• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon General Poll #31 - Favorite Pokémon Trainer

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015

Lately we've been focusing on the Pokémon side of things, and while they're obviously very important to the series, so are the people behind it all. The trainers of these Pokémon have honed their skills, raised them with care, and become their masters, respected partners, and best friends. So, which trainer is your favorite of all the trainers? Keep in mind that the trainers can include trainers from the anime, manga, or games, so keep your mind open!​

Thanks to shengar for this week's poll idea!
    Have an idea for the Pokémon General poll? PM Toujours with it!

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Video games: Hilbert; I like his design; May comes in close for prettiness.

Anime: Ash; I like his headstrong personality and how he cares for his Pokemon; Tobias comes in close for having a nearly unstoppable Darkrai.

Manga: Emerald; I felt sorry for him during his childhood.

Years
    My fave Trainers:

Games: Hilda, Elesa, Bianca and Cheren.

Anime: Ash, Dawn, Iris, Cilan and Paul.

Manga: Don't know.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
    Games: For me it is Barry. He is somewhat like me, very reckless and impatient atimportant things. Steven is a close candidate.

anime: Ash. He is really determined in his dreams (which after five regions he has not yet achieved).

manga; I don't know.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
    Touko :: self explanatory xD;
    N :: GORGEOUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS <33333333
    Skyla :: Super awesome design <3
    Elesa :: Wittiest gym everrrr :D
    Iris :: Super puffy hair =D
    Bianca :: So clumsy :'D

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    I don't watch the anime or read the manga so I'll just say it in general terms. :3
    In no particular order:

Bianca is probably my favourite. She's cute and I like her style. As soon as I saw her in the beginning of White I thought, "oh my gosh she's cool." I am jealous of her hat. Also I like how she's the only rival that doesn't keep pursuing "Pokémon mastery" and actually forms a realistic goal. I think her character shows Pokémon training and being a "champion" is not for everyone and I like that.

N is just cool. He just is. Try to debate this and I will simply say "no you're wrong" because you would be if you tried to say N isn't cool.

I like Lance because he appeared in each generation. I grew up with him. :3 He was also my favourite supporting character in Gold because he was such an awesome help at defeating Team Rocket. He also gave me an HM and I'm always grateful whenever that happens. Oh and let's not forget DRAGON MASTER!!

Kris was the first girl character I got to play as in Pokémon, in fact I think she was the first female character I ever played as at all. Crystal was one of my favourite games and she was my favourite character to play as at the time. She's very special to me. <3

Cynthia is probably my favourite champion. I like that she's the only female champion and that she has a variety of Pokémon rather than focusing on one single type. I also like her battle music and the Pokémon she used. Some of the Pokémon she uses in her champion battle are some of my favourites to this day. I also think she's very beautiful and the little weird things hanging from her hair remind me of Umbreon, one of my favourite Pokémon. <3 She also has a really cool involvement in the story, just like Lance. So many things to like. n_n

I usually try to pick just one, but I don't feel like it this time. I prefer to leave it at this. :)

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    The only trainers that I've thought have had a modicum of personality are actually Jesse and James from the anime. I can't remember anything about Brock or Misty or Ash or whatever, but I can remember the Team Rocket intro theme nearly word-for-word, as well as most of their Pokemon up to when I stopped watching (Arbok, Weezing, Victreebel, Wobbuffet, Meowth etc.) They've obviously made more of an impact on me, so they get my vote almost by default.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Red from Pokemon Special would have to be my general favorite, between all the trainers from either the manga, game, or anime. Of course, people who've known me for a while would already know this, ahah! But, he's amazing, and even though it doesn't show, he's still one of my top favorite males protagonists in general.

There are other trainers that I really like as well but uh... Red. :'D

Palladium

2012 FTW!
    Years
    I don't really have a preference, but if I was to chose, it'd be Red. I like his design, and the fact he doesn't speak make me love him even more

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    Games: Red, Sabrina, Hoenn Gym Leaders :P
    Anime: Hoenn Gym Leaders, May and Drew
    Manga: all or...Red and Yellow.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Leaf. She's cute, she's tough, and she's definitely underappreciated, since a certain other, male, trainer keeps stealing her glory again and again (I still don't understand that n00b's popularity) ... she definitely needs more love, especially from the ones who created her in the first place. But yeah, Leaf is the ultimate trainer, and puts all others to shame with her awesomeness.

Other notable trainers include Giovanni, Blaine, Lorelei, Jasmine, Cipher Admin Ein, and Miror B.

As for the anime, maybe some of the cuter "characters of the day?" Because the main cast has always gotten on my nerves.

But yeah, Leaf-chan for the win! (Of course you were probably expecting me to say her lol)

Last edited:

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I've always had a soft spot for Cynthia since her first appearance in D/P. She has a calm vibe about her, she has fantastic hair and a cool outfit. As a champion, I've always found her to be one of the most toughest, especially with that darn Garchomp, on top of that the only female champion (besides the player), so yay for that.

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2011
    Anime: Non
    Game : Non
    Manga : Ruby,Diamond,Red,Gold,Blue,Yellow,Platinum,Sapphire,Crystal,Pearl (Gahhhhh! All Pokedex holders !)

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    Games: It would have to be Red because he seems so pro' in the games and N is pretty cool too.

Manga: Always will be to me, Blue/Leaf because she's like a character I would look up to or try to be like.

Anime: Gary because he makes a really good rival.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2017
    Games: Red. He's a BAMF. Also N.

Manga: Damn, that's really hard to decide. There are so many awesome characters there. I'd have to say either Gold, Ruby, or Blue (girl).

Anime: Well, most of the characters from that show just annoy me. If I had to pick, I'd say Gary.

Last edited:

The Lord of Smug
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Oct 17, 2013
    Games: Blue (the GS one) or Michael from XD.

Anime: James or Trip.

Manga: Yellow.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    Anime: Ash and Dawn and their way to train their Pokémon.

Manga: Well I don't know.

Video games: Brendan. He's first character I have ever played.

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    Anime: Kanto - Johto Brock. He was a really smart trainer and had some real potential.
    Game: Bruno - Fighting and rock are two of my favorite types, nuff said.
    Manga: Blaine - His story was cool, and I just enjoyed him in general.

Last edited:
    Back