• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon FireGold

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    Throwback from testing:

The OG Hall of Fame
    Pokémon FireGold

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2022
    One more question: what do you mean by "increased level curve in Johto allows for teams to be interchangeable by Ecruteak"?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    One more question: what do you mean by "increased level curve in Johto allows for teams to be interchangeable by Ecruteak"?

If you start a new team in Johto, they will have caught up to your previous team in levels around the time you reach Ecruteak City, allowing you to mix and match your teams.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    Any chance of you adding the roaming pokemon routine and making the legendary dogs properly roam as they should?

Here is the routine: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8533235&postcount=269

I don't fancy it, to be honest. Roaming always kind of annoyed me and it would be especially tough with the Johto map not fully implemented. Maybe I'll reconsider once it is.
    You get the second fossil on the bottom floor of Union Cave, where Lapras is in the originals.
    May the helix be with you.

BaronT

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2021
    What do you mean by "not fully implemented"? Johto isn't fully mapped out yet?

BaronT

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2021
    So you're still planning on adding more Fly positions? I don't think anyone's ever actually figured out how to do that.

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2022
    I'm guessing you haven't included the manual fixes for a lot of MrDollSteaks rombase that are included in his first post in that thread right? They are all simple hex edits.

Here is the one that will fix your Dugtrio problem:

Sand Force fixe : Place 06 at 0x890CAB4

Wait, it indeed fixes sand force, but I think that part of the routine is a check for boosting-speed abilities.
    Perhaps I'm wrong, but I think we should negate the check in that area, so, place : C0 46 C0 46 at 0x890CAB2 and 0x890CAEC

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2022
    Any chance you've kept documentation on the flags you've used and where things are inserted? I was gonna give fixing the fly spots a try but not sure what I can safely use.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    Any chance you've kept documentation on the flags you've used and where things are inserted? I was gonna give fixing the fly spots a try but not sure what I can safely use.

I have a fairly accurate sheet somewhere. I'd say there are a few changes not documented though.
    It's been a while since it was made and on an older pc. I'll dig it out for you but I'm not going to be able to get to it for a couple of days.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2022
    I have a fairly accurate sheet somewhere. I'd say there are a few changes not documented though.
    It's been a while since it was made and on an older pc. I'll dig it out for you but I'm not going to be able to get to it for a couple of days.

Awesome. Let me know.

nemesish

Azure Trainer
    Years
    Is there documentation with the locations?
    I'm trying to catch a Bellsprout for Violet city's trade, but can't seem to find one (location doesn't appear on the dex)

Back