• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon FireRed: Rocket Edition (Completed)

Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2020
    Idk how active this is but my game keeps crashing. Always at the same spot after completing Pokemon Tower. I go to talk to Giovanni and while he's talking about his past with Oak I see a Dragonite then the whole thing crashes. Is there something I can do to fix this??

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    @Izayathegod

This ROM hack doesn't tend to work properly on any emulator. Have you tried using another?

XxPikachuxX

Enthusiast
    Years
    Great game with an amazing storyline that still maintains the regular canon storyline from FireRed. I hope someone in the near future makes a sequel to this that revolves around the Rockets in the Sevii Islands, or Johto, or both.

Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2022
    considering the fact that is sets up for some sort of sequel, i cannot wait so see what comes next
    😁

Years
    I don't know where to start, i think by the fact that i was driven to create this account just to be able to comment here.

I finished playing your hack a few days ago, and man i can and i must say that this is easily the best hack i have ever played (not that i have played that many before, I'm kind of new in this world)

First, I must say i didn't come across any bug nor anything looked out of place, this really looked like a legit game, something that game freak could have developed somewhere in a parallel universe.

The difficulty was ok, not too hard but challenging enough, and the way the game starts in the first mission, getting totally destroyed by Red really made me feel like a true (useless) rocket grunt, like i was really seeing the original story through someone else's eyes.

I think the narrative was good enough, i don't expect a full visual novel-like narrative in a pokemon game or hack, but even with that the story trapped me, i wanted to know what was going to happen next, this had me in the edge of my seat almost in every moment after Giovanni's revelation about the war, and that "catastrophe" thing and what was seen in oak's secret lab... Oh boy, it was all too bizarre but at the same time fit perfectly.

Absolutely loved the OSTs made for this game, and i would be lying if i said that i don't want a sequel, even if i have to wait others six years or even ten, I'm sure that if a sequel came to be true, it would totally worth the waiting.

Overall, amazing hack,it has my 10/10, you did a great work, i congratulate you and everyone who could have helped in this project, we don't deserve you but there you are, thanks.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2021
    My game keeps crashing during the
    Spoiler:
    It crashes during he transition to whatever the next scene is, and stays on a black screen with a horrible shrieking sound. Wherever I reload the game from my save, there's a rough static-y sound overlaying everything else, which I don't know when it started since I usually play games without the sound on.

Years
    I wanted to say this with heartfelt words that you made this fantastic Rom Hack of the Year and I wanted to congratulate you. I love the story it's so interesting and exciting and the scene with the catastrophe (known as Missingno) truly outstanding and after experiencing the ending with professor Elm and Bill I am pleading you to make a 100% sequel where Team Rocket has been rebuild and goes to the Johto Region 3 years later to do missions and uncovering more secrets. Kudos to you ColonelSalt looking forward for Part 2 👍

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2023
    I saw a post on this thread before saying the same thing but it look like moonblast is still bugged - trying to use it causes the game to freeze.

Marx321

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2023
    Hi guys!
    I recently played this game! This game is awesome and i learnt something more about this.
    inlcuding Blue's story, Giovanni and everything else!

Im still playing it and the only bug I saw was..
    When My pidgeot is poisoned.. then I use Fly attack upon my opponent's pokemon then the game freeze. So i have to reload it again . :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2021
    -Raikou is a sabertooth / tiger
    -Entei is a lion
    -Suicune is a cheetah

Pls stop calling them Johto-Dogs...
    >.<

Anyway, i'm glad you completed the project.
    Best Romhack ever!

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2021
    Found a funny harmless visual bug, when i used Dragontail.
    The sprites overlap. It also works with trainer sprites.

Sadly pokecommunity wants me to have at least 5 posts, so i cant post an imgur link or anything.
    ...ppl must have powerfull bots today, when u have to go through such annoying things just to share an image...

Marx321

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2023
    -Raikou is a sabertooth / tiger
    -Entei is a lion
    -Suicune is a cheetah

Pls stop calling them Johto-Dogs...
    >.<

Anyway, i'm glad you completed the project.
    Best Romhack ever!

Those legendaries are the best and I recently found out their origins.. they were originally .. ^_^

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2021
    I loved this game!! I beat it yesterday, and I'm 1000% satisfied!!
    (Here's a bit of a spoiler for people who haven't beat the game yet)
    Will there be a sequel to this game? After the scene with Bill and Elm, in Oak's secret lab, I was mega excited!! Also, when Shigeki gets you out of prison, can you not take on the Elite Four? I tried a couple times after getting all the gym badges, but it wouldn't let me..

Well anywho, this game was awesome, and exceeded my expectations!! Thank you so much for making it!!

Years
    I loved this game!! I beat it yesterday, and I'm 1000% satisfied!!
    (Here's a bit of a spoiler for people who haven't beat the game yet)
    Will there be a sequel to this game? After the scene with Bill and Elm, in Oak's secret lab, I was mega excited!! Also, when Shigeki gets you out of prison, can you not take on the Elite Four? I tried a couple times after getting all the gym badges, but it wouldn't let me..

Well anywho, this game was awesome, and exceeded my expectations!! Thank you so much for making it!!

You can't challenge elite 4 after beating the game. This hack doesn't really have any post-game aside from remaining side quest and gym leaders

Marx321

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2023
    Good evening! from Philippines here!
    My game keeps crashing during the
    Mewtwo cutscene, when he reveals where the last scientist is.
    What to do here?

Is it okay to use Pkemon Fire red gameshark codes here as well? thanks a lot!

Back