• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Eternal X & Wilting Y [Version 2.67 Released]

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2021
    No problem! Ah, that's not a human readable file, nothing I can do with that. What was the issue you were having? I can't see it in the last few pages, must've been quite a while ago!

After installing the mod (following the CFW 3DS guide included), the system crashes upon attempting to load the game. I know for sure that I've uninstalled the title updates, and all my software is up-to-date. I've tried both the legal edition and insanity legal edition, neither work. It gives me this error (ignore my dirty screens):
    Pokémon Eternal X & Wilting Y [Version 2.67 Released]

Even after removing the mod files it still crashes when loading the cartridge, so it might just be my system, but I can't find anything online on what might work to fix it.

Thank you for the quick response!

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    After installing the mod (following the CFW 3DS guide included), the system crashes upon attempting to load the game. I know for sure that I've uninstalled the title updates, and all my software is up-to-date. I've tried both the legal edition and insanity legal edition, neither work. It gives me this error (ignore my dirty screens):
    Pokémon Eternal X & Wilting Y [Version 2.67 Released]

Even after removing the mod files it still crashes when loading the cartridge, so it might just be my system, but I can't find anything online on what might work to fix it.

Thank you for the quick response!
    Yeah if it's crashing without the mod files it'll be either the system or the cartridge, though that's a CFW error screen so it's probably something to do with that. Does it crash if you turn off game patching in luma's settings?

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2021
    Yeah if it's crashing without the mod files it'll be either the system or the cartridge, though that's a CFW error screen so it's probably something to do with that. Does it crash if you turn off game patching in luma's settings?

Yep, unfortunately -- I know this no longer is relevant to the mod itself, but hopefully it's okay to ask for some troubleshooting help!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    IK its been forever since someone posted on this thread but would the lumiose glitch still apply to the save states? I don't save in-game

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2023
    I have been replaying this hack on Insanity and the game keeps crashing at the sycamore battle (on a real 3ds). What do I do? I was playing eternal x and then tried wilting y and it just keeps crashing.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I have been replying this hack on Insanity and the game keeps crashing at the sycamore battle (on a real 3ds). What do I do? I was playing eternal x and then tried wilting y and it just keeps crashing.
    Bring more Pokémon, it's a triple battle so you'll need at least three or it'll crash.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2023
    Oh. What i did is disable Enable Game Patching and it was fine. Thank you for telling me though!

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2022
    Is the Battle Chateau modified in any way in terms of level scaling and teams in the Insanity rebalanced version? Curious if the rematches with leaders/E4 there will be harder after beating the game for the first time

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Is the Battle Chateau modified in any way in terms of level scaling and teams in the Insanity rebalanced version? Curious if the rematches with leaders/E4 there will be harder after beating the game for the first time
    Yup, I've boosted the levels of the rematches so that you won't need to use the writs that raise their levels. Note that using those writs will override the custom movesets the leaders have, so that'll make the battles trivial like in vanilla.

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2021
    Heya, just wondering if you changed anything with the Shiny Locking on legendaries like Zygarde, etc. Are all the previous Shiny Locked legendaries able to spawn with their shiny forms or are they still the same? Also, I couldn't find anything about this in the F&Q/documents so if it is there, I apologise haha.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Heya, just wondering if you changed anything with the Shiny Locking on legendaries like Zygarde, etc. Are all the previous Shiny Locked legendaries able to spawn with their shiny forms or are they still the same? Also, I couldn't find anything about this in the F&Q/documents so if it is there, I apologise haha.
    Yeah, I've removed it from everything except the gift Lucario, so all the legendaries can be shiny.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2023
    Got to the Wulfric battle on insanity and he's kicking my ass. I'm only now realizing how weak my team is to ice.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2023
    Hello there. I just recently beat Wilting Y and I felt obligated to tell you how much I LOVED it.

I'd been thinking about giving 6th gen a try, but felt discouraged due to how easy it is. Then I found your hackrom, which fit perfectly what I was looking for. I installed insane Wilting Y, and boy, I wasn't disappointed at all. Unnerfed Viola gave me more trouble than 90% of Ultra Moon did.
    The amount of attention to detail that you put in is astonishing, and I adore how instead of just leveling everyone up 20 levels or something, you took your time to carefully construct their teams to make the most of the game's mechanics, almost like competitive teams. The moment Viola opened with a rain dance Surskit I knew I was in for a ride.
    I love when RPGs tie story and level progression closely without having to grind, it feels like those extra levels aren't wasted. Also, all those quality of life improvements like the hidden abilities, easier movesets and megastones are appreciated, SPECIALLY the MOs buffs, they didn't feel like a burden anymore.
    The added difficulty also made me appreciate the soundtrack much more. I swear, the 6th gen has a killer ost that wasn't matched by the encounters, but in this hackrom the ost and battles synergized so well it made me feel like this is how the original game should've been.

At the end, when I finally reached the hall of fame, I felt so... accomplished, and I don't think vanilla Y would've make me feel anything similar. Also, I found a shiny that I'm so transferring to Ultra moon :P

Thank you so much for this experience. I hadn't felt so moved by a Pokemon game in long

If you like this hack you should definetly try Photonic Sun (or Prismatic Moon) because it's made by the same person who made this.

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2022
    Hi hello Buffel Saft, could you make a no horde hack with Wilting Y ?
    I'm playing on citra emulator and my laptop is old so when encountering horde causing massive drop in fps, it's really hurt.

And also is there cheat codes for Wilting Y ? I tried searching codes for normal Pokemon Y but all of them must use update 1.5, i just want some QoL code like instant message or double walk speed.... maybe sure-catch too.

Back