• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gaia Version

Years
  • That was a beautifully crafted game! Thoroughly enjoyed every minute.

Just beat the elite four with:

Empoleon, Glaceon, Excadrill, Mega Altaria, Chandelure and Breloom.

Best Rom Hack currently imo

PerceptioN95

ポケモントレーナ とみい
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2024
    Made a .cia of this romhack over at "the place" if anyone is interested in playing this on their 3ds.

Years
  • My team for this game is:
    Torterra, Zebstrika, Mega Aggron, Talonflame, Walrein, and Mien Shao.
    A pretty good rom hack i do like if the orange archipelago being added and some post game stuff that still related to the story, hope you excell and can upload the new ver.4 quickly when its ready
    Thanks, yo're a wonderfull person wathever your name is dear creator thanks for the pretty good hack and yo're missing 1 rom recommendations "Pokemon Prism"

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2018
    Hey all. Question for the creator of this hack or anyone knowledgeable:

Is Gaia compatible with any of the mainstream save file editors? I like to extract and implant PKM files after I complete hacks and transfer them forward to main series games. I tried A-Save and got a corrupted save file upon loading. Any suggestions?

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    Hello, Spherical Ice,

i don't know if it was already posted here, just wanted to let you know about a really weird bug:

When I use Luxray in a battle and my opponent mega-evolves, any attack I use damages myself instead of my opponent. I tested it numerous times just to be sure and it didn't happen with any other Pokémon, just Luxray.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2019
    Fellow game dev here,

Just chiming in to say how fantastic this game (really, it's unfair to diminish it as a "hack" at this point) was coded, edited, polished, and well, everything that everyone else here has mentioned already. It's amazing to see somehow who shares the same passion for the series as myself turn that into a tangible game which goes above and beyond at recreating the authentic Pokemon experience. At the risk of sounding redundant--to say this hack is exceptional and unique is an understatement, so congrats on finishing the main story!

Onto my specific likes and dislikes:

* Pokemon selection is fantastic and balanced. A few fan favorites were missing early on such as Riolu, Togepi, Zorua, Trapinch, Axew, and maybe others that I can't think of at the moment. Overall though, the logistic reasons for Pokemon selection was sensible and fitting, and had an uncanny resemblance to how GF organizes/structures their Pokemon selections. I could be more specific but I think you get the idea.

* Mega Evolution implementation blew me away. Who would've thought GBA hacks would receive these kinds of features around the time Glazed and Light Platinum came out? The cleanness and polish of the function defines this game as the next generation of Pokemon hacks. As an aside, Mega Altaria with Dragon Dance, Return, and Earthquake sweeps quite literally everything not named Skarmory once you get it. I only wish the 3 Hoenn starters and their Megas were obtainable, especially considering they seem to be some of the most popular Megas out there.

* Story is very good, although there were a few moments where I could tell the limitations of the hacking engines were holding back the narrative. It's not easy to write a thorough story anyways using only the 2D utilities of a GBA rom, so this isn't really a gripe as much as it is an observation. I did really like the circular narrative and the worldbuilding was very nice, although a little force-fed at times. There was also a lot of off-screen action; like how we don't see the 3 Regis even though we learn that the Elder Knights capture them multiple times. Again--just observations. Nothing needs to be fixed here, really.

* Loved the QoL features. These are so underrated in ROM hacks that if some hacks don't include certain features/fixes I might just stop playing altogether. IV grades are something that everyone should implement, and god help me if I don't receive my Premier Ball after buying ten Poke Balls.

* Mapping was good, although not very consistent. I figured out quickly where hidden grottoes were because I realized they only popped up when certain tilesets were used. If possible, some hidden grotto tiles for the jungle tileset or the snowy forest tileset could be very nice (perhaps even underwater caves or rabbit holes could be utilized). Personally I think all of the Hoenn assets should be replaced with the Sinnoh tree tiles, but that's an arduous task I would never push on a fellow dev--mapping is already hell as is.

* This game would be very well-rounded out if it had an original soundtrack, but that's not an easy thing to ask for. I guess it was just a bit offsetting to hear the museum theme in the hometown and then all the Hoenn tracks that I've heard probably over 10,000 times pop up in different towns and routes. Just a personal gripe, and by all means not a big one. For what it's worth, I loved the original tunes that did play here and there, such as the Elder Knights' theme.

There's so much more I could type here but I think it's more than evident that others have left enough feedback to keep you busy for years. So all I'll say is congrats again on completing the main story and nothing but the best of luck in finishing the hack! I haven't had this much fun playing a rom hack since Vega, and it's even more exciting for me to know that you're still chugging away making this game the best it can possibly be. Cheers!

NeverPatient

"Rather enjoying my own company"
    Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2018
    Bruh..
    I just finished V 3.1 (I mean the League) and all I could say is this hack is really amazing. Kudos to all of you who created and have been contributing on this hack. Not gonna lie, this is my favourite hack at the moment. Just awesome. Everything is nearly perfect, love how added Pokémon cries are exist in this hack and those move learned by them are nearly accurate.

Btw I have some suggestions :D

Actually I'm still thinking about Flabébé who didn't learn Lucky Chant at Lv.10 when it was supposed to. So I hope you guys can re-check and fix in V4. Also in Hall of Fame three of my Pokémons didn't show their actual sprites. My Florges, Gourgeist and Braviary showed as Crobat, Camerupt and other which I forgot. I hope it can be fixed soon.

Btw my full party was consist of Gourgeist, Florges, Infernape, Quagsire, Braviary and Aggron. I'd love to see your opinion about it btw ahahaha xD

Thanks for your hardwork, all of you. It is a high quality hack.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2019
    Anyone knows where to get Tyrunt's fossil (Jaw Fossil)?

I couldn't find it in the locations lists.

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2024
    Also in Hall of Fame three of my Pokémons didn't show their actual sprites. My Florges, Gourgeist and Braviary showed as Crobat, Camerupt and other which I forgot. I hope it can be fixed soon.

Fixing that would break the backward compatibility of save files (aka you'd have to start over from the beginning) and Spherical Ice has already said that v3 saves are intended to work on v4, so I wouldn't expect a fix any time soon, especially since it's just a dumb aesthetic thing.

Last edited:

NeverPatient

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2018
    Fixing that would break the backward compatibility of save files (aka you'd have to start over from the beginning) and Spherical Ice has already said that v3 saves are intended to work on v4, so I wouldn't expect a fix any time soon, especially since it's just a dumb aesthetic thing.

Oh wow..okay then. I understand that it's just a really small problem but yeah..who knows if the creator want to do so. But if that's the case it's completely fine. Thanks for the info.

NeverPatient

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2018
    Anyone knows where to get Tyrunt's fossil (Jaw Fossil)?

I couldn't find it in the locations lists.

I just checked the location list doc and it was in there.

The description said: "From the Ruin Maniac walking around on the outcropping down the stairs accessed through the grass patch south of the entrance to Frostbite Cave on the Edashore side of the route."

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    I entered the elite four n save right In front of the first member on the right but all he says is what I can assume is the defeated dialogue n no door opens, did I do something? I'm stuck in the room now

Years
    • Seen today
    I want to report a bug. My diggersby and infernape both have Uturn. My diggersby has a choice scarf. I used uturn with infernape, go into diggersby. The problem is diggersby is now locked into uturn. I didn't use any moves with diggersby so I shouldn't be locked in right?

Back