• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Frost [Beta 1 Released]

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Are you still working on this?
    It's just in your sig it says 'Pokémon Myst', Jus sayin ?

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • Update!

Just wanna show a little, but also want to let everyone know that the hack is growing nearer to it's beta!

Check the attachments for the screens.

Nice updates, dude. But didn't you say that you'll decapitalize the text?
    Also, if you haven't noticed, the Petilil is floating. You can fix it with Wichu's Advanced Sprite Editor. Search in the Toolbox.

Are you still working on this?
    It's just in your sig it says 'Pokémon Myst', Jus sayin ?

Note that the owner of this hack posted a message yesterday, so yeah, he's most probably still working on this.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Update
    Sooo... I've re-scripted the whole first town basically, and I am finishing up the intro and de-capitilization. That means the Beta is super close!

Since I like to add pictures, I'm also posting some pictures to show the progress.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Beta 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beta 1
    That's right. It's finally time. Beta 1 is here.
    After a couple months of work, punctuated by a month-long break, I've (hopefully) completed the BETA!!!! Although I'm sure there will be errors, I hope you all enjoy it. :)

So, without further ado, here is the Beta!
    Download

Also, I'd appreciate it if you would all nicely report any errors with the form:
    Code:
    [PLAIN][B]Picture:[/B] 
    [B]Description:[/B] 
    [B]What You Were Doing That Probably Caused It:[/B] [/PLAIN]

P.S. Please post what you all think of the beta, and the hack in general. I would really appreciate some feed back. :)

Last edited:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    I'll go download the Beta now ... but
    Pokémon Frost [Beta 1 Released]

In this screen shot if you look at the mountain there are tile errors.
    you've used the mountain top with mountain floor underneath rather than the mountain top which connects two parts together.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I'll go download the Beta now ... but

In this screen shot if you look at the mountain there are tile errors.
    you've used the mountain top with mountain floor underneath rather than the mountain top which connects two parts together.

Not exactly sure what you mean by this, but okay...

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Announcement!
    Here's a an upload of an .ips patch of the first beta. Link

Hope this helps those who couldn't use the .aps.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • It was an OK beta. Here's my bug report:

Spoiler:

3/5
    Not good enough. There are too many errors. I think that you need to play through the hack before you release it.

DVK

Hack based-God
    Years
  • It was an OK beta. Here's my bug report:

"Alright" has only one "l".it should also be "Alright then, I'll" or "Alright, I'll"

There's need to add "here". the text should read "As i walked along, I stumbled over this rock." You can keep here in there, but as SP said, It's not needed.

3/5
    Not good enough. There are too many errors. I think that you need to play through the hack before you release it.

Since those are most of the bugs i have also found i might as well put in bold other things you could do instead.

Gengarx33

Ze' Awesomeness
    Years
  • Lmao. I apologize, but this game sax. First, you should change the tiles and make it more attracting. Second, uh... nvrm. The tiles are the only flaws I see at the moment. =.=

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • Lmao. I apologize, but this game sax. First, you should change the tiles and make it more attracting. Second, uh... nvrm. The tiles are the only flaws I see at the moment. =.=

You actually judge a hack by its tiles? Incredible, mister.
    Have you actually considered the scripts and maps of the hack first?

M.L

Invisible
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2017
    Lmao. I apologize, but this game sax. First, you should change the tiles and make it more attracting. Second, uh... nvrm. The tiles are the only flaws I see at the moment. =.=
    really judging it by the tiles you see its like judging a book by its cover but you dont even know whats inside... some games use gamefreaks tiles incrediblly well look at sienne it has mainly gamefreak trees and such just has a few new tiles and that was voted best for visuals?

Chiar

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2014
    Lmao. I apologize, but this game sax. First, you should change the tiles and make it more attracting. Second, uh... nvrm. The tiles are the only flaws I see at the moment. =.=
    Well, there are different opinions regarding FR tiles. There are people that like them and find it unecessary to change the tilesets. It's ignorant of you saying that this game sucks because the author uses tiles you don't like.

LapeFruitz

Khaos Hacker
    Years
  • I like this, the only thing I don't like is the redness, a little is fine, but in my opinion, there is just too much.

Back