• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
They are in the game according to sources, but they just haven't been officially announced, though. Not sure if they ever will be, but I really hope so. Haha.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
I wasn't sure if those were real either haha. Diancie is cute, I don't really like the other two, to be honest. Mega Latios looks really cool, he looks like an airplane xD

What do you guys think about the theory that they're inside the Power Plant behind the locked doors?

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
I think that rumor is plausible. There's a rumor that states only one of the three is in the Power Plant. Another Pokémon is associated with the Couriway railroad (by the same rumor) and the third one is associated with the Lumiose Ghost Girl (by the same rumor). There's a thread about it in the XY section. Whether or not they actually exist? I hope not. I don't really like their designs but I'm there's a good chance that they are real. Hopefully their events will clear at least one of the few mysteries of X and Y.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
The Pokémon are real enough, people managed to get them out of the code and their names are legit going by requesting them in the GTS system. I'd also say it's more than likely they'll end up being released down the track - basically they're just the event Pokémon of this gen. Of course, how you get them is another matter, and the Power Plant is a possibility.

Last edited:
Years
I still haven't even seen any of these 3 Pokemon yet, but then again, I'm continuing to avoid X/Y stuff like the plague until I actually get around to beating the game.

It wouldn't surprise me if it takes a while for Hoopa (man, I love that name), Diancie and Volcanion to be officially revealed, similar to Shaymin and Arceus. From what I remember, it might've even taken 2 years after the release of Diamond & Pearl before Arceus was acknowledged. I sure hope the same doesn't happen to these three, but a long wait might not necessarily surprise me.

Wobbu

Years
What I want to know is: are they a trio with relations to one another (like Uxie, Azelf, and Mesprit) or are they coincidentally a trio with no relations (like Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus)? If they aren't related, then it would be really good if they were released parallel to a spin-off like Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus (PMD: Explorers of Time/Darkness, PMD: Explorers of Sky, and Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs respectively). What the Mega Lati@s though? Will they have any significance?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I don't think they're related, unfortunately. If they were, their size and body structure would've been similar, like legendary birds, beasts, kami, Swords of Justice (excluding Keldeo, since it originally wasn't a part of the group), all other trios. Mega Latias and Latios seem to be in the games, too, but they just haven't been officially confirmed, though. ): Hope they do it soon. Also, this makes me wonder if there are other mega-evolutions out there? Personally, I'd really like to see mega Typhlosion and Dragonite, haha.

Wobbu

Years
There may be a couple but I don't think we'll get more until future games. The whole mechanic of Mega Evolution is awkward IMO. Only a few Pokémon have one, with many inconsistencies. The Pokémon basically get some extra skin and an increase of power (or witness their child suddenly age). I still haven't used a Megamon since X and Y were released (except Lucario but I was forced). Their existence is still unclear but hopefully the anime or manga will clear it up.

Shhmew

Years
Yeah, the fact that which Pokemon got a mega evolution was soo incredibly inconsistent has me believing more will definitely be released in the future, whether that be in the next game or not until gen 10, I dunno, I just think it'd be odd if they just stopped here with this random selection.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Oh, they definitely aren't done with the mega-evolution system just yet. :p In one of his interviews, Junichi Masuda stated he'd like to see every single Pokémon get a mega-form one day, so, yeah. Also, I personally don't find the feature awkward or anything; to me, it's actually pretty interesting. It does seem like something Digimon would do, but hey, at least they're experimenting new things!

Years
Hopefully by that, Junichi Masuda means that all final evolution Pokemon may get Mega Evolutions one day, since I'm not so sure a Mega Metapod or Mega Bidoof would be crowd-pleasers. But I'd have to agree there's no way they'd stop with just this random selection, considering just 2 Pokemon in the last 3 generations (both from Sinnoh) even got one.

Shhmew

Years
Oh, they definitely aren't done with the mega-evolution system just yet. :p In one of his interviews, Junichi Masuda stated he'd like to see every single Pokémon get a mega-form one day, so, yeah.
Oh, really? Well I guess that's one way to not make any Pokemon that can't evolve [anymore] feel left out... :D

I found the concept a little awkward, but I'll get over it. I think my biggest gripe is the designs, I really don't like most of them, they're so... excessive I guess. (most of them! I really love a few, like Mega Absol and Banette and a few others)

Excited to see future mega evolutions... certain Pokemon, I will be very sad if they turn out gross/ugly. For example, the Eeveelutions. >.<

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
It's good to hear that they're not done with mega evolutions yet. It's a pretty cool concept. My only problem with it is that when a Pokemon gets a mega evolution, that pretty much confirms that it won't be getting any additional evolution stages, which is kinda disappointing for some Pokemon like Heracross.

The same with Dragonite. It really bothered me it didn't get a mega evolution when the other big series dragons did

I've always wondered...what would Dragonite's mega stone be called? Dragoniteite? o_o

Wobbu

Years
Going back to the Diancie, Hoopa, and Volcanion subject, does anyone else think that Diancie and Carbink have a lot in common?

Spoiler contains large pictures and info about Diancie.
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Oh, the thing under Diancie--is that actually rock? I've always thought it was some cloud-like thing of sorts, but I guess I was wrong. xD" Yeah, they do have a lot of similarities, don't they? Perhaps Diancie could be a mutated form of Carbink?

Shhmew

Years
I've heard a lot of things, such as very similar attributes in terms of stats (very high defenses with rather low offenses) and what they are based off of (Carbink = Carbon, Diancie = Diamond) but I can't for the life of me figure out how they'd be related.

Years
Hmm, can't say I'm surprised that it's been revealed, but I'm still interested in all of the similarities between the two. Something in my mind is saying that they'll have some sort of connection, though they may not be related through evolution (the best comparison I can think of is Mew and Mewtwo, but that's hardly the same thing).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back