• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gaia Version

unIQuE-_-SK

Rocket Grunt
Years
  • Also reporting some moves that (sometimes) freeze the game, tried Fly, cut, rock climb, poison fang, swift, probably a global move issue, cus tried multiple pkmn with different abilities.
    Edit: Looks like repatching fixed it. :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2016
    Hey Spherical, I absolutely love this hack, although, I've found a huge bug with this game ( a game breaking one at that ):

Spoiler:

Also, I saw you saying that this hack doesn't have day/night cycles, does that mean I can't get Espeon/Umbreon?

And on another somewhat unrelated note, is it possible to check my EV's or happiness somewhere?

I really love this hack man, really liking the story and "cutscenes", it's a really immersive experience, really looking forward for the finished version of this.

Years
  • Sorry, i know it isn´t a big bug but when i went to archan tunnel for the second time i had an encounter with roggenrola and the level (lvl) sign was missing, like it only said 9
    This is already in the README, thanks.

when im using pin missile with beedrill the game freezes. is it only me or this is a bug? please check it.. this is really annoying... but i tried using pin missile with heracross its working well.
    I'm fairly certain I've fixed this already; try redownloading and see if it persists?

Hey Spherical, I absolutely love this hack, although, I've found a huge bug with this game ( a game breaking one at that ):

Spoiler:

Also, I saw you saying that this hack doesn't have day/night cycles, does that mean I can't get Espeon/Umbreon?

And on another somewhat unrelated note, is it possible to check my EV's or happiness somewhere?

I really love this hack man, really liking the story and "cutscenes", it's a really immersive experience, really looking forward for the finished version of this.
    A hint for the Precimos Gym is that the Trainers act as indicators of where the next invisible path will be.

The alternate evolution methods for Umbreon and Espeon are in the README.

A woman in the Precimos Hotel will tell you the Friendship of the first Pokémon in your party. I don't currently plan to have an EV-checker, but I likely will add one eventually.

Thanks, I'm glad you're enjoying!

You can redownload, I finally fixed the bug where you can potentially lose all your money when whiting out. Pretty major fix!

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2016
    A hint for the Precimos Gym is that the Trainers act as indicators of where the next invisible path will be.

The alternate evolution methods for Umbreon and Espeon are in the README.

A woman in the Precimos Hotel will tell you the Friendship of the first Pokémon in your party. I don't currently plan to have an EV-checker, but I likely will add one eventually.

Thanks, I'm glad you're enjoying!
    [/B]

I honestly have no clue of what I'm doing wrong here, I've been using them as guides from the start, but I always come up to a dead end, at the female trainer that tells me I shouldn't panic. I find it ironic that it was exactly at that moment that I stopped finding any new paths.

The happiness requirements are still maintained I'm guessing? Because I tried using a moon stone on Eevee and it said it had no use.

Years
  • I honestly have no clue of what I'm doing wrong here, I've been using them as guides from the start, but I always come up to a dead end, at the female trainer that tells me I shouldn't panic. I find it ironic that it was exactly at that moment that I stopped finding any new paths.

The happiness requirements are still maintained I'm guessing? Because I tried using a moon stone on Eevee and it said it had no use.

Oh, dear, I just checked ingame and now understand what you're talking about. Unfortunately if you've saved inside the Gym this fix may not work for you, but hopefully it will (note: it definitely won't work with save states, but regular saves might work). Redownload and it should work. Also, I just used a Moon Stone on Eevee and it worked, so that might just be a patching error too.

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2016
    Oh, dear, I just checked ingame and now understand what you're talking about. Unfortunately if you've saved inside the Gym this fix may not work for you, but hopefully it will (note: it definitely won't work with save states, but regular saves might work). and it should work. Also, I just used a Moon Stone on Eevee and it worked, so that might just be a patching error too.

Yep, totally worked, glad to see there are tiles now, and an exit, can't have enough of those.

Thanks for the quick fixes by the way, really appreciate it.

EDIT: Eeveelutions are now working fine aswell, you're right, must have been a patch thing, just got myself my pretty new Espeon

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2020
    Sorry, i forgot ro read the Readme file. But i found something else, i don´t know if it has to do with my rom but in the elevator of telmurk city it always says that i´m on the first floor even when i´m in other floors.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2016
    Hey,
    I really enjoy playing Pokémon Gaia. Best hack i've ever played.
    But I think I've found a bug. When I level up my magneton in the Telmurk Warehouse (the northeast one with the electromagnetic generator) nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong here? I tried all the other Warehouses (at least I think so...) but still nothing happened.
    Sorry for any bad grammar, I'm from Belgium.
    Btw, I have currently no idea where to go to in the game. I've just beaten the Telmurk City Gym.

Years
  • the bug with the elevator in telmurk city department store was just like the bug in the game corner. example when you choose chatot she will give you dratini as for the elevator when you choose 5f the elevator will send you to 3f but thats not a big deal also try checking the poster in the 3f some weird letters is appearing and i think i was talking to my rival HAHAHAHAHA! sorry RIP english. xD

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    Hey Spherical Ice. I have been playing your hack for a while and i'm having fun. I do have a few questions like are u planning to add in missing evolutions in the game such as roggenrola because there is nothing in the read me text that says anything about him

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2020
    the bug with the elevator in telmurk city department store was just like the bug in the game corner. example when you choose chatot she will give you dratini as for the elevator when you choose 5f the elevator will send you to 3f but thats not a big deal also try checking the poster in the 3f some weird letters is appearing and i think i was talking to my rival HAHAHAHAHA! sorry RIP english. xD

1)Yes, i know that it was minor, i just wanted to tell.
    2)But in the game corner when i asked for a chatot i gave me a chatot, the same with dratini.
    3)Hahaha i didn't notice the poster bug because i didn't read it, it's really weird.
    I also found other minor bugs such as when you're in precimos island if you surf the surf music doesn't appear. And the pokemon printer somtimes doesn't print every pokemon i have.

XDestr0yah

Pokémon Freak
    Years
  • Is it normal that the Piplup and its evolutions have a different growth rate than Turtwig or Chimchar?
    I tried to play this with all starters and I noticed that the Piplup family was on a lower lvl than the Turtwig and Chimchar family. I've done exactly the same run. Weird, isn't it?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Yep, totally worked, glad to see there are tiles now, and an exit, can't have enough of those.

Thanks for the quick fixes by the way, really appreciate it.

EDIT: Eeveelutions are now working fine aswell, you're right, must have been a patch thing, just got myself my pretty new Espeon
    Nice! Glad you're enjoying it.

Sorry, i forgot ro read the Readme file. But i found something else, i don´t know if it has to do with my rom but in the elevator of telmurk city it always says that i´m on the first floor even when i´m in other floors.
    Ah, I actually knew about this but forgot to add it to the README. Either way, I've managed to fix it, so if you redownload it should function properly now!

Hey,
    I really enjoy playing Pokémon Gaia. Best hack i've ever played.
    But I think I've found a bug. When I level up my magneton in the Telmurk Warehouse (the northeast one with the electromagnetic generator) nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong here? I tried all the other Warehouses (at least I think so...) but still nothing happened.
    Sorry for any bad grammar, I'm from Belgium.
    Btw, I have currently no idea where to go to in the game. I've just beaten the Telmurk City Gym.
    Thank you! The new evolution methods are currently bugged, yes, although I've yet to add alternate methods for the location evolutions, unfortunately.

After you defeat Sid, you need to go to the Telmurk City Game Corner; I understand this isn't very obvious so I plan to make it slightly more obvious in future releases.

Your English is fine, by the way!

the bug with the elevator in telmurk city department store was just like the bug in the game corner. example when you choose chatot she will give you dratini as for the elevator when you choose 5f the elevator will send you to 3f but thats not a big deal also try checking the poster in the 3f some weird letters is appearing and i think i was talking to my rival HAHAHAHAHA! sorry RIP english. xD
    Fixed if you redownload, thanks!

Hey Spherical Ice. I have been playing your hack for a while and i'm having fun. I do have a few questions like are u planning to add in missing evolutions in the game such as roggenrola because there is nothing in the read me text that says anything about him
    I'm glad you're enjoying it. I don't see why Roggenrola's evolution method would need to be in the README; it's no different than in the official games.

1)Yes, i know that it was minor, i just wanted to tell.
    2)But in the game corner when i asked for a chatot i gave me a chatot, the same with dratini.
    3)Hahaha i didn't notice the poster bug because i didn't read it, it's really weird.
    I also found other minor bugs such as when you're in precimos island if you surf the surf music doesn't appear. And the pokemon printer somtimes doesn't print every pokemon i have.
    I've noted the surf music bug in the README, thanks. Which Pokémon don't get printed on the Trainer Card?

Is it normal that the Piplup and its evolutions have a different growth rate than Turtwig or Chimchar?
    I tried to play this with all starters and I noticed that the Piplup family was on a lower lvl than the Turtwig and Chimchar family. I've done exactly the same run. Weird, isn't it?
    Turns out the Piplup line had the "Medium" levelling rate, instead of "Medium-Slow"... so technically they're levelling up faster than they should. Not sure.

You can redownload to fix the elevator.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2016
    Earthquake, ice beam, thunderbolt, flametheower....are any of these obtainable...i searched far and wide, but nothing yet!

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2024
    Umm currently there is a bug where false swipe does not leave 1 health left it just faints the opponent.

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2020
    I've noted the surf music bug in the README, thanks. Which Pokémon don't get printed on the Trainer Card?
    The last one, but it only happened the first time, the second time i tried every pokemon were there. Also i didn't find anywhere in the readme about the surf music, maybe i it's in an updated readme that i don't have?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Earthquake, ice beam, thunderbolt, flametheower....are any of these obtainable...i searched far and wide, but nothing yet!
    You can get the TM for Ice Beam by getting that poor girl in Windmist City a Red Scarf. Thunderbolt's TM is VERY hidden in Precimos Stretch, and you can't use the Itemfinder to find it. Flamethrower is in Telmurk Outskirts.

i can't beat the first gym because the game freezes when clefary uses double-slap. it freezes when fighting dweeble and drillbur too.
    Are you sure you've patched on a 1635 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels) ROM dump? Either way, you may just need to redownload the patch and repatch a clean ROM.

Umm currently there is a bug where false swipe does not leave 1 health left it just faints the opponent.
    Fixed, thanks.

The last one, but it only happened the first time, the second time i tried every pokemon were there. Also i didn't find anywhere in the readme about the surf music, maybe i it's in an updated readme that i don't have?
    Which Pokémon specifically was it, though? With regards to the README, that's what I meant: I've added it now.

You can redownload to fix the Sucker Punch bug (where it didn't display "But it failed!" when used against a status move) and a few other minor things.

I've also, unfortunately, had to revert the change where I made the Organize Boxes option at the top of the list, simply because it was too buggy. Maybe one day I'll do it properly, haha.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2018
    I've also noticed the really wierd bug in the Ferre ruins.
    On the (last?) floor every time you move, you encounter a pokemon. So the encounter rate is set at 100% which is wierd. Even more wierd is its ALWAYS a sunflora, at a random level 8-99 is the range I've seen personally.
    It also happens if you surf on the first floor.

Back