• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Frontier Adventure (Lastest Version: V1.4a | Feb 6, 2021)

Years
  • why Glaceon have 2 shadow balls?
    This is an error. I transcribed all the move data by hand, and I've been slowly ironing out issues like this.
    I take an item out of the PC
    It is said that there are'?72' items called'???????'. Is this a bug?
    I think this has to do with me removing the default potion, leaving that field blank.

Please download 1.2f. Both of these issues should be fixed in this version.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2021
    I have a small request that hopefully isn't too demanding.

The charizard we can currently buy has this moveset:

Fire Blast
    SolarBeam
    Roost
    Sunny Day

Can you make it so that the charizard we buy has this moveset instead?:

Will O Wisp
    Dragon Claw
    Dragon Dance
    Roost

I ask because the current set can easily be obtained with TMs. The second set you can have more options of building a strong Charizard X build with TMs/Learning past moves. Right now, we can't get Charizard to learn dragon dance or roost on its own.

Also, one more small thing, but whenever you buy a latios, you get a latias instead.

Years
  • I have a small request that hopefully isn't too demanding.

The charizard we can currently buy has this moveset:

Fire Blast
    SolarBeam
    Roost
    Sunny Day

Can you make it so that the charizard we buy has this moveset instead?:

Will O Wisp
    Dragon Claw
    Dragon Dance
    Roost

I ask because the current set can easily be obtained with TMs. The second set you can have more options of building a strong Charizard X build with TMs/Learning past moves. Right now, we can't get Charizard to learn dragon dance or roost on its own.

Also, one more small thing, but whenever you buy a latios, you get a latias instead.

Sure, no problem. I just fixed the bug (will be fixed in the next patch), and I can change the set since I anticipate the new TMs taking a very long time.

Years
  • The final update will be coming in a couple of days (this isn't a very complicated idea, so there's not much I can do to expand it), so if anybody has any suggestions, please let me know. To be clear, this update won't include new TMs because I have a friend helping me with that. Until they complete it, I can't really do anything about it. Besides that, if you want to add anything, let me know now or hold your peace.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Something I always wanted to do with Emerald is just jump into the Battle Frontier proper. So far I've had a fun experience with this.

One little pet peeve that bothered me, but I don't really think is bothering anyone else: Why not name Stomping Tantrum to just Tantrum instead of Chrono Trigger menu-style abbrevations? I understand that the much newer move names are long and hard to insert though, I've had a lot of time dealing with that in said menus... 😅

EDIT: Using the latest patch, I ran into a male Glaceon in the Lv. 50 Factory that knows Shadow Ball twice. Also, there appears to be some type of sprite priority bug? When my Simipour uses Focus Blast, sometimes the attack appears under the sprite.

When going to the building with the betting trainers, I seem to have crashed the game. I talked to a hiker who told me to leave him alone, then I talked to the woman to the right and declined to battle. After that I talked with everyone, and I just got a blank with nothing. Everyone would just pause with not even a text box and then leave me alone for a bit, but when I talked to the woman again I crashed the game.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Something I always wanted to do with Emerald is just jump into the Battle Frontier proper. So far I've had a fun experience with this.

One little pet peeve that bothered me, but I don't really think is bothering anyone else: Why not name Stomping Tantrum to just Tantrum instead of Chrono Trigger menu-style abbrevations? I understand that the much newer move names are long and hard to insert though, I've had a lot of time dealing with that in said menus... 😅

EDIT: Using the latest patch, I ran into a male Glaceon in the Lv. 50 Factory that knows Shadow Ball twice. Also, there appears to be some type of sprite priority bug? When my Simipour uses Focus Blast, sometimes the attack appears under the sprite.

When going to the building with the betting trainers, I seem to have crashed the game. I talked to a hiker who told me to leave him alone, then I talked to the woman to the right and declined to battle. After that I talked with everyone, and I just got a blank with nothing. Everyone would just pause with not even a text box and then leave me alone for a bit, but when I talked to the woman again I crashed the game.

1: The original game used abbreviations like this (i.e. Fearaligatr). I would rather abbreviate the whole name than just use part of it. This seems like the most reasonable solution.
    2: The Glaceon bug should be fixed in 1.2f.
    3: I have nothing to do with battle animations. You can submit that issue here: https://github.com/rh-hideout/pokeemerald-expansion/issues
    4: Thanks for pointing this out! I have fixed this bug for the next version of the game.

Years
  • V1.3 is out! This is the last major update, so allow me to list the major changes below:
    • BW Trainer theme has been added. Additionally, the last battle of a Frontier Challenge will use Gym Leader Music.
    • Pokemon Sprite Animations now coincide with Battle Animations like they used to. Animations are always on during Frontier Brain or Famous Trainer Battles.
    • Ability Switcher and Name Rater have been added to the house northwest of the Battle Tower.
    • Pokédex now works like this: Every Pokémon is considered seen and their stats can be viewed fully. Only Pokémon you own are considered owned.
    • Bunch of bug fixes.
    • Download page now includes source code and PDF guide which includes some helpful charts.
    • And more (Remember to read the changelog).
    Thanks for all your support! As always, let me know if there's any bugs to be fixed or just let me know if you enjoyed it or not.
    EDIT: Forgot to mention that if there are any future updates, they'll be to add more songs, add egg moves to the move relearner, and add TMs from Gen VII.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    A really amazing hack! :) Really enjoyable to play! Thanks so much for seeing this project through! :)

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    do you need assistance with writing dialog or assembling teams? i'm willing to help out

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    Heyo, you've done some good work with this hack and I'm slowly working my way through it! 👌
    Something made me wonder tho. I found that even tho I bought all the mega stones from the store I didn't get a Salamencite. Was it removed intentionally for some reason or was it forgotten about? Unless you're meant to get it through some other means that is.

Years
  • Any Mega stone that turns a Pokemon into an Uber-tier Pokémon isn't included.
    These Pokémon are: Blaziken, Gengar, Kangaskhan, Lucario, Metagross, Mewtwo, and Salamance.

Years
  • Major Changes from V1.3 to V1.3e:
    • New AI functions that make battles more dynamic.
    • Pokemon Colosseum Battle Theme and DPPt Gym Themes present in the game.
    • Mystery Gifts available in the Pokémon Center.
    • Myriad of QOL changes and bugfixes.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2021
    I found an issue with mew. When I try to attack with them, they disobey. Sometimes they even go to sleep! lol. Is this a feature or a bug?

Years
  • OK, so apparently there is a very lazy piracy feature where if you have a mew or deoxys not from a fateful encounter (basically, if you got one not through an event), then the game makes them disobedient no matter how many badges you have. Bizarre. Will be fixed right away.
    EDIT: Fixed in 1.3f

Last edited:
    Years
  • NOTE: If you downloaded V1.3f, please delete it and download V1.3g. A major bug was added in V1.3f and fixed in V1.3g.

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    I made a level_up_learnsets.h file where all of the pokemon given away in the frontier have greatly expanded movesets. Every pokemon can relearn all of the moves they can possibly have in all gens, excluding moves introduced in Gen 8 (except Mew whose moveset was trimmed to 255 moves). It should be as accurate as Pokemon Showdown because that is where I got the data. This solves the problem of egg moves being unavailable and simplifies the process of changing up your movesets, but kinda makes TMs and tutors pointless.
    https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Artdog/test/main/level_up_learnsets.h
    This also requires that MAX_LEVEL_UP_MOVES in include/constants/pokemon.h be set to 255. Changing this value doesn't seem to cause any problems.

Back