• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Inclement Emerald: A Decomp Difficulty Hack [Version 1.13]

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Ahh all right. Will we see mons like Marshadow in 2.0 as gift pokemon? Or like find like Entei/Suicune/Raikou in previously visited areas. like Entei in Magma HQ etc.
    I'm hoping to have all legendaries/mythicals up to gen 4 available for 2.0 but we'll see, it might be better to release it earlier and add them later.
    This romhack is amazing. I have a blast playing it. It is definitely a challenge but never seems to be unfair. Not sure if I have played a better emerald qol hack.

But dude, your eeveelutions are busted. I mean, I am not complaining, its really nice to have a Jolteon with Freeze Dry and Giga Drain....
    Thanks! Yeah, probably should've made the reversion once per Eevee haha. Not sure I should change it now though!

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2022
    This hack was quite genius, but still lack some things. It's pretty damn hard but more fun tho.

- Add the DexNav Function. (QOL)
    - Include Dynamax Raid Battles. (Suggestion)
    - Include Egg Moves to the Move Relearner. (QOL)
    - Revamping Battle Frontier. (Incoming Update)
    - Make more Remarkable Pkmn Trainers we knew such as Red, Blue, etc. for Daily Rematch. (Suggestion)
    - Missing Gen 8 Pkmns. (Incoming Update)
    - Missing Legendary Pkmns including Ultra Beasts. (Incoming Update)
    - Move Tutors still lacking but currently decent as of now. (Incoming Update)

I know its too much but the game still rocks. Just sayin' its your rom hack anyway.
    Have a nice Rom Hacking Career.

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2022
    Howdy! I'm sorry if this question has been asked before. I'm on 1.3 on hardware (3ds), and vitamins don't work. They give the "Dad's Advice" dialogue. Is there a reason for this?
    + I'm playing on Challenge Mode, is there a reason my pokemon don't gain EVs? It's as if they can only gain EVs through Evie, which doesn't really fit my playstyle.
    Thank you! This is the best Emerald romhack I've ever played :]

Years
    • Seen today
    Howdy! I'm sorry if this question has been asked before. I'm on 1.3 on hardware (3ds), and vitamins don't work. They give the "Dad's Advice" dialogue. Is there a reason for this?
    + I'm playing on Challenge Mode, is there a reason my pokemon don't gain EVs? It's as if they can only gain EVs through Evie, which doesn't really fit my playstyle.

I'm this hack Vitamins give IVs instead of EVs. You've probably maxed out IVs if you're getting that message. If you want to gain EVs you either have to go to Evie or EV train with the Power Items and Wild Pokemon. The Power Items were changed to only give that specific EV so you can just buy them and grind with wild Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    This hack was quite genius, but still lack some things. It's pretty damn hard but more fun tho.

- Add the DexNav Function. (QOL)
    - Include Dynamax Raid Battles. (Suggestion)
    - Include Egg Moves to the Move Relearner. (QOL)
    - Revamping Battle Frontier. (Incoming Update)
    - Make more Remarkable Pkmn Trainers we knew such as Red, Blue, etc. for Daily Rematch. (Suggestion)
    - Missing Gen 8 Pkmns. (Incoming Update)
    - Missing Legendary Pkmns including Ultra Beasts. (Incoming Update)
    - Move Tutors still lacking but currently decent as of now. (Incoming Update)

I know its too much but the game still rocks. Just sayin' its your rom hack anyway.
    Have a nice Rom Hacking Career.
    Thanks! All of those except the dexnav and raid battles are planned at some point. The dexnav doesn't add much except for a shiny hunting method as you already get three perfect IVs on everything, and the current egg move system is much more balanced than the dexnav letting you find Boomburst Taillows on Route 104. The nav also needs quite a lot of save space to track encounters which I'd rather use for more PC storage, so that's why it isn't included.
    Heya, it sounds like you've downloaded one of the easy mode/infinite resource mods other people have made for IE. There's one that partially removes EVs and breaks the vitamins so I'm 99% sure that'll be the reason. Your save file should still work with regular IE, so you could switch to that without losing progress.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    As great as this looks, the forcing of shared EXP is a deal breaker for me. Taking away an option for no reason isn't something I can agree with; I think it was bad that the actual games did it, and it's just as bad here. The only purpose it serves is to make those who would turn the option off unhappy.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    The only purpose it serves is to make those who would turn the option off unhappy.
    That is completely untrue. The entire game was designed from the ground up with the EXP all in mind. Turning it off just removes over half of the trainer experience points from the game, which utterly ruins the level curve. Although trainer levels scale with the player, there is still an expected level curve that decides when opponents can/should have certain moves and mons, which has a far greater impact on difficulty/balance than levels. The only way to properly accommodate an optional EXP all would be adding another set of trainer data with completely different moves and mons, which is not something I'm going to do just because some people don't like the EXP all. If that's a deal breaker for you that's fine - you don't like a hack, don't play it! I don't make mods to please everyone (which is impossible anyway), I make what I want to make, and if other people enjoy it, great! If not, I'm not selling the hack, so it doesn't matter. It's just a hobby.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    Although trainer levels scale with the player
    ...I'm gonna be completely honest. I was looking at this hack very close to when I first woke up today. My tired brain somehow completely skipped the part about opponent's levels scaling with yours. That's my bad; honestly the EXP system seems a lot more needed now that I read that part. If the actual games had done that, it'd make the removal of that option a lot easier to swallow.

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Oof not having the dexnav is a slight bummer, I usually use it to see if there are encounters that I have yet to find in an area without needing to use an external document

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2023
    Sorry if someone has already asked this, but do you have any plans to add a double battle mode?

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2023
    Will the Pokemon Storage expansion break save compatability with old version saves? If so, is there gonna be any way to transfer over mons? I got a collection of Pokemon that are battle ready for the frontier patch whenever it gets here and don't really want to start from scratch. Imo 14 boxes is enough for most needs unless doing a living dex.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2023
    Hey Buffel, any chance you'd consider adding an item like Meloetta's Red Shoes? Basically a hold item that lets her start in pirouette form. Mostly since right now if you want to use pirouette form you have to waste a moveslot and a turn transforming, and relic song doesn't benefit from the physical EV spread either.

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2022
    Howdy! This is by far my favorite Pokemon RomHack of all time! Quick Question, is there plans to add a Mega Snorlax to the game? Thank you so much for your hard work!

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2023
    Hey there! The hack is a ton of fun, keep up the good work. Small bug to report: when I used Thunderbolt one time, one of the thunder clap noises (from the first 3 bolts in the animation) looped indefinitely, which was pretty loud lol. Saving and resetting fixed it, but I thought I'd report it. If you're looking for specifics, it was my alolan raichu vs watson's alolan raichu, his last pokemon, it was the killing blow, and it was from the enemy's red bar, I believe. Don't think I was in red bar though. ALSO (just a rant here) my boy Aggron needs SOMETHING in these hacks, poor guy is just vanilla in all the hacks I see. Idk WHAT... but something lol. Thanks for the hack!

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Sorry if someone has already asked this, but do you have any plans to add a double battle mode?
    No, that'd almost be a whole new hack - not something I could just add as a mode! If I set everything to doubles the AI would be heavily disadvantaged using singles-focused move sets in doubles.
    Will the Pokemon Storage expansion break save compatability with old version saves? If so, is there gonna be any way to transfer over mons? I got a collection of Pokemon that are battle ready for the frontier patch whenever it gets here and don't really want to start from scratch. Imo 14 boxes is enough for most needs unless doing a living dex.
    It will yeah. I likely won't expand boxes until the final update for the hack, so it'd be an optional update. Some way to transfer mons is a possibility.
    Hey Buffel, any chance you'd consider adding an item like Meloetta's Red Shoes? Basically a hold item that lets her start in pirouette form. Mostly since right now if you want to use pirouette form you have to waste a moveslot and a turn transforming, and relic song doesn't benefit from the physical EV spread either.
    Hey, I'd be more likely to buff Relic Song's effect chance - if it was essentially damaging Hypnosis (or slightly better) it'd be worth the move slot.
    Howdy! This is by far my favorite Pokemon RomHack of all time! Quick Question, is there plans to add a Mega Snorlax to the game? Thank you so much for your hard work!
    Thanks! No, Slack Off is all it really needed IMO - a mega would be overboard. It's pretty ridiculous with just that change!
    Hey there! The hack is a ton of fun, keep up the good work. Small bug to report: when I used Thunderbolt one time, one of the thunder clap noises (from the first 3 bolts in the animation) looped indefinitely, which was pretty loud lol. Saving and resetting fixed it, but I thought I'd report it. If you're looking for specifics, it was my alolan raichu vs watson's alolan raichu, his last pokemon, it was the killing blow, and it was from the enemy's red bar, I believe. Don't think I was in red bar though. ALSO (just a rant here) my boy Aggron needs SOMETHING in these hacks, poor guy is just vanilla in all the hacks I see. Idk WHAT... but something lol. Thanks for the hack!
    Thanks! What were you playing on? That was probably just a random battle engine freeze, but I'll keep an eye out for it - thanks for the bug report! Aggron got Dragon Dance via tutor in IE, and also has a new custom move in the next update.

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2022
    That's definitely fair, my reason for asking was less about balance, and more about liking his G-Max form.

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2023
    Thanks! What were you playing on? That was probably just a random battle engine freeze, but I'll keep an eye out for it - thanks for the bug report! Aggron got Dragon Dance via tutor in IE, and also has a new custom move in the next update.

I'm playing on mGBA, but yeah you're probably right about the engine freeze. I didn't see Aggron when I ctrl+f in the changes document, Dragon Dance is a cool addition. And a new custom move is SICK! I was thinking about it, and since what Aggron really needs is some kind of recovery, I'm hoping it'll be a life-steal move lol. Can't wait for the new update!

ARCEUS493ZELDA

ArcBolt27
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Pokémon Inclement Emerald: A Decomp Difficulty Hack [Version 1.13]
    finally got around to beating the main story the other day, did a little bit of postgame and i gotta say it was quite enjoyable

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2022
    Hey, keep the great work! This game is fantastic! I have a request, could you buff some fighting types a little bit more? Like Sawk, give it more speed and some cool ability, like Technician or something like that, a priority move could be nice too (Mach Punch), a buff to Throh could be nice too. Just buffs in general to the Fighting types that need it please!!

Back