• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon General Poll #26 - Favorite Flying Pokémon

Years
    Tough pick, but I've always liked Pidgeot. It's always a friendly reminder of the days of playing Pokémon Red/Blue.

Pokémon General Poll #26 - Favorite Flying Pokémon

Incredibly nostalgic back-sprite, indeed.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Back in the day, it would have been Dodrio for getting Drill Peck and Tri Attack, but recently, I've discovered the awesomeness that is Crobat, and I've used it heavily in both XD and DPPt. Its blazing fast Speed has proven to be a major asset, and it hits pretty hard too :)

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    I choose Sigyliph from my sheer respect for it able to defeat half of my pokemon in white. It such a beast, I tell you.

Minishcap

Fecaloma
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2012
    I choose Sigyliph from my sheer respect for it able to defeat half of my pokemon in white. It such a beast, I tell you.

Don't remind me. Caitlin's god damn Sigyliph almost raped my entire team. My 3DS was close to flying out the window.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2012
    Doduo, hands down. It's fast and looks so cool!

I've never liked the ones you find in the beginning of the game like Pidgey; it seems like you're almost forced to use them because they're so common.

Years
    Doduo, hands down. It's fast and looks so cool!

I've never liked the ones you find in the beginning of the game like Pidgey; it seems like you're almost forced to use them because they're so common.

Doduo was one of my favorite birds cos of its two heads. My brother loved it (he loves birds so obviously he likes Flying-type Pokemon).

It's just a surprise that it can actually learn Fly.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I like a lot competitively but imma have to go with Gliscor, so many of its sets are really useful on teams and it's really adorable too! (Yes, adorable).

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2012
    Also annoying(ly cute). I remember almost getting gaming-roid rage over all those Emolga's using Volt Switch.

Haha, the fourth gym was impossible! It took me more tries to beat Elesa than the entire elite four plus the boss battles at the end, all because of those darn Emolgas!

When I battled Elesa, I didn't have any trouble against her.

I defeated all her Pokemon using only my Zebstrika (who is female).

That's really clever! I didn't even think of trying to go at her with electric-types. I thought my Boldore would get me through, but her Emolgas were immune to my ground moves. (Plus my Boldore had horrible defense). Eventually I went the brute force route and leveled up enough to survive.

Next time I play through I will definitely do it Hikari10 style. That is a neat strategy.

Last edited:

Minishcap

Fecaloma
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2012
    Haha, the fourth gym was impossible! It took me more tries to beat Elesa than the entire elite four plus the boss battles at the end, all because of those darn Emolgas!

Lol! Especially for me who was stupid enough not getting a Ground type who was atleast immune to Volt Switch.

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Pidgeot & Togekiss are my favorite flying types, Pidgeot is simply the original while I just can't stand Togekiss's overall cuteness overload. xD ;;

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Oh god. This one is pretty difficult because I love the majority of the Flying types. However, if I had to limit it down to three, it would have to be Togekiss, Pidgeot, and Swanna. Pidgeot was on a good few of my teams in the past, Togekiss is just simply adorable and I grew to simple adore it after I had one in Platinum, and Swanna is just amazing, with it being both Water and Flying and having Hurricane as a move.

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    My Favorite flying type Pokemon are Staraptor,Togekiss,Charizard and Aerodactyl.

Back