• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon FireGold

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    Pokémon FireGold Version
    Latest Update 22/11/21​
    Pokédex

Story
    An enhanced FireRed, that incorporates the Johto region and the Gold/Silver storyline as a postgame.
    The Johto storyline is as close to the original as possible, with minimal alterations to suit the story so far.
    Available in 3 difficulty modes.

Features
    Replaces Sevii Islands with Johto, along with the Gold/Silver storyline.
    Receive a new starter Pokémon and build a new team.
    Re-battle Gym Leaders when Johto unlocked.
    Vs. Seeker implemented for Kanto and Johto.
    All Pokémon from generations 1 and 2 are obtainable without trade.
    P/S split, fairy-type, selection of abilities and attacks from across all 8 generations. Some Pokémon have new abilities or those of their megas.
    Reusable TMs/Move Tutors.
    Breeding accessible immediately after first league victory.
    National Dex unlocked with no Pokédex requirement after first league victory.
    Leaders may use a different team on rematch. Gold will use one of twenty random teams each battle.

Extreme Mode Only
    Designed to take you to level 100.
    Increased level curve in Johto allows for teams to be interchangeable by Ecruteak.

Upcoming Fixes

Updates
    Spoiler:

Credits
    Spoiler:

Screenshots
    Spoiler:

Bugs
    Spoiler:

Download
    Click here to download latest release of easy mode.
    Click here to download latest release of hard mode.
    Click here to download latest release of extreme mode.
    Patch to FireRed 1.0
    Beta 1 is fully scripted and playable, with the exception of the above bugs.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2021
    Any chance of having a version without the increased diffculty? Im a noob :( but love the idea of having kanto and jhoto in same game.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Hey, about to start this hack, it looks really promising! By any chance, are cross-generation evolutions available such as Crobat and Kingdra? Just wanted to know for team-building purposes.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Quick update:

1. Movesets are updated to Gen 6, therefore pokemon like Bulbasaur do not have access to STAB moves (most Poison and Fairy pokemon)

2, a Gym Trainer with a Rock Tomb Geodude and then Brock having an Ice Beam Omanyte is a bit too OP for just the standard options of FRLG given to the player. I would say:

- pay attention to STAB + Stat combos (Geodude's massive attack stat means that most if not all pokemon die to its STAB physical moves this early in the game) as well as high BP moves (most things cannot survive an Ice Beam + coverage from special attacking Omanyte).

- Consider balance even with it being a difficult hack, or at least give viable, diverse options like Grass Pokemon in Viridian Forest, coverage options over by the route west from Viridian, or even early access to Diglet Cave like in Radical Red.

Will continue playing though, but you should look into how the early game is built around limited options

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    Hey, about to start this hack, it looks really promising! By any chance, are cross-generation evolutions available such as Crobat and Kingdra? Just wanted to know for team-building purposes.

Following your first league victory, you will unlock the national dex with no requirements and then yes, you will be able to obtain gen 2 evolutions.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    Quick update:

1. Movesets are updated to Gen 6, therefore pokemon like Bulbasaur do not have access to STAB moves (most Poison and Fairy pokemon)

2, a Gym Trainer with a Rock Tomb Geodude and then Brock having an Ice Beam Omanyte is a bit too OP for just the standard options of FRLG given to the player. I would say:

- pay attention to STAB + Stat combos (Geodude's massive attack stat means that most if not all pokemon die to its STAB physical moves this early in the game) as well as high BP moves (most things cannot survive an Ice Beam + coverage from special attacking Omanyte).

- Consider balance even with it being a difficult hack, or at least give viable, diverse options like Grass Pokemon in Viridian Forest, coverage options over by the route west from Viridian, or even early access to Diglet Cave like in Radical Red.

Will continue playing though, but you should look into how the early game is built around limited options

I'm glad to hear you find it challenging!
    But don't worry, the battles may be tough, but they are possible to do. Catching a Pikachu certainly helps, and yes, you can catch Nidoran West of Viridian. In my playthroughs, the two of them together are a decent match for Brock and the victory can be achieved in less than 2 hours playtime.
    The reason I decided not to hold back in the movesets is simply for replay value. By the time you are able to rematch Brock, you will have a wider variety of Pokémon to choose from, as well as access to egg moves and TMs, so don't hold back!
    I'll take your advice into account though and probably release a standard difficulty version in the near future.
    Keep the feedback coming and I hope you enjoy your playthrough!

Years
  • I've been looking for a hack which feature the Johto and Kanto, finally.
    I love that there's no other pokemon except the OG gen1-2

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2023
    Does this romhack use the CFRU? Why's Gold in the top of the Mt. Silver?! I was just wondering about its Red's Johto Adventures

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • This sounds pretty dope! Curious to ask, have you implemented GSC music in Johto? If not do you plan to do so? I feel it would really give off a "new region" feel to the hack.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2022
    I'm glad to hear you find it challenging!
    But don't worry, the battles may be tough, but they are possible to do. Catching a Pikachu certainly helps, and yes, you can catch Nidoran West of Viridian. In my playthroughs, the two of them together are a decent match for Brock and the victory can be achieved in less than 2 hours playtime.
    The reason I decided not to hold back in the movesets is simply for replay value. By the time you are able to rematch Brock, you will have a wider variety of Pokémon to choose from, as well as access to egg moves and TMs, so don't hold back!
    I'll take your advice into account though and probably release a standard difficulty version in the near future.
    Keep the feedback coming and I hope you enjoy your playthrough!

Rock Tomb doesn't sound so bad but Ice Beam does seem like a bit much for the first gym(for a rematch it's fine) you could change it to Icy wind instead since bp wise it's slightly strong for early game and it has the added obstacle of having you worry about your pokemon's speed dropped

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    This sounds pretty dope! Curious to ask, have you implemented GSC music in Johto? If not do you plan to do so? I feel it would really give off a "new region" feel to the hack.

I'd love to, and did mess around with doing so, but I'm afraid the music side is beyond me. If anyone wanted to add some in though, I agree, it would be sick.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    Does this romhack use the CFRU? Why's Gold in the top of the Mt. Silver?! I was just wondering about its Red's Johto Adventures

It's built on MrDollSteaks rombase.
    Gold is at the top of Mt silver to keep the game as close to the originals as possible, yet I swapped Red out for Gold so it makes sense. Yes, this is Red's adventures in Johto, with Gold I stead of Red as th final battle cause, well... You're Red. :)

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    Rock Tomb doesn't sound so bad but Ice Beam does seem like a bit much for the first gym(for a rematch it's fine) you could change it to Icy wind instead since bp wise it's slightly strong for early game and it has the added obstacle of having you worry about your pokemon's speed dropped

A sensible idea. I may make the change if others seem to be having difficulty also. I've also started working on a standard difficulty :)

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    Any chance of having a version without the increased diffculty? Im a noob :( but love the idea of having kanto and jhoto in same game.

Okay guys, Standard Difficulty version is live! For those of you looking for a tamer adventure,
    see download link in description.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2022
    Idk if this is a bug or just a little added difficulty in the Standard version but at the 2nd Rival fight on Route 22 the Rival's Charmander knew Lovely Kiss. It didn't make things gamebreaking or anything like that it just surprised me and I was wondering if it was intentional or not

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2022
    Okay guys, Standard Difficulty version is live! For those of you looking for a tamer adventure,
    see download link in description.

Okay got to the Brock fight and I feel for the Standard version that he shouldn't have an Aerodactyl, even at a lower level a Pokemon with base 105 Attack and 130 Speed is too much for any of the Pokemon that the player has available at that point especially if it has Wing Attack and Outrage(idk if Outrage was added on purpose or just a bug) The way things are now it feels like the only chance the player has against Brock is if they choose Squirtle. I can understand wanting to give the player a challenge but for those playing the standard version the boss battles should just be the vanilla teams at least for the Kanto half of the game

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    Idk if this is a bug or just a little added difficulty in the Standard version but at the 2nd Rival fight on Route 22 the Rival's Charmander knew Lovely Kiss. It didn't make things gamebreaking or anything like that it just surprised me and I was wondering if it was intentional or not

That's unintentional. I will create a fix.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    Okay got to the Brock fight and I feel for the Standard version that he shouldn't have an Aerodactyl, even at a lower level a Pokemon with base 105 Attack and 130 Speed is too much for any of the Pokemon that the player has available at that point especially if it has Wing Attack and Outrage(idk if Outrage was added on purpose or just a bug) The way things are now it feels like the only chance the player has against Brock is if they choose Squirtle. I can understand wanting to give the player a challenge but for those playing the standard version the boss battles should just be the vanilla teams at least for the Kanto half of the game

That will be a bug. To be honest I hurried the standard version so it was possibly overlooked. I will release an update soon.

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023

I'm not quite sure why this is happening. Neither move is programmed into their moveset. I shall continue to try and find out what's going on.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    So, there's a lot of bugs I found when playing:
    1) The Substitute that the user creates it does not take damage before the Substitute fades away. The opponent's attacking move "bypasses" the Substitute, even if they don't have Infiltrator. Also, the opponent's Substitute works just fine. Just, the user side has a bugged Substitute that does not take up damage before it fades away (Substitute still blocks status moves like normal).
    2) Life Orb does not incur recoil at all (I haven't test if the Damage is increased with Life Orb).
    3) Black Sludge does not work at all. Both healing if the user is a Poison type and hurting if the user is not a Poison type.
    4) The -Ate Abilities (Pixilate, Aerilate, Refrigerate) seem to just convert Normal into whatever type the ability correlates without granting the 20%/30% damage bonus (STAB modifier works just fine).

Back