• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General DCC

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    >.< Thing is, the only reason ground-types are resistant to electricity is that they are grounded. Literally. But if they aren't, like if they are falling or jumping, they should be just as easy as others to zap. Unless their skin is like a cage or something, conducting the lightning away from the sensitive organs or idk.

But that Brock battle in the anime, haha... No.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I always felt that in the Anime the went down to Pokemon only doing 4 moves to match the games a little more. But a better explanation would be that some moves are strong variations of others and some require a lot of energy from the pokemon so trying to do more than four would exhaust your Pokemon. Four makes it so they have an arsenal and at the same time don't have too much stress. A great example is Ash's Infernape learning Flare Blitz in place of Flame Wheel. It makes since because one is stronger and switch between rolling in flames and charging in flames could stress the body too much.

Except ''Flare Blitz'' is a Rickey move with Recoil damage So its better to use this Move only at right timing .
    So , ''Flame Wheel'' seem more useful attack to use until the Pokemon need more power.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Thread hasn't been posted in in over a week? D: *throws Revive on thread*

So what do we want to talk about now, everyone?

How about we talk about Pokemon Doujinshi ? We never talk about that!
    There is a very popular Pokemon Doujinshi call ''Pokemon Dating a Team Magma grant'' .
    The main character is Brenden.
    He isn't trying to be a champion or saving the world Because he already done all that.
    He just .............................. Date a Team Magma grant .
    That it , He just date a grant ! Even though ORAS has so many hot & Badass girl , He just date a grant.
    Thats it , Nothing else !
    WHY THE HACK ITS SO POPULAR ????

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Aside from PC, I was an active member of Pokémon Elite 2000 back when it was still an existing forum; have had tons of great memories there! Unfortunately, its staffers wound up stopping to keep up with the place around 2011 or so, and from that point forward, PE2K seemed to have went downhill.

As for Pokémon Black and White, I haven't played those games in ages. I should try giving them another go at some point!

Years
    Can't say it's a game i've ever heard of. I haven't played any hacks really so i'm not much beyond the main series. (But I have seen videos of some hacks)

Years
    I feel kinda bad that I sold my BW2 games because the one thing that I miss the most about them was battling all of the old champions and Gym leaders in the Pokemon World Tournament. ._.

You sold them? Oh dear goodness, please tell me you're not one of those idiots that thinks that the adventure is just the same game as BW.

There are people who just tend to dislike a Pokémon game, and I won't blame them for that. But somee people give me the vibe that they barely even touched it, or at the least didn't take it seriously or weren't paying enough attention. (looking at you Peitharchia)

But if you're one of those people that doesn't care about Generation V as a whole, then carry on. I know I probably sound rude here but yeah, I clearly have a problem.

Years
    I'm pissed that there is no longer the WiFi thing. I cant trade or battle, and even worse, I cant use that cool forest thingy and Dream World. Seriously it just pisses me off.

Years
    Oh, okay. That's fine too. Yeah, a lot of people stopped caring for the DS games once DS Wi-Fi was no more. And if you were out for the money you could get back, I won't blame you.

Me? I still get plenty of enjoyment out of them even without the Wi-Fi.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    I still like gen 5, even without Wifi. It has the coolest sprites out of all Pokemon games (I just really like those animated battle sprites, partially even more than the 3D models from gen 6) and a ton of cool gen 5 Pokemon. It's also the generation that has the best story, imo. Although, I feel like that's not that hard to achieve. xD

Years
    I still like the game too. I just wish I could play with other people too. I have yet to play and trade with people overseas, I'm still stepping into the more advanced Pokemon generations.
    Too bad flight you had to give up on your PMD:Sky, I hope you'll get it again soon.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Wait... Nintendo Wifi is not a thing anymore?
    Sorry if this sounds extremely noob, but I haven't played any main series games after the first Black and White games, what happened to the Nintendo Wifi? Battling over wifi was pretty much all I did back when I still had my copy of "White" on my DSi.

Did they replace it in the sixth generation with something better that was more appropriate for the 3DS?

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    So trading and competitive online is still a thing, just in a more advanced implementation (which I assume is only compatible with the 3DS)?

Also, that really sucks if they just completely got rid of Nintendo Wifi, it's like they took away one of the old Nintendo DS's defining features. I can understand why they did it, but it's nonetheless annoying.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    I think there's this project where people try to create their own server that allows people to play DS games online, but, tbh. I haven't heard of them for quite a while. I also don't know if they are going to include the Pokemon games as well.

Years
    I know that Pokemon was one of the main reasons that they were trying to create their own servers for DS games, but as far as I know, they only got it working properly for Diamond and Pearl (and since I've got neither, I haven't been able to test that out myself).

I still think it was a poor idea to cut off the online servers for DS and Wii games, especially considering B/W2 hadn't even been out a year yet when they shut them down. Granted, I didn't play the 4th and 5th gen games online a whole lot to begin with, but I know a lot of people still used it for competitive battling and trading right to the end, so it did suck to see them have to go like that.

Years
    ^ Actually, it hadn't been two years after B2W2's release before the Wi-Fi was shut down. It was a year after that release that XY came, and then it wasn't until February 2014 that the announcement came that Wi-Fi was no more. There were some fun things I was able to do online I recall having fun with.

Years
    So trading and competitive online is still a thing, just in a more advanced implementation (which I assume is only compatible with the 3DS)?

Also, that really sucks if they just completely got rid of Nintendo Wifi, it's like they took away one of the old Nintendo DS's defining features. I can understand why they did it, but it's nonetheless annoying.

Basically, everything before X/Y can no longer be played online. Trades, battles, nothing. ONLY locally (two or more consoles close to each other). You can still transfer Pokemon from one game to another, also locally ofc.
    Yeah, it sucks.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    That's really dumb, ignoring the competitive battling I used to do in pokemon on wifi, I also used to do other things for example I used to play Mario Kart online on my DS as well. That's really disappointing that they would shut it down considering how fun and succesful it was overall.

Back