• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon FireGold

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    So, there's a lot of bugs I found when playing:
    1) The Substitute that the user creates it does not take damage before the Substitute fades away. The opponent's attacking move "bypasses" the Substitute, even if they don't have Infiltrator. Also, the opponent's Substitute works just fine. Just, the user side has a bugged Substitute that does not take up damage before it fades away (Substitute still blocks status moves like normal).
    2) Life Orb does not incur recoil at all (I haven't test if the Damage is increased with Life Orb).
    3) Black Sludge does not work at all. Both healing if the user is a Poison type and hurting if the user is not a Poison type.
    4) The -Ate Abilities (Pixilate, Aerilate, Refrigerate) seem to just convert Normal into whatever type the ability correlates without granting the 20%/30% damage bonus (STAB modifier works just fine).

Thanks for listing these. Unfortunately these are due to the rombase used, and are beyond my skill to fix at this time. I suppose my best way forward will be to remove these from the game in future releases.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    Oh ok would Be sick if I had one at the start because steelix is one of my favourites
    Y'know what?
    One of my faves too :)
    Believe it shows a little down the line but yeah, I decided to keep all Johto pokes to the postgame. I feel there's more reward that way.
    You totally have the option of starting your Johto adventure with a lower-levelled steelix though, with breeding unlocked before you even reach New Bark Town.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    Okay got to the Brock fight and I feel for the Standard version that he shouldn't have an Aerodactyl, even at a lower level a Pokemon with base 105 Attack and 130 Speed is too much for any of the Pokemon that the player has available at that point especially if it has Wing Attack and Outrage(idk if Outrage was added on purpose or just a bug) The way things are now it feels like the only chance the player has against Brock is if they choose Squirtle. I can understand wanting to give the player a challenge but for those playing the standard version the boss battles should just be the vanilla teams at least for the Kanto half of the game

Latest update removes the teams of 6 for leaders. Thanks for the input :)

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    Idk if this is a bug or just a little added difficulty in the Standard version but at the 2nd Rival fight on Route 22 the Rival's Charmander knew Lovely Kiss. It didn't make things gamebreaking or anything like that it just surprised me and I was wondering if it was intentional or not

Figured this problem out now. Fix will be released in a day or so.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Hard Mode still gives important battles teams of 6. Easy mode sticks more closely to the original firered teams. Geodude and Onix for Brock etc.
    Just uploaded the new versions. Enjoy!

Congo on the latest versions. Do the latest versions fix the Brock-aerodactyl issue that's present in the previous release?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    Congo on the latest versions. Do the latest versions fix the Brock-aerodactyl issue that's present in the previous release?

Sure does. It was an issue with the game reading the hexidecimal code of the items the poke held as a remnant from the first version. Seems when there is a spare move slot in this situation, it loads the hex code of the item as a move. In this case, the aero used to hold leftovers, which shares the same hex code as outrage.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    are there docs for pokemon locations and how trade evos work?

Getting round to documentation now. Pretty lengthy process though. Free free to ask me in the meantime if there's anything you're looking for.
    Trade evolutions have been replaced with other methods. See the Pokédex link in OP, or again, feel free to ask if the poke you're looking for hasn't been added in yet.

Back