• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Eternal X & Wilting Y [Version 2.67 Released]

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hello, I am currently playing and enjoying the online version of Wilting Y but noticed an issue. So far I have encountered both Swirlix and Zangoose, which are supposed to be X version exclusives (the Zangoose encounter was not in a horde with Seviper). I do not remember which release this is, but looking through the changelog it doesn't appear to have been addressed since its initial creation. I apologize if this is a repeat question, I haven't looked through all the other replies.
    Hey, thanks for reporting this. Thought I'd fixed that issue, but it looks like I made the changes and never uploaded them. I've just uploaded a fix now, so you can delete the hack, redownload and reinstall it to get Y's exclusives back. Alternatively, you can go to luma\titles\0004000000055E00\romfs\a\0 on your SD card and delete the folder there named "1". Sorry for the inconvenience!

And don't worry about duplicate questions, the thread's far too long to read the whole thing before asking!

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2024
    I get that the mod doesn't work with updates, but is there a way to make mod based fix to the lumiose save glitch?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I get that the mod doesn't work with updates, but is there a way to make mod based fix to the lumiose save glitch?
    That depends on where that fix is in the update. It won't work if it's in the code.bin, but IIRC all the other files can be added to the hack without issues. You can essentially merge the hack into the update and then create a luma folder that contains both.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2024
    I'm sorry my first question was pretty stupid thinking on it. Though if me and a friend both have Wilting Y or Eternal X are we able to play local multiplayer? I know local should bypass the update need and shouldn't have the online check issue but I don't know if it will work.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I'm sorry my first question was pretty stupid thinking on it. Though if me and a friend both have Wilting Y or Eternal X are we able to play local multiplayer? I know local should bypass the update need and shouldn't have the online check issue but I don't know if it will work.
    Yeah local multiplayer should work fine as long as you're both playing the same version of the hack (i.e. rebalanced or legal).

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2020
    Hey there, I created an account just to say I have just finished the legal insanity version, it was very good and it reminded me of blaze black 2, especially with the weather teams at the end. the 2nd gym (rock) was very challenging and the elite four as well, but it was by no means unfair (my team was charizard-togetic-lucario-steelix-greninja-gengar). I'm going to play photonic sun next, I'm downloading it now and I noticed there is no insanity mode, was it replaced by standard mode?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hey there, I created an account just to say I have just finished the legal insanity version, it was very good and it reminded me of blaze black 2, especially with the weather teams at the end. the 2nd gym (rock) was very challenging and the elite four as well, but it was by no means unfair (my team was charizard-togetic-lucario-steelix-greninja-gengar). I'm going to play photonic sun next, I'm downloading it now and I noticed there is no insanity mode, was it replaced by standard mode?
    Hey, happy to hear that! Blaze Black 2 definitely inspired EXWY, and I'm glad it didn't feel unfair. Photonic Sun doesn't have an insanity version because it's quite a bit harder than EXWY already, mostly because trainers can have custom IVs, EVs and natures, which makes them significantly stronger. I didn't think it would need an insanity mode on top of that, so hopefully the standard version will be challenging enough for you as is!

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2020
    Hey, happy to hear that! Blaze Black 2 definitely inspired EXWY, and I'm glad it didn't feel unfair. Photonic Sun doesn't have an insanity version because it's quite a bit harder than EXWY already, mostly because trainers can have custom IVs, EVs and natures, which makes them significantly stronger. I didn't think it would need an insanity mode on top of that, so hopefully the standard version will be challenging enough for you as is!
    Thanks for your reply and thank you for making pdf's with all the information needed, including very detailed installation instructions, everything was extremely helpful, I'll give you my feedback on photonic sun once I finish it

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Thanks for your reply and thank you for making pdf's with all the information needed, including very detailed installation instructions, everything was extremely helpful, I'll give you my feedback on photonic sun once I finish it
    You're welcome! Looking forward to seeing what you thought of it once you're done!

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2020
    hihi, one question, I play in Citra, how can I evolve and have a Gigalith?:( or just by exchange. Srry i'mniu

PD: GREAT GAME<3

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    hihi, one question, I play in Citra, how can I evolve and have a Gigalith?:( or just by exchange. Srry i'mniu

PD: GREAT GAME<3
    Hey, Boldore evolves into Gigalith when it's levelled up with high happiness. All the evolution changes are in the "Evolution Changes" document.
    And thanks, glad you like it!

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2020
    You're welcome! Looking forward to seeing what you thought of it once you're done!
    Sorry Buffel for posting in the wrong place, but just to let you know that I couldn't finish photonic sun, the game (ultra sun) is just unplayable... so many tutorials, cutscenes, road blocks, minigames, hand-holding... I can't take it anymore. I was enjoying your hack very much, and was finding it even harder than eternal X, but I just hate the main game.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Sorry Buffel for posting in the wrong place, but just to let you know that I couldn't finish photonic sun, the game (ultra sun) is just unplayable... so many tutorials, cutscenes, road blocks, minigames, hand-holding... I can't take it anymore. I was enjoying your hack very much, and was finding it even harder than eternal X, but I just hate the main game.
    Haha I don't blame you, the constant interruptions are ridiculous, and they never end. Would've removed them if I could!

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2022
    I've been playing this hack for a decent chunk now, and i want to get a certain set of pokemon for a sun team. But i can't find any sort of list that contains the location of every pokemon. Do you know where i could find one?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I've been playing this hack for a decent chunk now, and i want to get a certain set of pokemon for a sun team. But i can't find any sort of list that contains the location of every pokemon. Do you know where i could find one?
    Yep, see the "Wild Pokemon Locations" document that comes with the hack's files.

Years
    • Her/She
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    Well, I found an answer to one problem, Only to have a problem of my own that I don't see someone else having.

If "Open Mods Location" doesn't show up. Its because you have the wrong version of Citra installed. Its only on the Canary Version. Not the Nightly Version. Wasted a good two hours until I figured that out.

However. Now with it all perfectly set up. Everytime I try to open Pokemon Y. The game crashes. if I remove the Mod Files. the Game runs fine. I'm really not sure what causes this.

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2020
    Hi! I recently beat the elite 4 in eternal x and the first thing i thought was, "I want to play this again." And I am! I've got to play with pokemon that i never used in the main games, either due to rarity (milotic, meloetta) or because of poor stats (dunsparce, chatot). I don't remember the last time i had this much fun playing a pokemon game. It was such a bizarre moment when i realized that i had to actually pay attention to random trainer battles in order to not lose, instead of just mashing stabs. I'm currently on my second run, right after the 7th gym, grinding out EV reset berries so i can properly ev train my team, something i never felt the need to do ever before.

There are some issues here or there (pokemon rangers on rt 14 are missing dialogue, it's very laggy when i try to purchase clothes, etc) but again, this is the most fun I've had playing Pokemon in a looong time. Thanks for the work!

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Well, I found an answer to one problem, Only to have a problem of my own that I don't see someone else having.

If "Open Mods Location" doesn't show up. Its because you have the wrong version of Citra installed. Its only on the Canary Version. Not the Nightly Version. Wasted a good two hours until I figured that out.

However. Now with it all perfectly set up. Everytime I try to open Pokemon Y. The game crashes. if I remove the Mod Files. the Game runs fine. I'm really not sure what causes this.
    The mods folder is supposed to be there in the Nightly version too; I just installed nightly to check and it was there for me. It might not be there if you'd never run the game without mods, as Citra wouldn't have created any folders for it in that case. Which version of the mod are you playing, and what's in your mods folder for Y? Hopefully I can help you get this working but I'll need a little bit more information.

Hi! I recently beat the elite 4 in eternal x and the first thing i thought was, "I want to play this again." And I am! I've got to play with pokemon that i never used in the main games, either due to rarity (milotic, meloetta) or because of poor stats (dunsparce, chatot). I don't remember the last time i had this much fun playing a pokemon game. It was such a bizarre moment when i realized that i had to actually pay attention to random trainer battles in order to not lose, instead of just mashing stabs. I'm currently on my second run, right after the 7th gym, grinding out EV reset berries so i can properly ev train my team, something i never felt the need to do ever before.

There are some issues here or there (pokemon rangers on rt 14 are missing dialogue, it's very laggy when i try to purchase clothes, etc) but again, this is the most fun I've had playing Pokemon in a looong time. Thanks for the work!
    Hey, thanks for taking the time to leave feedback! Always good to hear the random trainers are putting up a fight.

Yeah I'm aware of the issue with the rangers; fixing it is going to require redoing all the text edits, so it'll be part of a future update (fortunately it's not game-breaking). I think the shop lag is something to do with not having the title update installed, so hopefully that'll work with the hack one day!

Back