• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gaia Version

Years
    How do i activate the mega stone? My charizard seems to have reacted to it by itself the first time i used him but now i can't seem to make it mega evolve.
    Press the Start button in battle when the Mega Evolution button appears on screen, and then select a move to use.

Me again!

Pumpkaboo can learn Flame Charge by TM, which would appear to be an oversight.
    Nope!

Pokémon Gaia Version

Also, I'm not sure if you're actually creating the animations for the new attacks or using community-generated ones, but I've noticed several boosting moves seem to use the Iron Defence animation verbatim. Namely, Hone Claws and Rock Polish. If I may make a suggestion, Rock Polish could start with the Iron Defence animation and then finish with the sparkles created by Wish or the Detect animation to indicate that the Pokemon is now cleaner (?). As for Hone Claws, I have seen in Theta Emerald that it uses three quick scratches to the user to indicate the sharpening of its claws which looks a little nicer in my opinion, so maybe you could use that? Power Gem also uses the Rock Slide animation, but I'm sure that one isn't final yet.
    Yeah, none of the move animations are necessarily final.

Ok got a weird one this time... I was facing Ace Trainer Beau in the tower to face Belle for a mega ring, I was using Floette and he was using Phanpy. Phanpy used Endure at full health as I used Magical Leaf and left Phanpy with around 1/4 of its health left. The next few turns, I went for Magical Leaf again and not only did it do no damage, but Phanpy appeared to actually be regaining 1HP each time I used it. After about 3 turns my Magical Leaf did the correct thing and killed it. I'm not sure if it'll be possible to recreate this, or why everything went back to normal after a seemingly random amount of time, but it was weird...
    Yeah, my bad. It was a bug with Endure: I've fixed it now.

I hope it says a lot about the quality of the hack that I'm picking up on such minor things :P If I find anymore weird stuff actually worthy of addressing I'll be back to report it.
    Thank you, I appreciate the reports!

Finished the beta with Empoleon, Charizard , Diggersby , Dusclops ,Gardevoir and Noibat. And also beat battle marsh all 5 leaders...It was really awesome.. Thank you. BTW how do I evolve Dusclops? Do I need reaper cloth?
    Nice, thanks! Dusclops' evolution method is included in the README.txt file.

Thank you very much, going back to Telmurk's game corner to make the script go back on track did help, now the game proceeds normally and I was able to beat the 6th gym! Yay! although that means now I have to wait for beta 3 :/

Anyways, there's a, well it's not a bug but rather a graphical error, and then there's a question I want to make.

-The graphical error is about Litwick. When you have a litwick whether it is in your party or in the PC, it appears with its icon sprite, like every other mon when seen in a PC box or the party, right? well the thing about litwick's PC sprite is that it has a tiny, reddish pixel section in the upper left corner, that I pressume is part of another sprite. The thing is, litwick appears with an annoying red dot over it when you see it in your PC/Party, I've seen this since beta 2, so I might as well tell you.

-The question, is about Frillish: are there female frillish in the game? There's a surf-able section after the island where you can find frillish and other mons like remoraid and such, but all the frillish I come across are male. One or two are statistically probable, but literally all 20 or so frillish I find are male. Is female one not coded into the game yet? Is just that female one is my favorite, I wonder if it's in or not.
    Thank you! I've fixed Litwick's icon, and you were correct about Frillish; it seems Advance-Map accidentally made only male Frillish appear. It should be fixed now.

great work with the updates

now I'm just trying to fill my pokedex
    so can you make a list of how to evolve the unique pokemon that is not by level?
    Thank you! The new evolution methods are already included in the README.txt file.

Spherical Ice, the sudden reset occured when i was walking in Wisp Forest. I cannot explain any more details because it just happened like that.
    Well, that's not very useful I'm afraid, and I cannot recreate this, either. Perhaps a patching error?

Where can i find HM dive?
    Dive is not available in this release.

where can I get charmander and chrizard's mega stone
    If you chose Piplup as your starter, Successor Belle will give you a Charmeleon holding a Charizite Y.

So now I am going to start this game my third time woth the hopethat the next release will be compatible :)
    Hopefully all future versions will remain compatible with saves!

Finally got the download to work for me, it was a complete error on my part.

I'm a little sad that the new beta isn't compatible with previous versions but the improvements that have been made greatly overshadow any disappointment. I'm working on my second badge right now and I'm having a blast! I really like that the badges have original artwork instead of using the ones from Fire Red. No complaints as of now. Love this game and excited to continue playing!
    Thank you!

I'm really enjoying your hack so far, at the second Gym, but I've noticed a bug. I have a Burmy on my team and it's at a high enough level to evolve, and I want to evolve it into Wormadam-Trash. However, when I gain a level as Burmy-Trash it won't evolve, and neither will Burmy-Ground, but Burmy-Grass will. I'm not sure if the other two Wormadam forms aren't implemented or if this is an unintended bug.
    Thank you, this has been fixed.

https://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=f1bn91&s=9#.VkO-3muB7zE

Seems to be an overlay issue in Aerous City. Not sure if this also happens elsewhere.

Is there a better site to upload images to for this? I've always used Tinypic but this doesn't seem to embed on these forums.
    Thank you, fixed!

Hello spherical ice, very well made hack loved it so far congrats, i was wondering if its possible to edit the save of the game with a 3rd gen save editor, dont ask me why i want to edit it i just do, if its possible could you tell me how because i already tried and i got the "your save file has been deleted" message. thanks in advance
    Thank you. I do not know about support for save editors, but I presume it would depend on the save editor and if it supports things like the expanded Pokédex and whatnot. If you're getting any save file error messages, then you likely have not set your emulator up properly.

So I found a bug with the blue shard movetutor. ( which I believe was mentioned earlier) I went to teach my clefable Drain punch over wake up slap, and it said that it was taught, yet he kept wake up slap and my shards were indeed gone. nothing major, but worth mentioning.
    Can you redownload, and confirm if this still occurs? Thanks!

Is Ampharosite available in the game? Great hack, by the way

EDIT: Also, how does Eevee evolve into Glaceon?
    Ampharosite is not yet available in the current release. Eevee's evolution methods are included in the README.txt.

don't know if anyone ask about this yet but
    Pokémon Gaia Version

is this normal?
    it happen to all skill that slower something (atk, def, speed...)
    I cannot recreate this (I'm assuming Rei is a Piplup). Are you sure you patched correctly?

Mistake that I found-
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    is that intended?

ANyway, I'm done playing with the current beta, and geez I just want to share that I caught a shiny Tentacool.
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    I've already fixed Mega Pidgeot's erroneous typing. Congratulations on the shiny Tentacool!

Quick question: Is there some way in the current beta to get the way to prove we're "mature and sensible" that the woman in the bank in Telmurk wants? If yes, can I get a hint?

Also I got to a very high, very suspiciously empty peak when I was exploring earlier areas. Hmmm... :pink_shifty:
    No, you can't yet open a bank account in the current release.

where can i get numel and sharpedo
    Numel can be found in the area of Archan Tunnel were Paras are also found. You may need to redownload for this to be the case, however, as it was a relatively recent adjustment.

Another issue. Carvanha learns Poison Fang at level 28 or something. However, in reality, it doesn't even learn Poison Fang. I think it's supposed to be Crunch.
    Also nope, lol.
    Pokémon Gaia Version

finally finished the beta and i must say i love your hack is one of the best i ever played.keep the great work your hack is awesome and one of the best in existence
    Thank you!

im stuck in the cave where you have 2 type in numbers is that part of the main quest or is it for later
    The Ferre Ruins lock is indeed a part of the main quest. I recommend you translate the braille that displays and work from there (the password has already been posted in the thread, though).

Please redownload! I've fixed bugs such as Electro Ball and Gyro Ball not displaying the effectiveness strings, Endure straight-up not working, and the bugs pointed out to me by other players. Make sure it says it was updated 13/11/2015 in the README.txt file! Thanks for the support!

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Press the Start button in battle when the Mega Evolution button appears on screen, and then select a move to use.

Nope!

Pokémon Gaia Version

Yeah, none of the move animations are necessarily final.

Yeah, my bad. It was a bug with Endure: I've fixed it now.

Thank you, I appreciate the reports!

Nice, thanks! Dusclops' evolution method is included in the README.txt file.

Thank you! I've fixed Litwick's icon, and you were correct about Frillish; it seems Advance-Map accidentally made only male Frillish appear. It should be fixed now.

Thank you! The new evolution methods are already included in the README.txt file.

Well, that's not very useful I'm afraid, and I cannot recreate this, either. Perhaps a patching error?

Dive is not available in this release.

If you chose Piplup as your starter, Successor Belle will give you a Charmeleon holding a Charizite Y.

Hopefully all future versions will remain compatible with saves!

Thank you!

Thank you, this has been fixed.

Thank you, fixed!

Thank you. I do not know about support for save editors, but I presume it would depend on the save editor and if it supports things like the expanded Pokédex and whatnot. If you're getting any save file error messages, then you likely have not set your emulator up properly.

Can you redownload, and confirm if this still occurs? Thanks!

Ampharosite is not yet available in the current release. Eevee's evolution methods are included in the README.txt.

I cannot recreate this (I'm assuming Rei is a Piplup). Are you sure you patched correctly?

I've already fixed Mega Pidgeot's erroneous typing. Congratulations on the shiny Tentacool!

No, you can't yet open a bank account in the current release.

Numel can be found in the area of Archan Tunnel were Paras are also found. You may need to redownload for this to be the case, however, as it was a relatively recent adjustment.

Also nope, lol.
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Thank you!

The Ferre Ruins lock is indeed a part of the main quest. I recommend you translate the braille that displays and work from there (the password has already been posted in the thread, though).

Please redownload! I've fixed bugs such as Electro Ball and Gyro Ball not displaying the effectiveness strings, Endure straight-up not working, and the bugs pointed out to me by other players. Make sure it says it was updated 13/11/2015 in the README.txt file! Thanks for the support!
    I'll redownload, but currently I don't have shards to try again.And I did not know pumpkaboo got flame charge....

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2015
    Can anyone tell me the location of the Pidgeot mega stone? I have found several stones but not Pidgeot.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Thank you Spherical Ice for making this romhack. This is the first one i have played and is amazing.Both in detail and in content.

Some doubts i have, How do i evolve boldore because in the list i don´t see him also what are the purposes for the relics like the vase and coins.

Aside from that,could someone give me a hint to where are the pidgeot and altaria stones located.

Also when i finished the Sabulo tower event and went to my Pc multiple swinubs lv 32 from Sabulo Cross appear in it. Just a minor bug.

Again thank you very much for this hack and how much effort you put into it and how much help you give to everyone that has troubles with it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2018
    yes it's a Piplup
    and I patch to Pokemon - Fire Red Version (U) (V1.0)
    is it the right rom?

edit: tried patching with 1695 - Pokemon - Fire Red Version (E) but it say invalid checksum

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2015
    when I go to 6th gym it don't have an entrance after I defeat 2 trainers no way to go the leader. Help me please , when is the other update ?

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2016
    IIRC I found Pidgeotite in a Hidden Grotto... that's the only hint I'm gonna give. (And possibly I'm remembering incorrectly.)

As for the sixth gym, just keep stumbling around in there. Eventually you'll find a path to a warp spot that takes you to the leader.

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2019
    Thanks for making the hack Spherical Ice , I love it so much.
    There are a few questions I would like to ask,

I don't know if someone had mention before, my goomy and charizard couldn't learn dragon pluse through the blue shard meister, it is ok on my noibat though.

Is mega lopunny available yet?

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years
    Finally after 18 hours of playing, I have finished the Beta2.5. This beta indeed awesome and I will looking forward for your next Beta release!
    (Yes... I can see the sun finally...... * wakes up from bed)

Lunaturret

[B]The Forgotten[/B]
    Years
    Wow the screenshots look amazing and im loving the tiles a gym beta you must of been working on this for such a long time and really does look amazing im not one for playing any beta that doesnt have so many gyms but with 6 gyms iv read i really can get stuck into this thank you.

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2015
    Is/will there be the possibility to trade with your friends (or battle)? Because the most emulators (such as My Boy on Android) have Link cable emulation.

Years
    I'll redownload, but currently I don't have shards to try again.And I did not know pumpkaboo got flame charge....
    Well I've redone the Blue Shard tutor's routines because they were poorly written, hopefully it should be fixed now.

Can anyone tell me the location of the Pidgeot mega stone? I have found several stones but not Pidgeot.
    Spoiler: Pidgeotite location
    It can be found in the Hidden Grotto in the Telmurk Outskirts.

how does sliggoo evolve?
    Sliggoo evolves, like in the vanilla games, at level 50 in the rain.

Thank you Spherical Ice for making this romhack. This is the first one i have played and is amazing.Both in detail and in content.

Some doubts i have, How do i evolve boldore because in the list i don´t see him also what are the purposes for the relics like the vase and coins.

Aside from that,could someone give me a hint to where are the pidgeot and altaria stones located.

Also when i finished the Sabulo tower event and went to my Pc multiple swinubs lv 32 from Sabulo Cross appear in it. Just a minor bug.

Again thank you very much for this hack and how much effort you put into it and how much help you give to everyone that has troubles with it.
    Thank you! I've added Boldore's evolution method to the README.txt, my bad. The Sabulo Cross bug has already been fixed.

Spoiler: Altarianite location
    It can be found in the Hidden Grotto in Nemesis River.

yes it's a Piplup
    and I patch to Pokemon - Fire Red Version (U) (V1.0)
    is it the right rom?

edit: tried patching with 1695 - Pokemon - Fire Red Version (E) but it say invalid checksum
    Neither of those ROMs seem to be the right dump, I would search specifically for the 1635 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels) dump.

when I go to 6th gym it don't have an entrance after I defeat 2 trainers no way to go the leader. Help me please , when is the other update ?
    Like the first Trainer said, you need to take a leap of faith. Beta 3 won't be out for some time.

Thanks for making the hack Spherical Ice , I love it so much.
    There are a few questions I would like to ask,

I don't know if someone had mention before, my goomy and charizard couldn't learn dragon pluse through the blue shard meister, it is ok on my noibat though.

Is mega lopunny available yet?
    Thank you! I have fixed the Blue Shard tutor now.

Spoiler: Lopunnite location
    It can be found in the Secret Temple in Windmist City.

Finally after 18 hours of playing, I have finished the Beta2.5. This beta indeed awesome and I will looking forward for your next Beta release!
    (Yes... I can see the sun finally...... * wakes up from bed)
    Thanks for playing!

Wow the screenshots look amazing and im loving the tiles a gym beta you must of been working on this for such a long time and really does look amazing im not one for playing any beta that doesnt have so many gyms but with 6 gyms iv read i really can get stuck into this thank you.
    Thank you!

Is/will there be the possibility to trade with your friends (or battle)? Because the most emulators (such as My Boy on Android) have Link cable emulation.
    Likely not, no. Sorry!

I've pushed another small patch which you can redownload. It fixes the Blue Shard tutor, and updates quite a few level-up levels for some Pokémon's evolutions, as they were too high to really be usable. They can be found in the README.txt, like usual!

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2018
    Neither of those ROMs seem to be the right dump, I would search specifically for the 1635 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels) dump.
    ok i will try that

EDIT: ok, it's fine now
    thank you
    I think you should specific the rom need for the patch incase someone don't know (like me)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2023
    Wow, my bad. I guess Pumpkboo can learn Fire moves after all. I guess it makes sense if I think about it a little more, with candles inside pumpkins etc. It just struck me as odd when I first saw it.

Some more observations:
    • Empoleon's cry seems to have been cut weirdly. It has a very small sound effect as the cry is ending (maybe from where the cry was starting to repeat when it was being recorded?). As I've been hearing it quite a lot, I thought I'd point it out in the hope that it'd be an easy fix.
    • There's an apostrophe missing in the Casteliacone's description. It reads "Castelia Citys" instead of "Castelia City's".
    • I'm not sure if it's a bug or not but when you look at merchandise in all the shops it says " ow! Tons of Pokemon stuff!", I assume it's meant to be "Wow!" but the W seems to be missing for some reason.
    • Again, not sure if you know about this, but U-Turn forces you to switch out even if it just took down your opponent's final pokemon. Whoever switches in will then gain experience for beating it even though they never entered the battle prior to that pokemon fainting.
    • I caught one of the overworld wild Electrodes in Telmurk Warehouses, but the Poke Ball didn't disappear after the battle. So I could actually keep fighting it and catching it over and over again. When I defeated it, the Poke Ball disappeared as normal.

Last edited:

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Thanks Spherical Ice, and how do I get duskinor? Or is that in the read me?

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2015
    Really good hack. It didn't take me very long to complete this version however.
    Also, Mega-Pidgeot is still Normal-fighting, even after patching the new version.

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2019
    Hey Alice! I hope you read my past comment. I really really hope you'd enable link battles, I really enjoyed that on florasky (bcoz that's the only hack I played where link battles work). Still,great work!

Preciouspaws

Floof Master
    Years
    HEy I was just curious as to what the colored letters are next to the stats? And what they all mean. I am unfamiliar with these. I was thinking maybe they were saying which stats are higher/lower? But I wanted to know what the letters meant!

Also really like how you make your hacks, I love searching all the nooks and crannies in game finding a whole bunch of items! :D

One thing I REALLY like is the battle scene, the color scheme is really nice, love the pkmn stat boxes! I also think it's pretty bomb that you have the correct cries for the New pokemon!

Your games are SUPER fun and I am Excited for more updates!

~Preciouspaws

Back