• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gaia Version

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2019
    Hello spherical ice.I tried raising 3 different kind of ralts apart from the one i had already raised to see if the 'gallade evolution' bug applied to them.Surprisingly,all 3 evolved into gardevoir at level 30 like they were supposed to.I wondered if the bug applied only to male ralts but 1 of the 3 ralts was male and evolved into gardevoir compared to the one i originally raised so i suppose it's not gender locked.Another hypothesis is that the bug applies to a ralts that has earned physical attack EVs equal or above a certain point but that is something i cannot confirm since i wasn't keeping track of EV gain while raising all 3 of them.Lastly,it is also possible that the bug applies to a ralts whose nature lowers special attack(like the ralts i originally raised which evolved into gallade at level 28 and was of 'serious' nature) or one whose nature raises physical attack.However,the hypothesis concerning the nature of the pokemon is one i haven't confirmed since none of the 3 ralts belonged into either category except the original one so it could have also been a coincidence.Anyway though,for these hypotheses to become more than speculations i'd have to raise a lot more than 3 ralts of different kinds but i don't think i'll be doing that.Still,i hope this commend helps you with this hack and anyone who runs into the same predicament i did even a little.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2019
    Where can i get Aron, Swablu, and heracross? ty
    Aron is available inside Archan Tunnel(first cave accessible early on in the game).Swablu is available either at Reliquia Ruins(south of the hero's house) after obtaining rock smash so that you can get access to the grass patches or slightly later on in the game at the sole grass patch north of Sabulo Island(accessible through ferry in aerous after you unlock it through the story line),the level difference is about 6 levels with the one at Reliquia being close to 14 and the one at Sabulo being close to 20.I haven't encountered heracross in the wild yet but according to the pokedex and logical thinking it should be available at the bug catching contest at Valoon Town.Also,one more piece of information that should prove helpful,at the route between Valoon town and Nemesis Cave there is a grotto at the northeast section accessible with the help of cut and surf inside of which i found Altarianite .I don't know if the drop is random or,and the most likely,always the Altarianite but you should check it out either way.Also Aggronite can be found inside nemesis cave.I hope this helped you.

Last edited:

HoennTM

Will my hack be done soon? Probably not.
    Years
  • Sorry to hear about the slow progress, but this hack has been incredible so far! Very deserving of HOTY.

Years
  • So i recently just found this hack, and i havent been able to play it. first of i was having a hard time with finding a proper fire red rom. now i have it this came up

0xK5qBw.png

Cant wait to play it heard to much about it..

Please help me!
    Thanks it advance

You should try updating VBA up to VBA-M, or either get mGBA(which is MUCH better than VBA).

Aleister

Will-o'-the-wisp
    Years
  • Another hypothesis is that the bug applies to a ralts that has earned physical attack EVs equal or above a certain point but that is something i cannot confirm since i wasn't keeping track of EV gain while raising all 3 of them.
    I was, screenshots below ;).
    Anyway though,for these hypotheses to become more than speculations i'd have to raise a lot more than 3 ralts of different kinds but i don't think i'll be doing that.
    Tested on twelve subjects (to speed up, gameshark rare candies, master balls and encounter xD), surprisingly, there were no Gallade bug.
    Spoiler:

Lastly,it is also possible that the bug applies to a ralts whose nature lowers special attack(like the ralts i originally raised which evolved into gallade at level 28 and was of 'serious' nature) or one whose nature raises physical attack.However,the hypothesis concerning the nature of the pokemon is one i haven't confirmed since none of the 3 ralts belonged into either category except the original one so it could have also been a coincidence.
    As can you see raising attack did nothing. And my Ralts with Gallade bug was Calm nature; one of those 12 Ralts was also Calm and evolved into Gardevoir. There's one possibility I consider and I could try because I have idea that only first Ralts you're evolving have this bug. So, only hypotesis, but, if you use stone to evolve your male Kirila into Gallade, your next Kirila should evolve into Gardevoir.

Congratulations on capturing the shiny!

Last edited:

BillyKaplan

Sorcerer Supreme
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2019
    Any plans on making poison work like Generation IV where Pokemons' health are lowered to 1 and then they're cured of the poison instead of being knocked out outside battles?

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2019
    I was, screenshots below ;).
    Tested on twelve subjects (to speed up, gameshark rare candies, master balls and encounter xD), surprisingly, there were no Gallade bug.
    Spoiler:

As can you see raising attack did nothing. And my Ralts with Gallade bug was Calm nature; one of those 12 Ralts was also Calm and evolved into Gardevoir. There's one possibility I consider and I could try because I have idea that only first Ralts you're evolving have this bug. So, only hypotesis, but, if you use stone to evolve your male Kirila into Gallade, your next Kirila should evolve into Gardevoir.

Thanks for informing me of your research and eliminating most of my theories since now players won't have to worry about as many possibilities as before.The theory that a nature that lowers special attack evolves kirlia into gallade still stands since my kirlia that evolved into gallade was of serious nature(special attack lowered,special attack raised) and i didn't one of a corresponding nature out of your 12 ralts.But to be honest,since your situation was like mine(it was the first ralts that you evolved that evolved into gallade),the theory you suggested about the first ralts,or even the bug being random,seems more plausible.So i suggest any players having this problem to not abandon raising a gardevoir after seeing their first ralts evolved into gallade and any new players wanting to raise a gardevoir to evolved a ralts of unwanted nature into gallade first and then evolve the ralts of the desired nature into gardevoir.Thanks again for the information Aleister.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2018
    This looks like a really cool rom hack. I am currently playing this and I would like to know where the following pokemon can be catched please. Dratini, froakie(not sure if it's in the game, #hype if it is tho), elekid and bulbasaur/ivysaur. Thanks ;)

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2019
    This looks like a really cool rom hack. I am currently playing this and I would like to know where the following pokemon can be catched please. Dratini, froakie(not sure if it's in the game, #hype if it is tho), elekid and bulbasaur/ivysaur. Thanks ;)
    I don't know about dratini,frokie or elekid but after getting the mega ring at the sabulo island tower,a kanto starter is given to you.I'm not entirely certain about it,since i haven't tried it more than one time,but the starter given should be the one whose type is super effective against the type your first starter is weak to.For example,if you chose chimchar at the beggining who is weak against water,the kanto starter you'll receive is ivysaur.The kanto starter given is level 30 and has its exclusive mega stone on it.Since you wanted frokie and bulbasaur i assume that you chose chimchar at the beggining.If you didn't,sorry but i don't know where bulbasaur can be caught if that's even possible in this hack.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2018
    Thanks :D, I'm pretty sure I saw someone on utube have a dragonite so I'll figure out where i can get dratini. Thanks for the info bout bulbasaur and thank god i can get saur since ur right i chose chimchar #infernape hype. I don't think I can get froakie so I'll prob get a staryu. Do you know if elekid is catchable or not?

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2016
    I am absolutely in love with this game! Especially the second half. I feel like it got better with every city and gym. Keep up the great work! Take this suggestion with a grain of salt because like I said before, the game is great, but I feel like some of the earlier gyms lacked a bit of coherency, particularly the second and third gyms. I just wasn't impressed with their final Pokemon, they just didn't make much sense with the leader and their personality. Maybe switching Pignite for something like a Ninetails would make a bit more sense? or Chatot with Noctowl? I just feel like the gyms built up to something great, and then I was just a little disappointed by them...

Then again, I'm pretty sure the Fifth gym had to have had one of my all time favorite leaders out of any Pokemon game and the Sixth leader blew my mind, ha. So you're doing great!!

Years
  • Yes later gym leaders gets interesting pokemon than any pokemon hack I played.the creator of this hack has got same good imagination in making maps too.Hope he will be put up some good challenge for pokemon league..

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2018
    How do you win the bug catching contest I've tried so many times with scyther, beautifly, pinsir, beedril,etc. Every single time I end up in 3rd place UGH What pokemon did u win the contest with?

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2016
    I am having trouble figuring out how to mega evolve and how evolve floette May you tell me how?

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2019
    Thanks :D, I'm pretty sure I saw someone on utube have a dragonite so I'll figure out where i can get dratini. Thanks for the info bout bulbasaur and thank god i can get saur since ur right i chose chimchar #infernape hype. I don't think I can get froakie so I'll prob get a staryu. Do you know if elekid is catchable or not?
    I'm not entirely certain about this since i haven't checked it out personally but either elekid or electabuzz should be available at Telmurk Outskirts,just north of Telmurk City.Hope you find one.

Back