• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
Years
  • What is this? Am I like a trend-setter or something? Oh never mind that. For some reason I thought that cries in X and Y were the same until I got to Snorlax.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • I just love how the sprite of Snorlax has progressed from him lying down to standing up. It may have taken only six generations to complete it, but he looks do darn proud of himself for his feat.

193c9e8up2wcmjpg.jpg

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
    Years
  • I just love how the sprite of Snorlax has progressed from him lying down to standing up. It may have taken only six generations to complete it, but he looks do darn proud of himself for his feat.

193c9e8up2wcmjpg.jpg

The small things people notice are always the best :p Every time I step in PGen, I learn something new. First I learned that Kricketune is PC's lord and saviour, and then Snorlax has been spending over 10 years trying to get up.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years

193c9e8up2wcmjpg.jpg
    lol that's a hilarious catch. But what about the next generation? Will it be levitating? 0_o

First I learned that Kricketune is PC's lord and saviour
    We all know that's Stunfisk's position :P

Years

193c9e8up2wcmjpg.jpg

lol that's a hilarious catch. But what about the next generation? Will it be levitating? 0_o
    After nearly 2 decades of doing its best to stand up, I'll be disappointed if the next step isn't levitation. Or falling face first- I could see that too.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Wow, I've never actually noticed that. XD;; Next gen, maybe it would be sitting back down? After that, I'd imagine it to be laying on its side like Slacking.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • After nearly 2 decades of doing its best to stand up, I'll be disappointed if the next step isn't levitation. Or falling face first- I could see that too.

That would actually be pretty hysterical if the next few generations he's just steadily falling forward until he falls right on his face and then gets back into his initial Gen 1 pose xD

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • Haha that would be awesome xD Im still proud of Snorlaxs accomplishment though.
    And since we are talking about progression, lets not forget Pikachus diet:

Spoiler:

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
    Years
  • Haha that would be awesome xD Im still proud of Snorlaxs accomplishment though.

Spoiler:

I see Pikachu's gotten off those super sweet Pecha berries, and has moved on to a more healthy Payapa berry. I heard they're good for the mind :P

(props if you get it)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Haha that would be awesome xD Im still proud of Snorlaxs accomplishment though.

Spoiler:
    Wow, it really is obvious when you list the sprites like that. What happened, chubby rodent simply wasn't cute when the nineties ended? :s I like Yellow or Gold Pikachu best.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years

• Wow, it really is obvious when you list the sprites like that. What happened, chubby rodent simply wasn't cute when the nineties ended? :s I like Yellow or Gold Pikachu best.

Yeah if you look at them side by side you can tell!! I guess it wasnt, too bad...the Anime did the same
    I really like Gold Pikachu as well! :D

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If you look at these sprites closely, you could notice that it's trying to cheer… or dance, I suppose. xD;; Wonder how it would be if they were put together into an animation?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Haha I never looked at sprites in succession like that before. But it's true xD

By the way, don't forget to enter the Pokemon Manga Caption Contest today! Entry phase will likely close tomorrow. :3

Years
    • Age 36
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 16, 2016
    Well, Pika is supposed to be the speediest in it's evolutionary chain. No offence, but no one would think a tubby mouse would be a speed demon

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Their main objective back then was to make Pikachu as cute as they possibly can without worrying about anything, and they succeeded. Though, I really like that they've put more thought into it over the years, and decided to make the Pokémon slimmer. :3 Would've preferred it if it were just a little more chubby, but oh well; no biggie.

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
    Years
  • Their main objective back then was to make Pikachu as cute as they possibly can without worrying about anything, and they succeeded. Though, I really like that they've put more thought into it over the years, and decided to make the Pokémon slimmer. :3 Would've preferred it if it were just a little more chubby, but oh well; no biggie.

The cheeks need a little more fat imo :3 slightly chubby Pikachu is the cutest Pikachu.
    025.png
    025.png
    025.png
    025.png
    025.gif
    pikachu.gif

Those are ordered by generation. Take your pick. My favourite's personally the Gen 3 one, since it's the right size :P

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm loving the sixth-gen one; not too chubby, and not too skinny--just perfect. Third-generation version isn't too bad, either. Gen one Pikachu seems to have a bloated stomach, and so does gen two. As for four and five, well, they're just slim. d:

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • Gen6 one gets my vote as well, for the same reason Peitharchia has mentioned (:
    2nd place would have to be Gen3 for looking so cheerful

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back