• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon FireRed: Rocket Edition (Completed)

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    @Josueiscat75

You need to patch it onto a .gba file, not a .zip file. Unzip the file first, then patch the file.

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2021
    @Josueiscat75

You need to patch it onto a .gba file, not a .zip file. Unzip the file first, then patch the file.

Thank you but I've just tried this and the issue continues. I'm starting to think that it could possibly be my fire red 1.0 rom that is the issue since I saw some where on this thread that the rom that is recommended is named something else, I will try looking for it.

(Edit) I've found the recommended rom but the issue continues and I don't know what to do next.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    @Josueiscat75

Are you sure you're using the recommended emulator mentioned in the main post?

As long as you're using an English 1.0 version of Fire Red you should be fine.

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2021
    @Josueiscat75

Are you sure you're using the recommended emulator mentioned in the main post?

As long as you're using an English 1.0 version of Fire Red you should be fine.

Don't worry I've figured it out. It was my emulator that was the porblem for some reason the paid version of My Boy sucks and could not run the game so I downloaded the free version and every works now. Thank you for all your help!!!

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2021
    I just created this account to say how good this game is. Man, I enjoyed this rom hack so much. Last time I played Pokemon Red was when I was just a kid. Now, to come back to Kanto as an adult, and to play the game from this perspective was so much fun. I mean, the plot is the best you can get by far. Whoever made this plot is just a genius. The story is so well connected with the original game that it's very easy to take it as the true real story behind scenes. I didn't expect so much fun from this. Just amazing. 100% recommended. I can't wait to play future releases, if there is any.

This rom hack would be perfect with a proper post-game. I really would like to keep roaming around as a Rocket thug. Nothing too fancy, just some basic things to do would be enough. I'm sure colonelsalt could figure out some witty post-game. I brought my Raticate to be more convincing... lol just a joke. Anyway, thank you colonelsalt.

Marx321

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2023
    I need help,
    Whenever I battled Mewtwo then i defeated him..
    the game freezes.

Or is it.. I just have to lose to Mewtwo?

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2024
    Love the hack! Does Gyarados get any physical water moves? Like Waterfall or Aqua Tail? Does it learn bounce? I have a lvl 27 Gyarados and the moveset is so bad... not sure if I should keep raising it or not

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2021
    Hey, is there a way to make the file be a .gba rather than .ips? I'm using Eclipse/GBA4iOS and both require a .gba file

If for android phone (idk iphone), I found the app that I link below to be the best. It even explains how to use it in detail if you can't just look at it & be able to tell. I hope this helps. I read through 44 pages of comments before finally just trying to Google a way to make it work.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.emunix.unipatcher

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2021
    Ok so far from the screenshots Ive seen, the game looks pretty good.
    I wish i could find a way to patch the game on my android phone directly and play it. everytime i try it doesnt work and all i see is a white screen. the emulator i use is John GBA lite and im on a Samsung s8. can anyone help me with this?

edit: wait nvm i fixed it im using myboy now wooooo

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2023
    No idea what caused this but...Found a game breaking bug in Rocket Edition Completed Version 1.0.1
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

the ramble man

the ramble man
    Years
  • in the doc about side quests it mentions "a bug from Beta 3 will make his "Kadabra" turn into a high-leveled Venusaur", is that correct?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2022
    Okay! Idea!
    I dont know if this has already been suggested but lets pretend it hasn't. I think it would be a awesome idea if /when a sequel comes out we get a little bit of a backstory of the main character, and get an idea about his old life before becoming a rocket gangster. Like who his parents are *cough Jessie cough* etc. Just an idea, adios..

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2021
    Love this game so far! brilliant idea, but ive run into an issue. After defeating Mewtwo the game just goes black i saved before battling but my sav file wont load anymore its just black screen. it appears Mewtwo really is all powerful lol.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    @GageNA

Are you playing on one of the recommended emulators mentioned in the main post? If not, do that.

RomanBlue

RomanBlue
    Years
  • Hello, I seem to be having a similar problem as @Josueiscat75 was having. After patching the .IPS onto the .GBA I cannot get it to run on VisualBoyAdvance. I'm using the most recent versions of Rocket Edition and Lunar IPS. And the FireRed.GBA is one that has worked with other .IPS patches (I even redownloaded it to be safe). VisualBoy just brings up a blank white screen instead of instantly bringing up the game like it does with other GBAs. Anyone know what may be causing this?

Edit: I also tried the Rocket v1 patch on the GBA file and it also did not work...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    @RomanBlue

This sounds exactly like you're not using the right base ROM. Check the main post on what version to use. Also, VBA is not a recommended emulator, use VBA-M instead. I don't think that is the exact problem here, but perhaps it could help as well.

RomanBlue

RomanBlue
    Years
  • @RomanBlue

This sounds exactly like you're not using the right base ROM. Check the main post on what version to use. Also, VBA is not a recommended emulator, use VBA-M instead. I don't think that is the exact problem here, but perhaps it could help as well.

You were %100 correct! I was using FireRed v1.1 not v1.0
    Thank you very much!

RomanBlue

RomanBlue
    Years
  • So I ran into a bit of an odd issue (that ended up resolving itself) but I thought I would share it just in case someone finds it amusing (or it helps someone else as dumb as me).

---SPOILERS---

So I get all the way up to the part where I have to catch Missingno. and I realize, I may not have the pokeballs to catch it. I have 2 great balls, 4 ultra balls, and the master ball. Now sure I could just use the MB but I wanted to save it for Mewtwo, so in essence I had 6 pokeballs. So of course I say to myself, well instead of going right up against this boss battle, lets see if I can acquire some more pokeballs. I can't. No pokemart will sell to me because I have a bounty of over 200,000 (because I didn't realize I would have no way of getting pokeballs later in the game). I can't get any from robbing the mart in Viridian because I already did that a long time ago and didnt think I would need to steal a handful of ultra balls. Team Rocket only sells dumb powders to their employees so no TMs or balls there. They don't even sell them at the gamecorner for coins! So at this point I'm kind of pissed. How am I supposed to catch legendaries (or anything for that matter) if I can't buy pokeballs!? I could lower my bounty by returning 80+ pokemon but I'm a criminal! I want to steal them! I was given a crowbar for Arceus' sake! Let me smash and grab! Anyways, all of this culminated with me saving and taking a run at Missingno. I go up against it. I put it to sleep with hypnosis, bring its HP down to a sliver, and end up catching it with a SINGLE great ball. Holy miltank my heart was racing! Anywho, I guess I'm on to Oak's lab I'm sure this won't be a problem later...

Edit:
    Just wanted to say that I really love this rom hack you've created. It is so much fun to play! The only thing I would add is a rocket or two that sell other pokemart items. I mean why would you be punished for doing rocket stuff in a rocket game right?

Last edited:
    Back