• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon FireRed: Rocket Edition (Completed)

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2022
    Had a good time plaing this game, great concept.

only qualm:
    Spoiler:

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • I get that playing this game puts you in the role of a Team Rocket Grunt, but even I cant stand the first battle. That's a little girl we just bullied. If this hack ever gets more updates, I would love to see a less cruel option for getting a Fly user. Like, maybe you offer the girl all your money in exchange for the Pokemon? It's just a personal gripe of mine.

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2022
    You can actually do playthrough without robbing the girl - you can sell some items found in Celadon and catch Pidgey. Then you have to use walk through walls cheat to go to Mt. Moon. Kinda wish we could actually refuse to steal her Pokemon, though.

Personally I would also love, if you ever make extra post-game update an inclusion of the Sevi Islands (with Day Care), Elite4 rematches, a way to steal Pokedex from Oak's lab or Red, ability to catch all Pokemon and accesibility to more of certain items (especially stuff like Sun Stone, as you can only get one and have to choose between Eevee and Gloom).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2021
    I found a compatible fire red rom but now it's saying it's an unrecognized gba file... Help please!

Years
  • I found a compatible fire red rom but now it's saying it's an unrecognized gba file... Help please!

Download a clean FireRed rom (search for 1.0, 1636 Squirrels, and you will find one for certain), download the ips file at the first post, patch the rom using Lunar IPS (you can easily find it on the internet) and play.

Dekaylab8

I have Harm OCD...
    Years
  • How to enter the safari park?

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2023
    Guys can someone help me?
    I try to leave blues house but i cant, you can enter though.
    I tried to use the walk through walls cheat but it didnt work either and now im stuck and cant continue the story ):

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2022
    This game is great! I`m having a great time playing it because
    1) The Story. Perfectly woven mixture of original stuff & Fan theories. Just pure Gold.
    2) Its fun to have a bit harder & challenging battles against even normal trainers in a game.
    But I had a thing to say... You said you have implemented Gen-6 style mechanics, but I`m unable to teach my Scyther brick break through TM despite it being a learnable TM in its gen-6 moveset. colonelsalt, Did you update only the level-up natural moveset of the pokemon up to gen 6? not the TM moveset?

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    First I would like to say: Congratulations Colonelsalt for creating this amazing hack rom. Of all the hacks I've played, yours is definitely one of the best, and it's the hack rom with the best story and narrative for me, I'm really a fan of how you incorporated so many fan theories and managed to create such a captivating story. The mechanics of stealing Pokémon was really cool and went with the idea of ​​being the ''villains'' of the story, and by the way, I found it very interesting the idea of ​​the whole premise being that we, the players, adopt a new point of view and being a member of the Rocket team, you also did a good job of representing the events we visualized from Red's point of view in the original FireRed and justifying the events that would follow in GSC. Again, thank you so much for providing us with such a wonderful hack and I'm looking forward to a sequel if you're up for one. My grade is 10/10 and I will definitely recommend it to other friends who like Pokémon. Below are some questions and opinions about the hack events:

1- It is left in the air by Professor Oak that our protagonist is not someone normal, so that was in doubt, who is our protagonist? Any other experiments? It would be nice if in a sequel he came back as the protagonist and explored more of his story.

2- It would be so good if you could make up with Daisy, her being hurt was the only crime that really weighed on my conscience (Even if we didn't do it), the poor girl lost her parents, her grandmother, '' lost'' her grandfather, so it would be nice to be able to help her in some way.

3- Blue's Destiny after the events at the Indigo Plateau. It would be nice if in a sequel you explore what happened, it would be nice if Blue went to Red to try to help him in some way, we know they at Sun and Moon events seem pretty good friends, so if you want to respect the canonical events, like you did here, it would be nice to explore the relationship of these two.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2022
    This Mod has soo much potential....
    I would change the ending though...

When you become the Team rocket boss and see that red becomes the champion and Oak behind his back.. You fight red to save your region but eventually loose anyway...

You go back into your organisation and using its resources and the money gathered from the stolen pokemon you create your own genetically made human to fight red in future and release kento from the Oaks tyrany...

I am implying that Team rocket boss (you) would create a genetic made human (player) that would defeat red in pokemon gold/silver..

Because only monster could defeat another monster....

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2022
    Made an account just to give some honest feedback! The sprites for the Rockets are great! Nice throwbacks to some classic fan theories, and interesting plot twists. I also liked the compositions. For the story-related stuff, the majority of the dialogue flows smoothly! A lot of care and dedication definitely went into this, from many people, and it shows!

My only issue is... Why all the "offensive" jokes? Like, they don't really add anything to the world, or give it any charm... They're not even lined up skillfully. They come out of left field, and always have little to no setup. Nevermind the content being offensive or hurtful in the first place.

It kind of alienated me as a player whenever that stuff popped up, and when I would get good and into the story, another eye-roll inducing joke would come out of left field and leave a foul taste in my mouth. Why build such a rich world, and make it so easy to be immersed, only to throw jokes in that aren't even suitable or relevant to the situations they're put in?

Okay, Red's quiet? Oh, he's got that disorder. Forget the fact what the late-game lore establishes... Making it seem like people with the disorder aren't even human. But also, incredibly overdone.
    The Jynx/race jokes? Not sure how those were ever funny in the first place, and even edgy teenager me wouldn't have giggled.
    The use of "ladies" as an insult towards the beginning of the game is an old and tired joke that can't even take itself seriously. Don't get me started on how they're treated like just a step above children and old people. My guy, this is not how we treat gals! Say something like that to a woman, and we'll see if they're surprised... Let alone how funny they find it.
    The fact you had to censor your game because of dialogue, and turned around and made a joke about it and "how you've grown" shows an actual lack of growth, and even stops the player in their tracks so you can go off. It halts progress at a point in time where things have just gotten more interesting, and something big has happened. We shouldn't be punished just because we wanted to try and immerse ourselves in the otherwise amazing world that was built.

I get it, it's your game. Your sense of humor. You worked hard on it. I'm not dissing that... I'm just saying, if you're going to attempt to be offensive, at least try to do something unique, and not at times where the player is trying to gather more information about their environment. Not just random, generic throw-ins that stop me in my tracks so I can hear whatever joke that was gleaned and recycled from an old late night Comedy Central special.

I'm old, I want something new and exciting, and the rest of your game delivers superbly on that in pretty much every front! Just... Not all the jokes.

And before anyone comments, thinking I'll reply, saying something or other about me not having a sense of humor, humor is subjective, I get that. But when it really isn't a contribution to the charm of the game, is amply regurgitated jokes that were probably only mildly funny the first time they were ever told, and at a point literally stops the player from continuing their immersion so the creator can rant, I think it's time to reevaluate if they should be there in the first place.

Regardless, thank you for the otherwise fun adventure! Even with the humor fails, it's probably one of the best hacks I've ever had the chance to play... If not the best.

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2022
    Wow!!! This thing is great!!! Gotta admit it, at first I thought this would be another gimmick-ish rom hack and all, but no, this is one full enjoyable game, I was just want a game to kill my time at first but after a while I pulled allnights as the story keep getting more intense and I understand most story relevant references so it fun to play the other side and got attacked from ppl that was nice to me in the main game, and steal the heck out of them lol. the difficulty curve is also good well balnced and I like the fact that I get to challenge the gyms at their prime and mine too, not really sure about their move sets cos my pokemons r all stabber, the only sad thing is that the money I won from standard trainers r so low they usually give me around 60 I mean I dont get to use them a lot anyway cos noone selling things to me but it just sad like I have to fly back to the town cos they poisoned me over and over again and I dont have antidote to progress, but I only get 60, that sad..... After all I was really having a good time one of the best rom hack I've ever played good gimmick good progression great story lots of funny stuffs, thank you for making this game.

Btw I do have some suggestion, I think it would be great if I can fight Ronnie, that would make more impact to his existense, like he turned to be a cop to avenge giovanni trained his full badass team and fight before I get in the plateau or something like that, I mean it'a a lil dissapointed to not get a chance to fight him I even predicted his team beforehand.

P.S. I really enjoy your game, but I'm not a native english user, so if u find some of my message to be offensive pls forgive me and u can ask me to delete this comment whenever u like, thank you.

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2022
    Actually, I have a question, is it possible to choose your gender at the start of the game? Because while I'm okay with playing a player character that has a confirmed gender, I'm much more comfortable playing a rom hack where you can pick which gender you play as. This rom hack is great, but I was wondering if that was possible, and if it's not, do you think that in a future update, or even in a separate rom hack, could we go through this story as a female Rocket?

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Actually, I have a question, is it possible to choose your gender at the start of the game? Because while I'm okay with playing a player character that has a confirmed gender, I'm much more comfortable playing a rom hack where you can pick which gender you play as. This rom hack is great, but I was wondering if that was possible, and if it's not, do you think that in a future update, or even in a separate rom hack, could we go through this story as a female Rocket?

It's going to be added in a future update

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2022
    I just finished the game today so I just came to share some feedback.

Mt. Moon Red: Just my opinion, but I don't think Red should be that difficult to defeat.

Pokemon Day Care: The day care is a big part of every Pokemon game so I'm not a fan of how it's just entirely disabled because I mean morality aside, if I'm a Rocket, shouldn't I have access to Rocket resources even at the lowest level? Maybe even making it have a bonus since I'm a Rocket, like faster egg production or hatched Pokemon or Nature specific Pokemon. Different bonuses for different Ranks or something.

Fishing Rods: Is it possible to even obtain a Fishing Rod? I played as a Rocket that stole some Pokemon but I always cleared my bounty. I did wonder what all is given to you as rewards by the thief grunt but I could find no other way of actually obtaining a Fishing Rod playing this way, making it even more difficult to obtain certain Pokemon. I tried telling the Master Guru or whatever the secrets and I tried not telling him.

Bounty: After you obtain an item from each Police Officer, it seems to be impossible to clear your bounty afterwards?

Mewtwo: It did feel a bit ridiculous how I managed to get Mewtwo down to red health and put it to sleep but I still couldn't capture it.

Ending: Despite being a crime boss, I had no resources to avoid jail time? Bill doesn't even help me even though he was begging for my help and I believe he said that he ensured witnesses remained silent about something else?

Last edited:

Dekaylab8

I have Harm OCD...
    Years
  • I know it's been a while since I've played this, but I believe that it's time I give this game my honest review.

Summary:

Team Rocket Edition brings some interesting ides to the table such as stealing Pokemon and a unique storyline. Theft potentially being in check with a bounty system seems sound for some replay value to top it off. Sadly, your fun might be cut short when you have to watch quite a bit of storytelling that falls apart near the end of the game. While the game indeed fun for what it is, Team Rocket Edition make some of us longing for more than seeing Red conquer Kanto for Professor Oak.

Pros:

* The ability to steal other trainers Pokemon is the major selling point of this hack that allows you to get Pokemon without the hassle of going through random encounter.
    * Some of the original sections of the story can be pretty interesting sometimes, such as the Kanto-Johto war and the artificial creation of Red.
    * The bounty system goes quite well with the theft mechanic since different rewards will be being given to you depending on whether your bounty is high or low.
    * The battle music when battling against important characters is well-composed as it goes along with the general Pokemon theme.
    * There are quite a few secrets in the game that you can get depending on your actions.

Cons:

* Since the game is revolving around Kanto, only Kanto Pokemon are able to be caught throughout most of the game
    - The non-Kanto Pokemon that can be obtained are only available near the end of the game. This makes the effort of changing their movepools and whatnot nearly pointless.
    * While the story is nice, it feel a bit slow at times. This can be a problem if you were tempted into playing the game a second time to get a different experience when budgeting your bounty differently.
    - Furthermore, the story become a bit of a mess near the end of the game. This is especially true since this hack is going along with the cannon storyline (but with the perspective of a Team Rocket member behind the scenes)
    ~ Throughout most of the game, we are told that the reason for Team Rocket's creation was for Giovanni to reclaim Kanto through drastic means by overthrowing Lance (the head of Johto during the war). In the end, we fight Professor Oak despite him attempting to do a similar process and even succeeding. With our anti-hero knowing this, what was the purpose of going to the Indigo Plateau if Kanto was reclaimed by a Kanto resident?
    ~ During Professor Oak's trial, he was sentenced to exile from Kanto. This would only be true if his exile was done after 3 years or less because he is back in his Lab in the Johto games).
    ~ Right before the end screen, there is a scene with professor Elm collecting the records from Oak's Hidden Lab that implies that he is planning on creating Ethan/Lyra. Unless there is some other child being created, it couldn't be the Johto playable characters since it is said that the creation of the modified child takes real time to grow up and 3 years wouldn't be long enough for them to grow up in time.
    * Some of the storyline revolves around fan theories. Not only can this be non-sensical at times, it also comes off an a bit uninspired.
    - One of these events in the story involves catching an unstable form of matter (known as the popular glitch Pokemon Missingno in this hack) that was formed during the creation of Mewtwo. Not only are you forced to catch it, you have to bring it with you during the final battle. This can be off-putting for some who were trying to form a team of six and are forced to remove one of those trained Pokemon for Missingno. This is especially annoying when the final battles have quite a high level rise with little in the way to overcome those final bosses.
    * There is nothing to do the post game world but catch the legendary bird trio. This is a missed opportunity to create a possible post-game event where you prepare Team Rocket in their Johto evasion (since you're the boss) or find yourself going away from Team Rocket and witness Ethan/Lyra's quest in ending the Rocket's once and for all.

Also, I've seen in a few posts earlier that the game is getting updated with a female playable character. Can somebody please explain what else is being added in this update?
    I deleted this hack from my computer and I've considered going back to it if there's more content. However, it's going to take more that a female in black to get me back into this game (I don't hate this game, it's just not my cup of tea).

Last edited:
    Back