• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon FireGold

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2022
    back again :D

I finished the game (beat Silver) and noted some problems through the Jotoh playthrough. Most of them are minor, but some of them froze my game. I understand you said that some bugs and glitches are beyond you, due to the rombase you're using, but I listed the problems anyway, hoping that some of them can help you to improve the Hack. Thanks for creating such a nice game, I really had a lot of fun! So, these are the issues I found (sorry if I listed some issues you had already found):

- Charizard's not able to learn Solarbeam.
    - about The Letter Quest (between Goldenrod and Route 35): 1. The guard gives the letter repeatedly, and 2. the guy that receives the letter on route 31 doesn't want it.
    - The guy on Moomoo Farm sells you moomoo milks even if you click 'no'.
    - Clicking on the strength rock beside Chuck, before battle, freezes the game.
    - Talking to Chuck's wife after the battle, she keeps giving you the HM06 (but it counts only once).
    - TM Dark Pulse given at two locations (Mt. Mortar and Celadon Rocket Hideout).
    - TM Protect given at two locations (the Girl at the top of Celadon Dept Store and Bellsprout Tower).
    - There's a breakable rock after you enter in the Dark Cave through Route 46, when you click on this rock, the game freezes.
    - On route 27, in the place you have to use Whirlpool, there's a bird keeper and a pokeball, but when you click on the the pokeball it is not an item, and this text appears: "You're just a kid, but you're not to be underestimated either" (the game doesn't freeze).
    - The fossil scientist in Cinnabar Lab doesn't seem to consider the fossil we get in the Union Cave as a revival pokemon (the dialog he says is just "Aiyah! You come again!").

Hope that they help :D

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    back again :D

I finished the game (beat Silver) and noted some problems through the Jotoh playthrough. Most of them are minor, but some of them froze my game. I understand you said that some bugs and glitches are beyond you, due to the rombase you're using, but I listed the problems anyway, hoping that some of them can help you to improve the Hack. Thanks for creating such a nice game, I really had a lot of fun! So, these are the issues I found (sorry if I listed some issues you had already found):

- Charizard's not able to learn Solarbeam.
    - about The Letter Quest (between Goldenrod and Route 35): 1. The guard gives the letter repeatedly, and 2. the guy that receives the letter on route 31 doesn't want it.
    - The guy on Moomoo Farm sells you moomoo milks even if you click 'no'.
    - Clicking on the strength rock beside Chuck, before battle, freezes the game.
    - Talking to Chuck's wife after the battle, she keeps giving you the HM06 (but it counts only once).
    - TM Dark Pulse given at two locations (Mt. Mortar and Celadon Rocket Hideout).
    - TM Protect given at two locations (the Girl at the top of Celadon Dept Store and Bellsprout Tower).
    - There's a breakable rock after you enter in the Dark Cave through Route 46, when you click on this rock, the game freezes.
    - On route 27, in the place you have to use Whirlpool, there's a bird keeper and a pokeball, but when you click on the the pokeball it is not an item, and this text appears: "You're just a kid, but you're not to be underestimated either" (the game doesn't freeze).
    - The fossil scientist in Cinnabar Lab doesn't seem to consider the fossil we get in the Union Cave as a revival pokemon (the dialog he says is just "Aiyah! You come again!").

Hope that they help :D

Pokémon FireGold

I'm on the case!

Keep em coming ;)

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi-ho O/

Been wanting to ask, which mode would be the closest to normal mode?

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2022
    Where do I get Bulbasaur at? I already received Charmander and my starter is Squirtle. Thank you. Also great game though the 'Pokemon Centers' at Mount Moon or Rock Tunnel is a little silent, don't you think :p ?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    Where do I get Bulbasaur at? I already received Charmander and my starter is Squirtle. Thank you. Also great game though the 'Pokemon Centers' at Mount Moon or Rock Tunnel is a little silent, don't you think :p ?

Bulbasaur will be in Celadon City, from the man who originally teaches Softboiled so you need to have Surf.
    XD yeah, I play without sounbd so i guess the rest house music slipped through the cracks haha.
    I will add music for the next versions and thanks!

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2022
    Bulbasaur will be in Celadon City, from the man who originally teaches Softboiled so you need to have Surf.
    XD yeah, I play without sounbd so i guess the rest house music slipped through the cracks haha.
    I will add music for the next versions and thanks!

Thank you so much!

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2022
    How does one get to johto after beating the elite 4? I tried going to the train station since that's a notable landmark. But it says I need a ticket.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    How does one get to johto after beating the elite 4? I tried going to the train station since that's a notable landmark. But it says I need a ticket.

Head to the Pokémon League Front Gate on Route 22.
    Inside the building, there is a door on the bottom left that leads to Route 26, and by extension, Johto. Enjoy!

Back