• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon: Giovanni Origins [FULL RELEASE - PLAY JOHTO NOW!]

DaleFails

Pokémon: Giovanni Origins developer
Years
    • Seen today
    Thought I would pop by and ask if the current available version has Nature mints present in it. If not, do you have plans to add them in? The sequence to getting a starter Pokemon with a decent nature is far too long to soft reset through.

Hey! Yes the game has nature mints, there is a shop in Fuchsia City (around the second gym) where you purchase nature mints :) thanks for playing!

DaleFails

Years
    • Seen today
    Ladies and Gentlemen, the full release is here!

Version 2 has arrived!

This release includes Johto and a major new feature, Dark Pokémon!

This release will require you to start a brand new save. Your saves from any v1 of Pokémon: Giovanni Origins cannot be transferred. This is due to major changes in the Kanto segment of the game, resulting in missed content and bugs in Johto if you do not start a fresh save.

Pokémon: Giovanni Origins v2 - DOWNLOAD

Join the Discord. Report bugs here... I am sure there will be many to squash. Playtesting was down to me and one friend, there's only so much we can cover!

Join the Discord!

Finally, thank you to the almost 20,000 downloads of v1 of the game. Here's to hoping v2 can beat that! Thanks all!

13.png15.png

Amallah

Horror Maze Enthusiast
    Years
    • Seen today
    Looking forward to seeing what everyone thinks of Johto! I think you're all going to love it :smile:

Years
    • Seen today
    Hurray! Congratulations! -promptly downloads-
    Sad about the carry over but understandable, time to re-live the greatness and beyond!

Amallah

Horror Maze Enthusiast
    Years
    • Seen today
    question does the lavender tower thing work? i mean at the top with the old lady

Yep it's still in, make sure to chat with each NPC you come across, there'll be a prompt hinting for you to go there 🙂

also is there a way to get lucky egg?

I don't think it's in as I haven't gotten one after beating the game, but I definitely could have missed one somewhere.

DaleFails

Years
    • Seen today
    Looking forward to seeing what everyone thinks of Johto! I think you're all going to love it :smile:

Congratulations on the full release! I am so glad I held off on playing too much of the previous version! Super pumped to give this a spin!

Hurray! Congratulations! -promptly downloads-
    Sad about the carry over but understandable, time to re-live the greatness and beyond!

Finally 🎊🎊😭😭😭

Thanks all, it feels great to have the game out there and in your hands!

question does the lavender tower thing work? i mean at the top with the old lady

Yeah still works. As Amallah said, you will know when it is time to go back.

also is there a way to get lucky egg?

No Lucky Egg in the current version!

Years
  • The game is great the story is goodish. Graphic is pretty nostalgic. Couple things that irks me is some of the character models. If this game set 20 years before blue and red. Should oak be like 40 or so. He looks bout 20 and Agatha shouldn't look like she 20 more like 40. Elm should only be 10 or so since he looks bout late 20 early 30s in gold and silver. And Whitney should never be born since she only like 10 or 11 in canon. Over all good game. At best the game should set like 30 or 35 years before red and blue.

Days
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    I will look to make HMs into usable items rather than moves in the future. Leave this with me and I will add it to the list before the eventual Johto release. Thanks again! I do also need to look into the weird move animations too...!

Please look at the Game documentation linked for any questions on where to finds items.

Latest Patch (v1.0.8)!

Updates:
    • Pokémon Centre's given an internal visual overhaul to look more vintage.
    • Mint Shop added to Fuchsia City, allowing you to change the Nature of your Pokémon.
    Hey Dale, thanks for the V2, so far so awesome!!
    Question, where do you find the saved files? The only folders available that I see are "audio/fonts/plugins". Or are we not allowed to go back to a previous safe?

Amallah

Horror Maze Enthusiast
    Years
    • Seen today
    Hey Dale, thanks for the V2, so far so awesome!!
    Question, where do you find the saved files? The only folders available that I see are "audio/fonts/plugins". Or are we not allowed to go back to a previous safe?

Yeah you'll want to start a fresh save or you may run into an issue 10-15 minutes into Johto that won't let you progress. It'll be worth it though, a lot of stuff got added to Kanto!

Days
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Yeah you'll want to start a fresh save or you may run into an issue 10-15 minutes into Johto that won't let you progress. It'll be worth it though, a lot of stuff got added to Kanto!
    No no, I started a whole new game/save. That's not what I am referring to. I mean every time you save a state, usually there is a folder with all the save states, showing the times of each save state. That folder is nowhere to be found. Either I am missing something or we are only allowed one save state for the whole game.

Amallah

Horror Maze Enthusiast
    Years
    • Seen today
    No no, I started a whole new game/save. That's not what I am referring to. I mean every time you save a state, usually there is a folder with all the save states, showing the times of each save state. That folder is nowhere to be found. Either I am missing something or we are only allowed one save state for the whole game.
    Ah gotcha, sorry for misunderstanding! The save file should be in:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\GAMENAME

There's just the one though, it doesn't use save states like, say, a rom hack would/could.

Days
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Ah gotcha, sorry for misunderstanding! The save file should be in:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\GAMENAME

There's just the one though, it doesn't use save states like, say, a rom hack would/could.
    That's interesting. I didn't install anything anywhere, like you did in "C:". I just used 7zip to extract files onto desktop and the game starts without having to install anywhere. So I don't have those files you mention either. But it doesn't matter anyways. If we only have 1 save state available then that answers my question.
    Thanks 🙏

Days
    • Seen today
    question about the lavender tower with the old lady do i need something for that? the event at the top i mean

Days
    • Seen today
    ive tried the lavender tower top thing several times and i go to a hellish landscape with just a bunch of gravestones what do i do?

DaleFails

Years
    • Seen today
    Ladies and Gentlemen, v2.0.1 is here!

Bug fixes:
    - Fixed a bug where the player could surf in odd patches of Ecruteak Cave.
    - Removed the void the player can view in Ecruteak Cave.
    - Fixed a bug with the Viridian City spinning tiles where the player could get stuck.
    - Exp. Share can no longer be flung (not tested, but don't try!)
    - Fixed a bug where the Day Care holds your Pokémon hostage when an egg becomes obtainable.
    - Added a Move Deleter to Celadon City and the Championship Summit.
    - Reduces prices of Ability Capsule, Ability Patch and all vitamins.

Pokémon: Giovanni Origins v2.0.1 - DOWNLOAD

Transferring your save to a new version should be as simple as copying this file, from your current version, to the same place in the newly downloaded folder.

Screenshot 2024-04-24 200853.png

Back