• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon FireGold

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2022
    Hey man I think I skiped a dialogue, how to I reach Johto? I am so obsessed with the game that I finished Kanto just today

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    Hey man I think I skiped a dialogue, how to I reach Johto? I am so obsessed with the game that I finished Kanto just today

Congratulations!
    The route to Johto is via Route 26; head west from viridian until you reach the Pokémon League front gate on Route 22.
    Enter the building and go through the door on the bottom left.
    Enjoy the rest of the game!

Years
    https://www.deviantart.com/jackjack27182/art/FireGold-cover-version1-897956845

Hi, I do not play this game yet, but definitely will do near future!

Here I made the cover art for this game, check it out!

By the way, to make this, I used external sources that awesome pokemon drawings were done by Xous54.

I asked his permission but nowadays seems like he is only occasionally active.

So if you want to use this please also acknowledge Xous54.

Source: Charizard v.2 by Xous54 (https://www.deviantart.com/xous54/art/Charizard-v-2-150553380)
    Ho-oh v.2 by Xous54 (https://www.deviantart.com/xous54/art/Ho-Oh-v-2-144334975)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2022
    HOLD UP. Does a vanilla johto (G/S/C) remake based on FR exist already? Did you make the maps yourself?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    Just a heads-up to anyone currently playing with a Blastoise or Meganium;
    I'm going to swap out their abilities. Blastoise will have Swift Swim turn into Mega Launcher and Meganium is going to swap Solar Power out for Own Tempo. It's also going to gain Outrage and Petal Dance.

Years
    Hi, have a question about movesets.

Just like ricomanuel32 mentioned, movesets are based on the 6 Gen data?

However for a certain Pokemon, there can be a little change in the moveset?

Thank you!

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    Hi, have a question about movesets.

Just like ricomanuel32 mentioned, movesets are based on the 6 Gen data?

However for a certain Pokemon, there can be a little change in the moveset?

Thank you!

No, I don't think they looked much into it. While MrDollSteak's rombase does use Gen 6 data, the movesets have been altered considerably to accommodate for the customised list of TMs and move tutors, as well as the gen 7-8 moves I have added. All-in-all, I think you'll find the movesets much more substantial than a regular Pokémon game.
    My best advice for you would be to check out the Pokédex.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    No, I don't think they looked much into it. While MrDollSteak's rombase does use Gen 6 data, the movesets have been altered considerably to accommodate for the customised list of TMs and move tutors, as well as the gen 7-8 moves I have added. All-in-all, I think you'll find the movesets much more substantial than a regular Pokémon game.
    My best advice for you would be to check out the Pokédex.

Side-note, I'm currently working on making sure every Pokémon is actually able to access all of their Egg Moves.
    You can track my progress Here.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2022
    How do I update to the latest update? Do I got to delete my old rom hack?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    How do I update to the latest update? Do I got to delete my old rom hack?

Patch to a clean version of the FireRed rom. Rename it so it has the same name as your current game and then replace the old rom with the new in the same file location.

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2022
    Oh boy, this is like a dream come true! FireRed is one of the games I played the most as a kid and I'm also a big fan of the Johto games, except for their terrible level curve, which it seems like you fixed since you say that the game is designed to take you to lv 100. So I'm really eager to try this game!

Will you also add the gen 3 pokémon at some point?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    Oh boy, this is like a dream come true! FireRed is one of the games I played the most as a kid and I'm also a big fan of the Johto games, except for their terrible level curve, which it seems like you fixed since you say that the game is designed to take you to lv 100. So I'm really eager to try this game!

Will you also add the gen 3 pokémon at some point?

I don't have any intention of adding Gen 3 or above Pokémon, but thanks for the kind words!
    Just keep in mind only the Extreme version will take you to level 100.
    I hope you enjoy the game :)

Back