• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Eternal X & Wilting Y [Version 2.67 Released]

Days
  • Age 19
  • Seen Nov 21, 2023
Hi! I have a couple of questions:
How do i evolve Gligar? I thought its like all the other trade evolutions
And where do i get the Ampharosite? I cant find it anywhere
<3

Days
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Hi! I have a couple of questions:
How do i evolve Gligar? I thought its like all the other trade evolutions
And where do i get the Ampharosite? I cant find it anywhere
<3

Gligar evolves after level up while holding a Razor Fang that you can buy in Cormarine City Pokemart after you take the monorail thing. Ampharosite is given to you by a old man in the middle island of azure bay, just speak to him.

Days
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Hey, that's quite a big ask - it's not a trivial process, though it's basically "use pk3DS". Any recent-ish guide on using that should be fine, e.g.: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=398779.
A couple of tips: If you find anything that says to use '3DS hacking toolkit", ignore that and use DotNet 3DS Toolkit instead. The latter tool is much more reliable and a little newer - it should be available on Project Pokemon. Once you've made your edits, layeredFS is a better install method than building the entire ROM - it's much faster.

Hey, thanks! A little nudge in the right direction is already more than enough. I don't know enough to realize it was a big ask and I apologize. I tried using something called Universal Pokemon randomizer (UPR) and it sorta worked, I got to pick different starters but it just reverted back to fenekin/froakie/chespin on the first "tutorial" battle. The UPR produced a romfs folder and code.bin file. The romfs had a "a" folder together with three .cro files (DllIntro.cro, DllPoke3Select.cro and DllShinkaDemo.cro), I only pasted the .cro files so maybe that's why but I was worried pasting the "a" folder would replace the changes you made and I would just be playing Vanilla Pokemon X. So far, I just used PkHax to edit the Starter Pokemon into the one I wanted after selecting it.

Days
  • Age 19
  • Seen Nov 22, 2023
Hey! I'm really enjoying the rom so far! And all of the google drive documents have been a major help in figuring the game out! I'm having one small problem though. I've noticed that despite all Pokémon being catchable, a few of them don't seem to be listed in the wild Pokémon locations document. For instance, I'm not sure where to find magnemite, and I was hoping to get one early for my run.

Days
  • Age 19
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Hi new player just asking if the encounter on route 8 water is change cause i tried fishing there and im only getting either clauncher or skrelp and not luvdisc and i cant farm for heart scale. Or is there any place to find luvdisc?

Days
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Hi new player just asking if the encounter on route 8 water is change cause i tried fishing there and im only getting either clauncher or skrelp and not luvdisc and i cant farm for heart scale. Or is there any place to find luvdisc?

Hello, Luvdisc is found using old rod at ambrette town. Check the Wild Pokemon Locations.pdf for other pokemon; use find function to search for specific pokemon quicker.

Days
  • Seen Jan 10, 2024
Hey, i love this hack. Because it make pokemon x worth playing. But can i suggest something? Can you guys make goodra water dragon and heliolisk electric fire or electric dragon, because it would make sense. And can you add diancinite? Because i would love to use it because there is no other mega mons from kalos except diancie ( i really hate this situation)

Last edited:
Days
  • Seen yesterday
I have been loving this hack and playing it over and over now I'm doing a Normal type only run and so I got Lopunny on the team and wondered where I can pick up the Lopunnite Ive been searching all the docs forms and googling it and can't seem to find its location anywhere

Days
  • Seen Jan 10, 2024
I have been loving this hack and playing it over and over now I'm doing a Normal type only run and so I got Lopunny on the team and wondered where I can pick up the Lopunnite Ive been searching all the docs forms and googling it and can't seem to find its location anywhere
loppunite is introduced in ORAS not in XY, so mega stones that were introduced in ORAS are not in this games. I know it because i was searching for diancinite and i look up on bulbapedia, now i know why some mega stones are not in here

Days
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
Hey! Im pretty new in the citra games on Mac - have had other emulators. And I wanted to play Pokemon x like Drayano and found Pokemon Ancestral X first. But it's kinda annoying that the exp gain is less, so I found your mod respective External X. I tried to uninstall the previous mod and install yours. But somehow I couldn't start it. it appears only the normal introduction and when I want to start, there's a Save state from the previous - if I try to start it the screen went black and nothing happens anymore. I can't delete the save state trough pressing UP + B + X. If I try to delete that in citra -> save data folder, it says an error happened and I have to see the manual.

To make it short: idk. I tried many ways and im right before giving up, cause im too high and too less informed to know what to do to make that work. Gonna play the previous mod then. Somehow uninstalling everything (citra - download folders - mods - Pokemon game -> my uneducated try to erase all data, isn't working as well.

I would really like to play your mod, so I'd be glad about some help.

Soulmates

Hogwarts is my Home
Days
i just found out that Post-April, updating Pokemon games will not be an option. that means 3DS Pokemon ROM Hack players are being forced to make a choice: stick with ROM hacks, or stay with the normal games. just the FACT that i have to make that choice irritates me. it's not your fault, but i am wondering if it's possible to somehow make it so your XY and USUM hacks can use the update? that way i (and possibly others) don't have to choose.

rwbonesy

Dogulus Rift
Years
i just found out that Post-April, updating Pokemon games will not be an option. that means 3DS Pokemon ROM Hack players are being forced to make a choice: stick with ROM hacks, or stay with the normal games. just the FACT that i have to make that choice irritates me. it's not your fault, but i am wondering if it's possible to somehow make it so your XY and USUM hacks can use the update? that way i (and possibly others) don't have to choose.
you've been misinformed. the eshop is down and online play will be down but updates are still fine https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/63227/

Days
  • Seen Feb 29, 2024
I noticed that in your installation guide that there's no option to rebuild our own cia file to install the romhack onto our 3ds. I have my own cart with its own savefile and I don't want to switch between saves to play on both. Is it possible to dump our cart, patch it with the romhack and rebuild that into a cia file to install it as a separate entity than the cart? The reason I ask is that I did that with Rutile Ruby and I appreciated that option. If it's not possible, I apologize.

Days
  • Age 20
  • Seen Feb 27, 2024
Hello so ive just recently hacked my 3ds and I installed pokemon x through a rom download since i do not have a cart, ive followed the instructions that were provided and combined luma files and also enabled game patching through the luma config, but i still have vanilla pokemon y, ive also checked the first town and they are not selling cherish balls so im not sure what i am doing wrong

Days
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Hi, I'm curious of how the game changes the Ai the mega evolve and even have megas. Is it done in Pk3ds or a different editor system?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 10, 2024
Is there a way to play this alongside my eShop version of pokemon X rather than overwriting it on the DS? If there is a way to patch a .3ds rom file I can take it from there but I need a way to make a separate game so that I can swap between and not have save issues.
Edit: I can also make it work if I can get a way for editing the .cia file. I just need a method for either file type to be able to proceed.

Days
  • Seen Mar 5, 2024
Hi I'm wondering if this is a bug and if anyone could help me I just got charmander from the professor and it's holding an eviolite instead of a mega stone. Is there somewhere else to get mega stones?

Days
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Hello, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but i cant seem to get the install to work. I've downloaded the Usa X Rom and followed the guide in google drive but the title screen doesn't change nor does the first shop sell cherish balls. I'm attempting it on a 3ds hacked with lumas 11.17 and again nothing Ive found has been helpful. Would appreciate any help

Back