• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon FireRed: Rocket Edition (Completed)

Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Dec 5, 2017
    This hack is amazing, i had a great time playing it. Good job on making it ;D
    Waiting for the final version :D

Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen May 20, 2018
    I just wanted to inform you of a bug I discovered while playing this wonderful rom hack of yours:
    When Mr.Pychic used substitute with his Mr.Mime there was an error that occurred that said the sub took damage for my Nidoran Male(sorry I don't have a screenshot I'm playing the game on an emulator for my psp I can get you a picture if you want)

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Feb 6, 2018
    I made an account here just to comment. This hack is amazing! One of the best pokemon games Ive played. It "answers" or makes up alot of things that arent in pokemon red or fire red. I think the theories used are really good and the story is very in depth. Its clear that you spent alot of time thinking and working on this and it payed off. If you had a gofundme account to make the next beta come out sooner I would definatelly contribute.
    Speaking of bugs, the only one I found was because my fire red had a previous save file, which made all kinds of crazy things happen, (my character sprite was whipping a super rod every step lol)
    I have spoken and battled almost every person in this game but have not yet found the life orb. I did get the mew reference on the first beta that came out and was able to catch it in this one.
    Really great job.

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Feb 6, 2018
    Completed the game completely this time. Along with obtaining life orb and completing the koga quest. The game's surely one of the best.
    Also don't ask about how I completed the koga quest, its quite easy and fun to do. The game gives enough hints, It's better to try yourself.

Where is the life orb?

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Best hack ever! All the theories of kanto vs johto is sickkkkkkk and i kept replaying the game. can't wait for it to finish, and hope you will include the storyline in johto as well. would love to see the backstory of cutting slowpoke's tail or the raging shiny gyarados

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen May 7, 2022
    Love this hack! I'm at Cinnabar at the end of the beta. Got the Executive rank and the fake trainer card. Am I able to get a pokedex? How can I get a Rod? I talked to all 3 of the fishing brothers. Just want to know what I'm missing so i can work on it while the update is being prepared. Thanks so much!

MaӾiej

Huge Kida Fan
    Years
  • Well, I finally went back and did most of the optional content. Aside from some random trainer battles in the ocean, it seems I'm done for now. The only other thing I could think of is if there is a quest that allows the player to unlock Casual Clothes. Speaking of which, if we were getting something like that, I'd love for an option to change outfits, even if includes the inferior Rocket clothes.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Apr 11, 2020
    Really happy to see that progress has been made. Can't wait to dig into this update!

Also can't wait to see if any of my suggestions made it into the hack... even if I had to go back and read to remember what I even wrote in the first place haha

MaӾiej

Huge Kida Fan
    Years
  • How do I evolve Pokemon that normally evolve by trade, such as Haunter, Machoke, or Kadabra?

I'm not quite sure on this but I will add that my Haunter evolved at level 40 to Gengar. I don't know if any other Pokemon that normally evolve via trading level up normally but I know Haunter does. If I remembered to take a picture, I'd show you but I definitely have a Gengar on my team. To be honest, I wasn't really expecting for him to evolve either.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Apr 10, 2020
    how do I patch the game with the newest patch? Do I just patch the actual game? I hope I won't have to start over from the beginning.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2022
    ^
    Same way you did originally.
    You want a fresh version of the game. Don't patch over patches.
    Then all you have to do is copy and paste the save file to the folder with the newly patched game.

Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Apr 10, 2020
    ^
    Same way you did originally.
    You want a fresh version of the game. Don't patch over patches.
    Then all you have to do is copy and paste the save file to the folder with the newly patched game.

What do you mean copy and paste the save file? Where would I get the save file if I'm using OpenEmu on a mac? When I patched the game with a clean fire red game, it didn't put it in a folder I just saved it to the desktop. I tried to put the game into a new folder and then drag the old game to the folder so it goes in there as well, but I didn't know what to do after that.

Back