• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gaia Version

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2017
    don't know if anyone ask about this yet but
    Pokémon Gaia Version

is this normal?
    it happen to all skill that slower something (atk, def, speed...)

This problem is not due to the rom. It's in the emulator. You'll only have to disable an option on the settings to solve this. Can't recall anymore sorry been so long since I started playing from mobile.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2017
    Also, what's new/fixed on the November 18 update prior to the November 2 release?

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2015
    ~Snip~

I've fixed a few bugs and updated the egg moves for Pokémon to match their OR/AS counterparts - of course, this really doesn't matter too much as it seems hatching in general isn't working properly yet. Either way, the README.txt has been updated with the bugs and you can redownload if you want (though for now I'd wait until I've fixed some of the bugs). Thanks for your patience and I'm sorry it's been such a rocky release so far.

No worries. It is a great and huge project you are working on and most of us know how much work that means for you.
    And besides that...this game is worth the wait (;
    Good luck furtheron!

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    I think i found one error. When Heracross mega evolves, it gets skill link ability, which allows it to hit multi-turn moves 5 times. But here mega heracross having skill link ability does not hit pin missile or fury attack 5 times. Also, mega pinsir has no ability. But it is a very good hack anyway, better if these are fixed :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2023
    I think i found one error. When Heracross mega evolves, it gets skill link ability, which allows it to hit multi-turn moves 5 times. But here mega heracross having skill link ability does not hit pin missile or fury attack 5 times. Also, mega pinsir has no ability. But it is a very good hack anyway, better if these are fixed :)

The Skill Link bug has been pointed out already (but to be fair, nobody is expected to read an entire thread before mentioning something just in case, so no worries :P), and not all abilities have been implemented yet, which I believe to be why Mega Pinsir doesn't have an ability yet.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Has anyone beaten the 2nd gym? Aria's ace is ruining my life. Anybody have any strategies to beat it? :D

Years
  • Ok so I downloaded 2.5 when it first released, and just downloaded the newest one yesterday, however, it does not retain my sav file, so for now I'll leave my game and dusclops as is( because in the initial 2.5 a dusk stone does not work on him), thank you the information though. Also I made it to the end of this beta, interesting choice for the 6th gym!
    If it didn't retain your save file, that sounds like an issue with your emulator.

Hey just curious (assuming this hasn't been answered before) where do I find an electabuzz? I recently got back into playing this hack and I never asked this before since I was busy with other stuff at the time. I wanna know so I can breed a chimchar with Thunderpunch.
    Electabuzz can be found in the Telmurk Outskirts.

Amazing hack and all the curses available and applicable to that level 48 Mega Slowbro with freaking Water Pulse of the 6th gym.
    Thank you!

I don't know if this has been answered, but I didn't find it in the README.txt file:

How do I evolve Karrablast and Shelmet? In the vanilla version you're supposed to trade one for the other and they'd evolve.
    Straight from the README:
    - Shelmet --Level 36-> Accelgor
    - Karrablast --Level 36-> Escavalier

Doesnt matter if it was a rocky release youve made a brilliant hack that can only be praise wat ever little bugs their are and updated the README.txt is always an added bonus as if was me doing a hack it would proberly be last thing on my list and id forget more often then not. Thank you again and i hope all continues to go smoothly as i would love this game at completion as i love pokemon games its likee they really dont stop when you can use base rom to create many more games so im very happy with all the work from hackers and the pokemon community too as they play alot of the betas and ask many question sometimes the same question sometimes reminding a hacker of something missed or not added or bugs etc but overall its pleasant to have a community where we can all relate to one thing mostly and thats love for pokemon
    Thanks.

I think I found a bug here. Munna appears to be an all-male species. I have yet to see a single female Munna. Also it seems the synchronize ability isn't working to copy the nature of the user (in this case an adamant munna) onto those I encounter in the wild. I know it's not a sure thing, but I should have seen at least one other adamant pokemon in all the 20 minutes I spent searching for pokemon to work with said nature.
    I haven't updated Syncrhonize to do that, so you're correct in that regard, but Munna is not male-only.

Every time I use a move on my copy, it just crashes. Is there something wrong with my copy? I'm pretty sure I patched it onto a clean Fire Red 1.0 (U) ROM.
    That seems like a patching error, please make sure to use the 1635 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels) ROM.

Is dive available?
    No.

One doubt Spherical Ice different saves from the 2.5 don´t work because i tried due to an issue with my version due to absol not appearing and know it crashes the game if i load the previous saves.
    PS: I´m using a windows phone emulator to play it.
    Another thing i don´t see mantyke evolution mehtod in the readme.text and i also experienced the bug with the money is there a way to fix it. Again thank you for this RomHack.
    If your emulator makes save states instead of save files, then it may be the cause. I don't claim to maintain compatibility with those emulators. Mantyke's evolution method is supposed to be how it works in vanilla, but, like a handful of other new evolution methods, doesn't yet work. If I knew how to fix the money bug I would've done it already, obviously.

Another doubt Spherical Ice does any pokemon learn egg moves because i hatched a joltik with a spinarak and it didn´t learn cross poison.
    I started a new file due to the loss of data and want to know to see if i have to change my team.
    Thank you for this game
    Joltik should be getting Cross Poison, so maybe you are using an outdated version? Remember, of course, the Spinarak itself needs to know Cross Poison.

(Second attempt at posting. The forum decided to eat my post because of the 'no links' crap.)

I have been thoroughly enjoying your game since I first found out about it on Youtube, Spherical Ice. :3 I pretty much joined just to comment here on the game.

However, my first comment isn't going to be about how great Gaia is, or how annoying the current bugs are. It is stated in this thread, on the download page for the newest version and the README file that saves from previous versions won't work on the newest. This peeved me a bit since I am the kind of player that grows attached to their team.

Much to my surprise, I found my old save actually worked with the new version. Could this be a bug, or did I just get lucky? (I would post the images I took of my Gardevoir from the old and new versions, but the site is being a butt about it.)

Edit: Let's try this.
    Old: puu.sh/lt22X/6f090365c2-.png
    New: puu.sh/lt1YS/8728c03e6a-.png
    Just remove the dash by the .png bit.
    Thank you. It's not a bug that your save remained during the update, but you will find that a lot of events and whatnot will simply not work because you will sequence break the game. I'm telling you it's not possible, so please just take my word for it.

Also, what's new/fixed on the November 18 update prior to the November 2 release?
    Bug fixes of varying severity.

No worries. It is a great and huge project you are working on and most of us know how much work that means for you.
    And besides that...this game is worth the wait (;
    Good luck furtheron!
    Thank you.

Both of these are already listed in the README.

What version of fire red did you use to update this?
    1635 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels)

Has anyone beaten the 2nd gym? Aria's ace is ruining my life. Anybody have any strategies to beat it? :D
    I like using a Soundproof Pokémon personally.

How can i play it on my android
    Patch the ROM on your computer, move it to your phone, play it with MyBoy or something.

I've released a small bug fix that fixes broken footprints and other minor things.

I've also added an FAQ to the first post. Please read it before posting!

Lunaturret

[B]The Forgotten[/B]
    Years
  • Wow thank you for taking time to answer everyones questions this must add even more to your work as i guess its not just the hack you need to work on but answering questions fixing bugs dealing with everyday life. Theirs maybe alot more im missing but it must be very strenuous building such a wonderful hack.
    My issues would be the amount of fixes over fixes would get complicated and could it cause just the whole game to collapse and then you might have to start again so is making sure you dont over do somethink or rebalance hack then could you avoid these issues like with the flags is it better using the old ones or adding new ones when modifying the rom to what you want it for?
    Sorry if it doesnt make so much sense im really not good at explaining but i tryed my hardest.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2023
    So I'm really enjoying the Battle Marsh, trying to get all the trophies and about 85 battles in so far. However, I've noticed a couple of times I have received money for winning rather than battle points. The amount is always 2000 pokedollars, and I have noticed it twice now in the 80+ battles I've done. Thought it was worth pointing out.

I've been searching around for more bugs to help you with the next version, so here's another: I went back to Wisp Forest to see what other Pokemon were there, and noticed that the TM12 item at the end of the forest had respawned. I picked it up earlier as it was already in my bag, but for some reason it was back on the ground again when I went back.

On the topic of TMs, I noticed a bunch more oddities with my party (don't worry, I double-checked against their ORAS learnsets this time).

My Gourgeist couldn't learn Flame Charge, Nidoran (female) could learn Roost, Empoleon and Pidgeot could learn Flamethrower, Pidgeot could learn Sludge Bomb, Hail, Calm Mind, Cut, Surf, Rock Smash, Rock Climb and Rock Tomb, Empoleon could learn U-Turn, Sligoo couldn't learn Rain Dance, Gourgeist and Florges could learn Brick Break, Pidgeot could NOT learn Fly (although mine already had it from when it was a Pidgeotto, so maybe it said Not Able because it was already learnt), same story for Empoleon and Surf.

That was just from the TMs I had and the pokemon I had on me, so there may be other oddities. It just looks like something really weird happened with the TM table.

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Wow that is weird, the TM table does sound like it's borked. But only Spherical can say for sure.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    If it didn't retain your save file, that sounds like an issue with your emulator.

Electabuzz can be found in the Telmurk Outskirts.

Thank you!

Straight from the README:

Thanks.

I haven't updated Syncrhonize to do that, so you're correct in that regard, but Munna is not male-only.

That seems like a patching error, please make sure to use the 1635 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels) ROM.

No.

If your emulator makes save states instead of save files, then it may be the cause. I don't claim to maintain compatibility with those emulators. Mantyke's evolution method is supposed to be how it works in vanilla, but, like a handful of other new evolution methods, doesn't yet work. If I knew how to fix the money bug I would've done it already, obviously.

Joltik should be getting Cross Poison, so maybe you are using an outdated version? Remember, of course, the Spinarak itself needs to know Cross Poison.

Thank you. It's not a bug that your save remained during the update, but you will find that a lot of events and whatnot will simply not work because you will sequence break the game. I'm telling you it's not possible, so please just take my word for it.

Bug fixes of varying severity.

Thank you.

Both of these are already listed in the README.

1635 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels)

I like using a Soundproof Pokémon personally.

Patch the ROM on your computer, move it to your phone, play it with MyBoy or something.

I've released a small bug fix that fixes broken footprints and other minor things.

I've also added an FAQ to the first post. Please read it before posting!

Thanks for letting me know, but I don't know if it is my emulator. It doesn't do this for the other GBA ones I have. If I replace the original 2.5( the one that didn't have evolution info, or other bug fixes.) would the save data still work? Or would it restart my game? And thanks for answering.

Years
  • Wow thank you for taking time to answer everyones questions this must add even more to your work as i guess its not just the hack you need to work on but answering questions fixing bugs dealing with everyday life. Theirs maybe alot more im missing but it must be very strenuous building such a wonderful hack.
    My issues would be the amount of fixes over fixes would get complicated and could it cause just the whole game to collapse and then you might have to start again so is making sure you dont over do somethink or rebalance hack then could you avoid these issues like with the flags is it better using the old ones or adding new ones when modifying the rom to what you want it for?
    Sorry if it doesnt make so much sense im really not good at explaining but i tryed my hardest.
    Thank you, and I don't feel it's a bad thing to continually maintain the release; I'd rather be fixing this all now than continue to work onwards and just add onto the pile of potential bugs, if that makes sense.

So I'm really enjoying the Battle Marsh, trying to get all the trophies and about 85 battles in so far. However, I've noticed a couple of times I have received money for winning rather than battle points. The amount is always 2000 pokedollars, and I have noticed it twice now in the 80+ battles I've done. Thought it was worth pointing out.

I've been searching around for more bugs to help you with the next version, so here's another: I went back to Wisp Forest to see what other Pokemon were there, and noticed that the TM12 item at the end of the forest had respawned. I picked it up earlier as it was already in my bag, but for some reason it was back on the ground again when I went back.

On the topic of TMs, I noticed a bunch more oddities with my party (don't worry, I double-checked against their ORAS learnsets this time).

My Gourgeist couldn't learn Flame Charge, Nidoran (female) could learn Roost, Empoleon and Pidgeot could learn Flamethrower, Pidgeot could learn Sludge Bomb, Hail, Calm Mind, Cut, Surf, Rock Smash, Rock Climb and Rock Tomb, Empoleon could learn U-Turn, Sligoo couldn't learn Rain Dance, Gourgeist and Florges could learn Brick Break, Pidgeot could NOT learn Fly (although mine already had it from when it was a Pidgeotto, so maybe it said Not Able because it was already learnt), same story for Empoleon and Surf.

That was just from the TMs I had and the pokemon I had on me, so there may be other oddities. It just looks like something really weird happened with the TM table.
    You get prize money (as well as Battle Points, although I can't remember if the message displays for this or not) when you defeat the Marsh Bosses, who you fight every twenty matches, so it's likely that which you're confusing with.

The TM is Wisp Forest was actually me just fixing a bug where it would get hidden at a certain time if you didn't pick it up, so I just changed the flag altogether; it will mean that people who picked it up once will be able to do so again, though, you're right.

As for the TMs, you're absolutely right. It should be fixed now, if you'd like to redownload. Thank you for the help!

Thanks for letting me know, but I don't know if it is my emulator. It doesn't do this for the other GBA ones I have. If I replace the original 2.5( the one that didn't have evolution info, or other bug fixes.) would the save data still work? Or would it restart my game? And thanks for answering.

Patching the ROM should not affect the save data, so if it is not loading the old one it's either overwritten it without your permission or it's not loading it properly; either way, it's not the fault of the ROM.

You can redownload to fix the TM compatibility issues!

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Thank you, and I don't feel it's a bad thing to continually maintain the release; I'd rather be fixing this all now than continue to work onwards and just add onto the pile of potential bugs, if that makes sense.

You get prize money (as well as Battle Points, although I can't remember if the message displays for this or not) when you defeat the Marsh Bosses, who you fight every twenty matches, so it's likely that which you're confusing with.

The TM is Wisp Forest was actually me just fixing a bug where it would get hidden at a certain time if you didn't pick it up, so I just changed the flag altogether; it will mean that people who picked it up once will be able to do so again, though, you're right.

As for the TMs, you're absolutely right. It should be fixed now, if you'd like to redownload. Thank you for the help!

Patching the ROM should not affect the save data, so if it is not loading the old one it's either overwritten it without your permission or it's not loading it properly; either way, it's not the fault of the ROM.

You can redownload to fix the TM compatibility issues!

Ok, thanks for letting me know. I believe I have a way to fix it, which I'll try in a little bit.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2023

The trainers were just ordinary challengers, not the Marsh Bosses, but fair enough. Thanks for fixing all the TM stuff!

EDIT: Sorry, found another weird thing. Fletchling's dex entry contains one too many apostrophes on "it's" (could even be a speach mark, actually). Also, all the footprints seem to be broken now... I seem to remember them being fine in previous versions, but I could be confusing hacks.

Screenshot: https://imgur.com/DuLlV8D

Last edited:
    Years
  • The trainers were just ordinary challengers, not the Marsh Bosses, but fair enough. Thanks for fixing all the TM stuff!

EDIT: Sorry, found another weird thing. Fletchling's dex entry contains one too many apostrophes on "it's" (could even be a speach mark, actually). Also, all the footprints seem to be broken now... I seem to remember them being fine in previous versions, but I could be confusing hacks.

Screenshot: https://imgur.com/DuLlV8D

Can you confirm the issue with regular Marsh challengers? The issue doesn't seem obvious in the script so I'm not sure.

My bad with the footprints, they should be working now, and I've also fixed Fletchling's dex entry.

You can redownload, like usual!

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2023
    Can you confirm the issue with regular Marsh challengers? The issue doesn't seem obvious in the script so I'm not sure.

My bad with the footprints, they should be working now, and I've also fixed Fletchling's dex entry.

You can redownload, like usual!

Sadly, I can't confirm the prize money issue. I was speeding through battles so wasn't really paying attention. The first time I thought I imagined it, so didn't pay it much heed, but I believe the second time was match 83 or so. If it's not obvious then maybe I was mistaken and they really were the Marsh Bosses after all. Just something to keep in mind in case anyone else reports something similar.

Thanks for the footprint fix, I'll keep hunting around to see if I can find anything else.

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
    Years
  • Does anyone know where the Gardevoirite is? Or is it not in the game yet?

btw, im really having fun pawning the battle marsh with a mega lopunny XD even tho evolving buneary is quite a pain, having 0 base happiness, having no happiness berries and massage/haircut/whatever and having to rely on soothe bell and the oh so expensive vitamins to boost it's happiness..

Anyways, I expected to get a Mega Stone or something really rare after beating the final boss at the Battle Marsh, but these points will have to do :3, Ability Pills anyone? haha

Back