• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
  • Moving away from old cries to new ones, does anyone else find Diggersbys cry to be very...unsettling??
    Sounds like the guy is having a massive throw-up attack

Years
  • Moving away from old cries to new ones, does anyone else find Diggersbys cry to be very...unsettling??
    Sounds like the guy is having a massive throw-up attack

I always think Diggersby's cry is hilarious, but you gotta love how it lands on one of its ears when it enters the battle. That's gotta be awesome I have to say.

As for other 6th Gen Pokemon cries, I really love those of the Honedge line, and Sylveon. Sylveon's is like, super adorable. Vivillon's one is really cool as well. And something funny about that trainer in the Battle Chateau who uses a Flabebe, its cry is actually Floette's cry. Someone must have slipped there hahahaha.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • I always think Diggersby's cry is hilarious, but you gotta love how it lands on one of its ears when it enters the battle
    As ugly as his cry might be, thats true, he does enter the battle like a freaking boss. He still reminds me of the Nesquick mascot though xD

Years
  • Spoiler:

As far as Pikachu's cry in X/Y goes, I wish they would've either gone all in with the rest of the Pokemon too (which would've been difficult with all of the localizations), or left the cries the way they were. I can't recall too many of the Pokemon that have had their cries changed off the top of my head, but it seems silly that they decided to change them up now, when they had the opportunity to do it when the technology was good enough in the 3rd/4th gen games.

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
    Years
  • I actually really like Diggersby's cry! I remember evolving my Bunnelby and seeing Diggersby for the first time. Shock! And then the icing on the cake - that burping cry. So incredibly fitting! I was in hysterics seeing and hearing Diggersby for the first time. My first thought was some kind of overweight truck driver with a beer belly. It's strangely adorable in a way. Actually, thinking about it, I'm reminded of that truck driver/construction worker/whatever he is guy from Futurama. I guess I like the cry because it's so memorable and full of character. Probably a similar reason why I like Kricketune's cry so much.

Phantump's cry was also mentioned and is one of my favorites. Every time one pops up, I impulsively repeat it back out loud, haha! :P "oooooooooooo!" I guess Heliolisk's cry gets a similar reaction from me in that I repeat it often (though not as much as I copy Phantump's).

Last edited:

Glameow

Purrrfect~
    Years
  • Arg, Pikachu...why u so different? I like the little ring that Marill seems to have. Panchayat too because it sounds like it's name

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • Since we are talking about Pokemon cries and Kricketune was mentioned, here you go. What if Pokemon were named after their cries:

Spoiler:

Made me laugh quite hard the first time i saw it

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Hahaha, Kricketune. x) Back when I still had Platinum, I used to open up its dex entry and mess around with its cry, trying to make some tune. It was extremely fun.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back