• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon FireRed: Rocket Edition (Completed)

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2021
    Look forward to the final version of Rocket Edition!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2022
    Thanks so much for having me as a beta tester! Hope you can make more awesome rom hacks like these.

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2020
    ____H
    H __Y__P__E
    ____P
    ____E

thanks for the hardwork! truly a happiness during this situation

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
    Years
  • Excited to hear this is releasing right away! Good luck colonel. Another hack on my playlist this year. Also quick question are you ever gonna add the female sprite for the rocket Grunt?

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2021
    Also quick question are you ever gonna add the female sprite for the rocket Grunt?

Colonel said that he is planning to add a playable female character for this hack in the future, but don't expect it to be anytime soon or like this year at all.

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2020
    I have this same problem! I can't get it to fix for the life of me, I grinded for 6 hours without saving and while in the Rock Tunnel it froze and I can't get it to unfreeze. I've tried reloading it, closing the browser, nothing. But when I load an old save file it works just fine and I can move normally.

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2021
    I have this same problem! I can't get it to fix for the life of me, I grinded for 6 hours without saving and while in the Rock Tunnel it froze and I can't get it to unfreeze. I've tried reloading it, closing the browser, nothing. But when I load an old save file it works just fine and I can move normally.

It's probably an emulator issue, what emulator do you use and on which trainer/part of the cave did it freeze?

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Oh man! It's almost April 9th in the country I am living in. I know it won't be released within my timezone, but I am so dang hyped for this!

EDIT: It's April 9th now! Whoop!

Last edited:

colonelsalt

Guaranteed to raise the smile
    Years
  • It seems everything finally comes to an end... I'm thrilled to announce:

The full version of Rocket Edition is now available!

Pokémon FireRed: Rocket Edition (Completed)
    Downloads
    • Rocket Edition completed version 1.0
      Released: April 9th, 2020
      Notes: The game ends shortly after the credits roll. Save files from all earlier betas are compatible with this release.

Apart from completing the main storyline and introducing a few novel mechanics, this release comes with new artistic contributions from these brilliant creators:
    • Magnus Nyborg Berg (Backwaxed on our Discord server), who has composed a series of original tracks scattered throughout the game
    • strange_kid, who has made significant graphics contributions in the form of original sprites and tilesets
    • Brolunite, who has drawn a lot of key sprites in the game (notably a complete revamp of all Rocket Admins and several of the Player overworld sprites)
    • Paul Aamodt Brandal, who has composed a strikingly menacing remix of a FireRed track that features late in the game

A big thanks also to my dedicated beta testing team, who've helped ensure the full game is as bug-free as a human can make it:
    • Just Politoed
    • PrimalFan on Discord
    • Jalen Washington (F14m3rz)
    • InfernoFire (I steal memes on Discord)
    • serif_Aizawa (serif on Discord)
    • SILVER on Discord
    • Agent Coulson on Discord
    • Xtimertx
    • IHM3000 on Discord
    • Obelisk1232
    • OliveBandit (Perverted vehicle on Discord)
    • IAmYES (yes. on Discord)

And then, to long-time fans: Thank you for waiting - without your words of encouragement and anticipation in between updates, I might never have bothered to see this through to completion. I've read and deeply appreciate every post in this thread.

Finally - as always, a splendid time is guaranteed for all.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2023
    Congratulations on finally completing your hack, it takes a lot of dedication to reach that level.
    Your hack is such a well crafted spin on the original game, and I can't express enough how polished the execution is.
    I'm glad I could help you out, but the credit is all yours.

Years
  • I'm so thrillled to see this project completed.

Congratulations and thank you for your commitment Colonelsalt !

Can't wait to play it tonight.

Back