm guessing EV trained as well. I'm at Glittering Cave and I've already had 3-4 occasions where I've had to spam 20-30 potions or super potions to win (Viola and the double Team Flare battle in the cave) though I've been fairly underleveled the whole way through. Do you have any tips/advice regarding these upcoming battles? Such as teambuilding, making the pokemon more viable/on par with the gym leaders when I face them or general grinding? Thanks in advance!

By the way, I decided to change the team to Frogadier, Combusken, Snorlax, Ivysaur, Spoink and Amaura, so having to try and strategize in advance is pretty interesting (though I want to go in mostly blind, so I only saw Wulfric, Viola and a bit of Diantha.) I'll probably be swapping pokemon from the team many many many times as I catch more pokemon and make different decisions, leaving some pokemon incredibly high leveled compared with everyone else.
Glad you're enjoying it so far! To answer your questions:
1) Yeah, Cut was meant to be that powerful early on. Cut trees show up far later in the game than they should, so I wanted to make sure it was still kinda useful later on. Considering you can also have the elemental punches, Return and the Swords Dance TM at that point it's not too far out of line compared to the other early options.

2) Yeah, all EXP gains have been halved to keep the level curve reasonable; the EXP share normally gives 250% bonus EXP to a full party, so that change stops the game from hitting level 100 and making all the trainers too easy. They can't have EVs in XY, so if they're the same level as the player there's a good chance their Pokemon will actually be weaker. Even with the reduced EXP, you still get more than you would with the EXP share off and EXP gains at 100%.

If you're feeling underlevelled, the restaurants in Lumiose City are full of Audino, Chansey and Blissey, and they pay out more money than you spend there, so they're the best place to grind by far. As you're planning to swap out team members often, you'll probably need to do a bit of grinding to make up for the "lost" EXP.

3) Based on your team, buying some TMs would be a good idea, especially Swords Dance, Bulldoze and the elemental punches. Reflect for Spoink could also be useful as the next two gym leaders mostly use physical attackers. Training something that evolves early helps a lot too, at least until your starters evolve.

I have two problems with Eternal X

1 - Version 1.0 : The game runs normally, all wild list are same with documentation, but my itens in bag crashes the game after select one of then
2 - Version 1.5 (Update) The game runs normally, but wild list are different of my documentation (Lower level wild pokés, and minor changes in wild list), my bag itens work fine

How to fix that ? What version (Updated or not) i have to use in game ?
Hey, the hack should be used without the update. I need to ask you a few questions to try and figure out what the problem is: does the crash happen with every item in the bag, or just a specific one? Which version of Eternal X are you playing (e.g. rebalanced or legal)? And are you playing on Citra or a 3DS?

Years
Glad you're enjoying it so far! To answer your questions:
1) Yeah, Cut was meant to be that powerful early on. Cut trees show up far later in the game than they should, so I wanted to make sure it was still kinda useful later on. Considering you can also have the elemental punches, Return and the Swords Dance TM at that point it's not too far out of line compared to the other early options.

2) Yeah, all EXP gains have been halved to keep the level curve reasonable; the EXP share normally gives 250% bonus EXP to a full party, so that change stops the game from hitting level 100 and making all the trainers too easy. They can't have EVs in XY, so if they're the same level as the player there's a good chance their Pokemon will actually be weaker. Even with the reduced EXP, you still get more than you would with the EXP share off and EXP gains at 100%.

If you're feeling underlevelled, the restaurants in Lumiose City are full of Audino, Chansey and Blissey, and they pay out more money than you spend there, so they're the best place to grind by far. As you're planning to swap out team members often, you'll probably need to do a bit of grinding to make up for the "lost" EXP.

3) Based on your team, buying some TMs would be a good idea, especially Swords Dance, Bulldoze and the elemental punches. Reflect for Spoink could also be useful as the next two gym leaders mostly use physical attackers. Training something that evolves early helps a lot too, at least until your starters evolve.

Thank you for the tips! Yeah, I thought so with the EXP. The team's levels are all over the place at the moment and I haven't unlocked the ability to battle in restaurants yet. The fact that they aren't EV trained unlike PSPM is a massive weight off my shoulder, I just need to be a bit higher levelled than their ace for the earlier gyms, and around their levels or slightly under should do for later. At the moment I'm farming money in the Chateau, so I should have enough for SD, Ice + Thunder Punch, and Bulldoze. I've given Fire Punch to Snorlax, Cut to Frogadier and Ivysaur, and Reflect to Spoink which should help out massively. Looking forward (and absolutely terrified) to progress more and explore this hack further!

Years
  • Seen Jan 23, 2023
Hey, the hack should be used without the update. I need to ask you a few questions to try and figure out what the problem is: does the crash happen with every item in the bag, or just a specific one? Which version of Eternal X are you playing (e.g. rebalanced or legal)? And are you playing on Citra or a 3DS?

1 : My crash happens with every item.
2 : My version of Eternal X are Rebalanced
3 : I'm playing in Citra.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Thank you for the tips! Yeah, I thought so with the EXP. The team's levels are all over the place at the moment and I haven't unlocked the ability to battle in restaurants yet. The fact that they aren't EV trained unlike PSPM is a massive weight off my shoulder, I just need to be a bit higher levelled than their ace for the earlier gyms, and around their levels or slightly under should do for later. At the moment I'm farming money in the Chateau, so I should have enough for SD, Ice + Thunder Punch, and Bulldoze. I've given Fire Punch to Snorlax, Cut to Frogadier and Ivysaur, and Reflect to Spoink which should help out massively. Looking forward (and absolutely terrified) to progress more and explore this hack further!
I'm pretty sure you can access restaurant Le Nah (the worst one) as soon as you get to Lumiose City; it's in the outer circle so it's not blocked off early on. Hope you have fun with the rest of the hack!
1 : My crash happens with every item.
2 : My version of Eternal X are Rebalanced
3 : I'm playing in Citra.
I've just tested the bag with the Rebalanced version files from the hack's google drive and couldn't replicate the issue. Is the ROM/.cia you're applying the hack to a clean copy of Pokemon X? Does the bag wok without the hack and without the update?

Years
  • Seen Jan 23, 2023
I've just tested the bag with the Rebalanced version files from the hack's google drive and couldn't replicate the issue. Is the ROM/.cia you're applying the hack to a clean copy of Pokemon X? Does the bag wok without the hack and without the update?

Ty for helping, but i've solved my problem, the problem occurs because after than remove the update, i didn't removed the cheats codes to view IV/EV, that version of the game dosn't support the cheat

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Ty for helping, but i've solved my problem, the problem occurs because after than remove the update, i didn't removed the cheats codes to view IV/EV, that version of the game dosn't support the cheat
No problem! That would explain it, thanks for letting me know what the problem was.

Years
  • Seen yesterday
Hi Buffel hope you're doing great! I've twi qiestions:

1- I couldnt find any audio/blissey restaurant in Luminose. I visited each one, and all they have the usual pokemons (which is nice and funny but I'd love to try the experience boost thing)
I tested double battles everywhere. What I'm missing?

2- Any news about that 3.0 version? I'm really looking for a rework on legendaries because it's one of the last things I've untouched on eternal X hahaha 😅 (but please don't get me wrong and feel pressured to do it, just asking if there are any news)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hi Buffel hope you're doing great! I've twi qiestions:

1- I couldnt find any audio/blissey restaurant in Luminose. I visited each one, and all they have the usual pokemons (which is nice and funny but I'd love to try the experience boost thing)
I tested double battles everywhere. What I'm missing?

2- Any news about that 3.0 version? I'm really looking for a rework on legendaries because it's one of the last things I've untouched on eternal X hahaha 😅 (but please don't get me wrong and feel pressured to do it, just asking if there are any news)

Hey James, I'm doing fine, hope all's well with you too!
1. Are you using the Viola nerf files by any chance? I think I've been a bit slack with updating those, so they might be so outdated they don't have the edited restaurants. I'll fix that as soon as I can.
2. I'll be working on 3.0 after the initial version of my Emerald hack is done; haven't made any progress on it yet. Emerald's going a little slower than I'd like so it'll be a while away.

Years
  • Seen yesterday
Hey James, I'm doing fine, hope all's well with you too!
1. Are you using the Viola nerf files by any chance? I think I've been a bit slack with updating those, so they might be so outdated they don't have the edited restaurants. I'll fix that as soon as I can.
2. I'll be working on 3.0 after the initial version of my Emerald hack is done; haven't made any progress on it yet. Emerald's going a little slower than I'd like so it'll be a while away.

1- Nop, I made it without any nerf files. But maybe I'm looking in the wrong place!

2- Good to hear that! What is your plan with Emerald btw? With your previous work I'm very interested in that project

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
1- Nop, I made it without any nerf files. But maybe I'm looking in the wrong place!

2- Good to hear that! What is your plan with Emerald btw? With your previous work I'm very interested in that project

Which version of the hack were you playing? The post game restaurants (Sushi High Roller and Le Wow) are still very similar to the base game, but Le Nah and Le Yeah should be full of Audino and Chansey/Blissey. If they're not I'll need to fix that.

Emerald's going to be heavily modified; here's a quick overview of what I've got planned for it:
  • The usual two versions (rebalanced and standard)
  • All Pokemon from gen 1-7 available, with gen 8 being added later
  • All new moves, items and abilities from newer games, and possibly some entirely new ones in the rebalanced version
  • 100 TMs and 128 move tutors. TMs are reusable (of course). Move tutors are found in every Pokemon center, are free and use a badge-based unlock system, kinda like marts do
  • Three difficulty settings built into the game (normal, hard and insanity)
  • A few new maps so Routes don't feel too crowded
  • Lots of QoL changes: auto run (hold B to walk instead), a Sword and Shield style move deleter, move reminder and name rater in every Pokemon Center, berry trees never die, bigger bag pockets, etc.
  • NPCs that can change IVs, EVs and natures, so any Pokemon you find in the wild can eventually be ready for the Frontier
There's more than that of course, but those are most of the major features.

Years
  • Seen yesterday
Which version of the hack were you playing? The post game restaurants (Sushi High Roller and Le Wow) are still very similar to the base game, but Le Nah and Le Yeah should be full of Audino and Chansey/Blissey. If they're not I'll need to fix that.

Emerald's going to be heavily modified; here's a quick overview of what I've got planned for it:
  • The usual two versions (rebalanced and standard)
  • All Pokemon from gen 1-7 available, with gen 8 being added later
  • All new moves, items and abilities from newer games, and possibly some entirely new ones in the rebalanced version
  • 100 TMs and 128 move tutors. TMs are reusable (of course). Move tutors are found in every Pokemon center, are free and use a badge-based unlock system, kinda like marts do
  • Three difficulty settings built into the game (normal, hard and insanity)
  • A few new maps so Routes don't feel too crowded
  • Lots of QoL changes: auto run (hold B to walk instead), a Sword and Shield style move deleter, move reminder and name rater in every Pokemon Center, berry trees never die, bigger bag pockets, etc.
  • NPCs that can change IVs, EVs and natures, so any Pokemon you find in the wild can eventually be ready for the Frontier
There's more than that of course, but those are most of the major features.

First, I tried 2.65 version, went to Sushi and Le Wow, tried Double and Triple Battles, and everything is the same as always. Which again, I like to battle another pokemons besides Blisseys and Audinos, but...the feature isn't there. Maybe you should put on Rotation Battles for example? But I'm pretty sure Sushi and Wow don't have Blisseys.

And second, that Emerald proyect sounds pretty good tbh! I'm looking a version between what you would want to do with ORAS, but with the freedom you can have in 3rd gen maybe? I'll look into that when it's proper released.

And btw, just curious, Battle Frontier will be revisited before the release? To include moves and/or new pokemons?

Back