• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Eternal X & Wilting Y [Version 2.67 Released]

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Once I've finished v1 of my Emerald hack I'll go through the 3DS ones and make sure the Pokemon changes are consistent between them.

So any news about Buffel Emerald v1? Are you still doing it? Hope you're doing great!

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    So any news about Buffel Emerald v1? Are you still doing it? Hope you're doing great!

Yep, still working on it! I just finished testing Lavaridge Gym last night (took me three attempts to beat Flannery so I'm happy with the difficulty; her team hurts). I'm currently working on fixing some sprite errors in Dizzy's Pokemon Expansion, then I'll be back to editing trainers and item locations.
    It'd be further along but I got a bit sidetracked adding a couple of new areas around Mt. Chimney:
    Spoiler:

Still no release date, but I've got lots of free time this week so most of it will be spent on Emerald. Hope all's well with you too!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Looks absolutely fantastic, doing a clear improvement and keeping the essence it's very rare in the Emerald scene. Are you doing the same thing for other locations too?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Looks absolutely fantastic, doing a clear improvement and keeping the essence it's very rare in the Emerald scene. Are you doing the same thing for other locations too?
    Thanks! Yeah, there are a few new locations scattered around to spread out the wild Pokemon a bit. So far there's a new cave north of Rustboro (which conveniently has a frozen basement so you can get Ice types earlier), two extra areas in Petalburg Woods, and that map above is connected to Jagged Pass via another new cave.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Thanks! Yeah, there are a few new locations scattered around to spread out the wild Pokemon a bit. So far there's a new cave north of Rustboro (which conveniently has a frozen basement so you can get Ice types earlier), two extra areas in Petalburg Woods, and that map above is connected to Jagged Pass via another new cave.

Sounds fantastic! I'll hope to play it soon (but don't rush it please, take your time, you know what you do with hacks haha), and good luck with your project!!

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2020
    Hello! I have a question, because while I was reading the tutorial for installing the mod, my game doesn't have an "Open Update Data LOcation" Option on my POkemon X Rom, does that mean the MOd will automatically work?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hello! I have a question, because while I was reading the tutorial for installing the mod, my game doesn't have an "Open Update Data LOcation" Option on my POkemon X Rom, does that mean the MOd will automatically work?
    Hey! Yup as long as there's no update installed the mod will work. If there's no update data folder you definitely don't have the update installed.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2024
    Hey I installed the online version a couple of days back, but I haven't been able to wonder trade or trade with passerby. The GTS works fine though and pokebank worked when I withdrew a Pokémon.

And in the future if I wanted to revert the game to the original version, does the save becomes corrupted or it will work fine but without the changes?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hey I installed the online version a couple of days back, but I haven't been able to wonder trade or trade with passerby. The GTS works fine though and pokebank worked when I withdrew a Pokémon.

And in the future if I wanted to revert the game to the original version, does the save becomes corrupted or it will work fine but without the changes?
    Hey, the wonder trade issue might be something to do with the way the online version's update was made; it's based on the 1.3 update rather than the 1.5 version, so maybe that somehow breaks wondertrade. Other people (MightyBirdy and buley) made most of it so I'm not too sure on the details.

Yeah, the hack doesn't touch save file structure so you can switch back to vanilla or another version with no issues.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2024
    Hey, the wonder trade issue might be something to do with the way the online version's update was made; it's based on the 1.3 update rather than the 1.5 version, so maybe that somehow breaks wondertrade. Other people (MightyBirdy and buley) made most of it so I'm not too sure on the details.

Yeah, the hack doesn't touch save file structure so you can switch back to vanilla or another version with no issues.

In that case, will there be a fix for this issue? Other than that the hack made the game fantastic and I am having fun with the upped challenge.
    It's just that I remember all the fun I used to have when a random passerby traded me something interesting (got a couple of event legendaries that way) or a quick trade back.

And if I want to uninstall and reinstall later (incase the trading issue wasn't fixed and I needed it for the dex) all I have to do is uninstall it the same way I removed the games update during installation, correct?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    In that case, will there be a fix for this issue? Other than that the hack made the game fantastic and I am having fun with the upped challenge.
    It's just that I remember all the fun I used to have when a random passerby traded me something interesting (got a couple of event legendaries that way) or a quick trade back.

And if I want to uninstall and reinstall later (incase the trading issue wasn't fixed and I needed it for the dex) all I have to do is uninstall it the same way I removed the games update during installation, correct?
    It's not something I can fix unfortunately, the 1.5 update just doesn't play nice with the hack. A few people have tried to get it working but no one's managed to make it work perfectly.

Yeah that's correct, you can just uninstall the hack's update, get the clean one and then do all your trading while it's installed. I can't remember if the other parts of the hack work with 1.5; if not you'll also need to delete the rest of the hack's files.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2024
    It's not something I can fix unfortunately, the 1.5 update just doesn't play nice with the hack. A few people have tried to get it working but no one's managed to make it work perfectly.

Yeah that's correct, you can just uninstall the hack's update, get the clean one and then do all your trading while it's installed. I can't remember if the other parts of the hack work with 1.5; if not you'll also need to delete the rest of the hack's files.

Hey I just finished the game. Can't tell you how much fun I have had with the hack. The double, triple and rotation battles of elite 4 were quite challenging and gave me a couple of tries. And the rival, whenever I ran into him/her I would freak out. their team was amazing and always gave me a bad time. Probably my all time time favorite battle in any game was from this hack, the the double battle with the rival against the team flare admins at the Pokéball factory. Thank you for this hack.
    One last thing, I am running the hack on my X cartridge, was there a way to get the Mewtwonite Y?

Now, if you remember I needed some of the non-working online features so I removed the hack from the downloadable contents of the 3ds and download the latest update. Everything returned to the vanilla and I was finally able to wonder trade and trade with any passerby. However, The title screen still says eternal X and the eggs hatch super fast. These were the only things that remained of the hack. How can I remove the remaining hack files?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hey I just finished the game. Can't tell you how much fun I have had with the hack. The double, triple and rotation battles of elite 4 were quite challenging and gave me a couple of tries. And the rival, whenever I ran into him/her I would freak out. their team was amazing and always gave me a bad time. Probably my all time time favorite battle in any game was from this hack, the the double battle with the rival against the team flare admins at the Pokéball factory. Thank you for this hack.
    One last thing, I am running the hack on my X cartridge, was there a way to get the Mewtwonite Y?

Now, if you remember I needed some of the non-working online features so I removed the hack from the downloadable contents of the 3ds and download the latest update. Everything returned to the vanilla and I was finally able to wonder trade and trade with any passerby. However, The title screen still says eternal X and the eggs hatch super fast. These were the only things that remained of the hack. How can I remove the remaining hack files?
    Hey, thanks for taking the time to leave feedback! Happy to hear you had fun with the hack, and it's really good to hear the boss battles were a challenge!

The Mewtonite stone for the opposite version unfortunately isn't available; I ran out of places to put it. Will see if something can be done about that in future versions.

To uninstall the rest of the hack you can either disable it by turning off game patching in luma's menu, or go to luma/titles on your 3DS SD card and delete the folder named "0004000000055D00" to remove it completely.

Years
  • Hi,

have the other versions, beside the Insanity Mode, an increased difficulty too?

I'm looking for a challenging X/Y-Experience, but not to that degree, that it's going to be insane and unfair, as stated in the Insanity Mode.

Thanks

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hi,

have the other versions, beside the Insanity Mode, an increased difficulty too?

I'm looking for a challenging X/Y-Experience, but not to that degree, that it's going to be insane and unfair, as stated in the Insanity Mode.

Thanks
    Hi, yes the other versions have increased difficulty too, but they're not unfair like Insanity Mode is. If you've played Blaze Black/Volt White 2 their difficulty's similar to those hacks.
    Hello

Hack series can work to version 1.5?
    Hey, no it doesn't work with the updates unfortunately.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2021
    Really nice hack, thanks for your work!

I am playing legal insanity mode and currently trying to beat the Elite 4. Tough challenge, but definitely not unfair. Just the wright amount of difficulty for me.
    Even though I have to admit, there were some frustrating moments; like the double battle against team flare in the factory and later on in the bistro. I just wouldn't end, but I eventually got it.

One thing I noticed: when I go to the move reminder, my Kingdra is unable to learn the moves it should be able to relearn. No dragon pulse, but dragon rage instead. Got around it by disabling the hack, relearning the moves in regular mode and enabling the hack again, so it doesn't matter.

Anyway, really nice hack and the most fun I had with a Pokemon game in a long time. Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2020
    I never thought to ask this until now, but what exactly about the 1.5 update makes it so hard to mod?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Really nice hack, thanks for your work!

I am playing legal insanity mode and currently trying to beat the Elite 4. Tough challenge, but definitely not unfair. Just the wright amount of difficulty for me.
    Even though I have to admit, there were some frustrating moments; like the double battle against team flare in the factory and later on in the bistro. I just wouldn't end, but I eventually got it.

One thing I noticed: when I go to the move reminder, my Kingdra is unable to learn the moves it should be able to relearn. No dragon pulse, but dragon rage instead. Got around it by disabling the hack, relearning the moves in regular mode and enabling the hack again, so it doesn't matter.

Anyway, really nice hack and the most fun I had with a Pokemon game in a long time. Thanks!
    Hey thanks for leaving feedback, glad to hear you enjoyed the hack! Yeah the 12v12 battles can be pretty drawn out, especially if your rival isn't feeling helpful.
    Were you playing the latest version? Kingdra's learnset looks ok on my end, but I'd like to fix that if I can reproduce the issue.
    I never thought to ask this until now, but what exactly about the 1.5 update makes it so hard to mod?
    I wish I knew what the problem with it is; modding it is easy enough, but it seems to stop working if certain parts of it are changed (either the shops or TM lists IIRC). I've tried editing it using the same method I used for USUM's update, which should work, but it always causes a black screen or freeze on launch. It's been a while since I've done anything with it though, might be worth another try with newer tools.

Vagabond+

Dream Traveler
    Years
  • Hello, I am currently playing and enjoying the online version of Wilting Y but noticed an issue. So far I have encountered both Swirlix and Zangoose, which are supposed to be X version exclusives (the Zangoose encounter was not in a horde with Seviper). I do not remember which release this is, but looking through the changelog it doesn't appear to have been addressed since its initial creation. I apologize if this is a repeat question, I haven't looked through all the other replies.

Back