• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Eternal X & Wilting Y [Version 2.67 Released]

jiangzhengwenjzw

now working on katam
Years
  • Seen today
The other change in the code.bin is the new TM list. There are a few that are outside of shops so you could check those (e.g. Giga Drain).

Thanks! Yeah at some point her text broke. Not sure how exactly, the text is still in the files, it just doesn't display.

Thanks for all the info.

I also found another bug, or at least it's not obeying the document. In battle "Team Flare Boss Lysandre: Team Flare HQ", Mienshao doesn't look like holding focus sash.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Thanks for all the info.

I also found another bug, or at least it's not obeying the document. In battle "Team Flare Boss Lysandre: Team Flare HQ", Mienshao doesn't look like holding focus sash.
No problem! That's probably a mistake in the docs, I would've just copy-pasted things from other versions and missed a few changes here and there.

Days
  • Age 19
  • Seen Sep 8, 2023
Hey, have been loving the rom hack, and I am currently doing some work to collect data for a nuzlocke tracker, as they help me with keeping track of my run. why I am posting here is that in all documents across the internet, I can find no accurate documentation for any of the rival fights for any difficulty. This obviously makes collecting the data very difficult, so if anyone in the community has a solid data source for rival fights that would be greatly appreciated. If not it would be great if we could get an official document with the rival levels, Pokémon, moves, items, etc. Again love the rom hack, I will monitor this thread in the following day to see if anyone can help me out.

Hey Buffel Saft, just checking back in on this post I made a while back, and noticed you still may have not seen it. It would mean a lot to me if when you have some time, I could get an answer to it. If anyone has the data im looking for its probably you, so i would love to hear your feedback. Great hack btw, glad to see one of my fave generations getting some love.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hey Buffel Saft, just checking back in on this post I made a while back, and noticed you still may have not seen it. It would mean a lot to me if when you have some time, I could get an answer to it. If anyone has the data im looking for its probably you, so i would love to hear your feedback. Great hack btw, glad to see one of my fave generations getting some love.
Hey, I didn't document the rivals due to the sheer tedium involved. Every rival battle has six different teams (3 starters x 2 different rivals) and then there's the standard and rebalanced version of each, and on top of that, there's the insanity version of each of those too. There are just too many of them haha. I would suggest getting the data from pk3DS, but even that would be pretty tedious.

jiangzhengwenjzw

now working on katam
Years
  • Seen today
A few more inconsistency I found between the doc and in-game:
- Diantha's Lugia actually has toxic instead of ice beam
- AZ's Floette is level 90, not 88

And it's a bit weird to see AZ using floette since they are not supposed to reunite until the end of the battle?

Anyway, wonderful hack. It's the first time I experience gen 6 and your work definitely has added more to digest, especially in double and triple battles.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
A few more inconsistency I found between the doc and in-game:
- Diantha's Lugia actually has toxic instead of ice beam
- AZ's Floette is level 90, not 88

And it's a bit weird to see AZ using floette since they are not supposed to reunite until the end of the battle?

Anyway, wonderful hack. It's the first time I experience gen 6 and your work definitely has added more to digest, especially in double and triple battles.
Maybe I'll fix the docs one day (probably not though)!
Oh yeah, AZ's Floette makes no sense at all, but that's a feature of the insanity mode - it doesn't try to make the trainer parties make sense. He doesn't use it in the 'regular' difficulty (or at least he shouldn't, IIRC - it's been a while!)

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Oct 26, 2023
So I just wanted to ask this. I remember reading in the thread that you can use repels to make it easier to find the 1% mystical like Diance and Meloetta. Is that still true, and do I just need to pop any type of repel and just wait? I want to make sure I don't waste my time all for nothing.

Days
  • Age 18
  • Seen Oct 24, 2023
Hey, i have a lot of issue to use the rom hack on my 3ds and citra i followed all of the instruction in the pdf but im still stuck with the version pokemon Y i dont know what am i supposed to do can someone help me i really want to play this game .

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hey, i have a lot of issue to use the rom hack on my 3ds and citra i followed all of the instruction in the pdf but im still stuck with the version pokemon Y i dont know what am i supposed to do can someone help me i really want to play this game .
What issues exactly? Need to know what the problem is before I can try to solve it!

Days
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 30, 2023
Hello, I'm trying to figure out how gym leader AI works in this romhack. Currently using the 'rebalanced' version and during the 2nd gym fight, I had a Primape out against their Tirtouga. I was expecting Tirtouga to use Zen Headbutt but it used Rock Tomb instead.

Can anyone share some insight?

Days
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 2, 2023
So thr changed tms. This included Echoed Vouce. Im guessing that if 1 of the tms that was changed is a tm u wanna use...there is straight up no way to do so? Like if i wanna teach echoed voice im just outta luck. Am i correct in this regard?

Days
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 2, 2023
So I just wanted to ask this. I remember reading in the thread that you can use repels to make it easier to find the 1% mystical like Diance and Meloetta. Is that still true, and do I just need to pop any type of repel and just wait? I want to make sure I don't waste my time all for nothing.

Have a level 32 or 33 pokemon in ur lead slot and spam repwls as u run around the lowest level of reflection cave and diancie will EVENTUALLY appear. It took me around 30 minutes to do but i did get 1. Everything else is level 29 to 31 in that room. So u need ur lead to be level 32 or 33 and no higher. If u need an easy pokemon of that level. Azure bay has pokemon from level 31 to 33. I used frillish to encounter Diancie. I will ASSUME the aame for meloetta but i havent reach where it is yet i dont think.

Kittensz

Community Leech
Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Nov 5, 2023
I'm planning on using the rebalanced version with my friend to run some monotype playthroughs simultaneously. If we both run the rebalanced version of the romhack, would we be able to interact online with each other, or would we be limited to local play?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
I'm planning on using the rebalanced version with my friend to run some monotype playthroughs simultaneously. If we both run the rebalanced version of the romhack, would we be able to interact online with each other, or would we be limited to local play?
It'd probably work but you might be risking a ban doing it.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 8, 2023
Hi,
could you consider or would it even be possible to make these mods compatible with the 1.5 patch for the games?
It's pretty frustrating not being able to use any of the codes for them.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hi,
could you consider or would it even be possible to make these mods compatible with the 1.5 patch for the games?
It's pretty frustrating not being able to use any of the codes for them.
Hey, sadly I was not able to get this to work when I tried. That was a few years ago and it may be doable now with newer tools/layeredfs, but I'm no longer working on this hack, so I'm not likely to try any time soon.

Days
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Hello Buffel Saft! If I want to change the starters, how would I go about doing it? I was looking at you and Reagan's conversation and got interested. I would really appreciate it if you could walk me through how to do it and what I need. On a side note: it's amazing that you are still helping people out on a what I assume is a passion project that is 10 years old!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hello Buffel Saft! If I want to change the starters, how would I go about doing it? I was looking at you and Reagan's conversation and got interested. I would really appreciate it if you could walk me through how to do it and what I need. On a side note: it's amazing that you are still helping people out on a what I assume is a passion project that is 10 years old!
Hey, that's quite a big ask - it's not a trivial process, though it's basically "use pk3DS". Any recent-ish guide on using that should be fine, e.g.: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=398779.
A couple of tips: If you find anything that says to use '3DS hacking toolkit", ignore that and use DotNet 3DS Toolkit instead. The latter tool is much more reliable and a little newer - it should be available on Project Pokemon. Once you've made your edits, layeredFS is a better install method than building the entire ROM - it's much faster.

Days
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 3, 2024
Hey, i am really enjoying the online patch, but i cant trade via wondertrade or with friends, i just get an error message before being able to trade the mons, is it because i made a mistake or does trading just not work with this patch? And if i just cant trade with the patch, is it possible to delete the patch and keep my saved game to play vanilla again?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
Hey, i am really enjoying the online patch, but i cant trade via wondertrade or with friends, i just get an error message before being able to trade the mons, is it because i made a mistake or does trading just not work with this patch? And if i just cant trade with the patch, is it possible to delete the patch and keep my saved game to play vanilla again?

The answer to your latter question is yes. I've successfully uninstalled the patch by simply following the installation steps in reverse (removing folders rather than adding them). Saves don't seem to be affected. You can do whatever you need to do and reinstall the patch.

Don't know the answer to your former question.

Back