• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Inclement Emerald: A Decomp Difficulty Hack [Version 1.13]

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2022
    is there any way I can teach my togekiss nasty plot? I can't find documentation and I wanted to try baton pass/nasty plot strats. thanks in advance

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Hey there! I just want to report a possible bug (this affected me and got in a soft lock). You can try to replicate it from your end.

Issue: Flower Gift lock
    Scenario: I was battling with a Parasol Lady trainer in Route 112 that has a Cherrim. I lead with Politoed (with Drizzle). After Cherrim sets up Sunny Day (the move, not the Drought ability from another Pokemon), it begins to transform (and it doesn't seem to use the correct sprite; it only had a black sprite. See attached). The turn after, I switched to another Pokemon (Pachirisu), and Cherrim begins to transform endlessly in between forms, eventually locking me in the game.

I'm not sure if this will occur on Drought-induced Sunny Day, but you can try this one as I'm actually intrigued to use Cherrim after the buffs given to her.

As always, many thanks for your hard work!

Attachments

• Pokémon Inclement Emerald: A Decomp Difficulty Hack [Version 1.13]
      flower_gift_bug.jpg
      50.6 KB · Views: 4
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    hey, this hack is just Awesome, but a request
    Can you make helioptle available earlier(like at route 110)
    can you add icicle crash and moonblast tutors

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    There seems to be a bug in the Pokedex. It's like I haven't caught a pokemon (Gastrodon) even if I have. Has this been fixed in the latest version? I'm using 1.10.1.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    Thanks! It's a recent-ish release. Yeah that's something quite a few people don't like haha, unfortunately making it an on/off setting and then rebalancing the game around that is tricky. Might be something to look at in a future version when things are more stable, but it's unlikely I'll do it (maybe someone else will).

yeah I can see that, if it matters I'm pretty sure those that want it, understand its a less convenient/more difficult way to play,
    and wouldn't want you to do any rebalancing/changes to make it easier on them, just being able to turn it off is enough.

Maybe put it in the options menu with the default being the current global exp state.

hopefully that'd be less work, no need to add extra dialogue, or add any other choices to the intro.

I'm a bit too busy to attempt the change myself, but that's my input on it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Been having a blast with this hack! I'm on my second playthrough now. A question about the porygon-z changes: does techno blast work as it does in the vanilla games (with held elemental drives)? If so, where can they be found? I didn't see anything about them in the official documentation.
    Thanks! Techno Blast works correctly but the drives are unobtainable for now.
    Is it possible to get fletchling and all the four forms of deerling?
    The Deerling forms aren't available yet, will be obtainable in future!
    Yes, but somehow reason Meloetta is bugged doesn't show up in the Pokedex (#648), so the info isn't available :/
    Ah right, the dex bug. Just keep levelling Meloetta up, it's not bugged unless you get to level 100 and haven't learned it!
    I think oshawott has the wrong ability, It should have shell armor as the hidden ability, but the one i got has weak armor. Not sure if the ability was purposefully changed to weak armor.
    Check the docs.
    Hey there! I just want to report a possible bug (this affected me and got in a soft lock). You can try to replicate it from your end.

Issue: Flower Gift lock
    Scenario: I was battling with a Parasol Lady trainer in Route 112 that has a Cherrim. I lead with Politoed (with Drizzle). After Cherrim sets up Sunny Day (the move, not the Drought ability from another Pokemon), it begins to transform (and it doesn't seem to use the correct sprite; it only had a black sprite. See attached). The turn after, I switched to another Pokemon (Pachirisu), and Cherrim begins to transform endlessly in between forms, eventually locking me in the game.

I'm not sure if this will occur on Drought-induced Sunny Day, but you can try this one as I'm actually intrigued to use Cherrim after the buffs given to her.

As always, many thanks for your hard work!
    I've seen this one on the discord too, seems to be confirmed. I'll investigate the endless loop but Cherrim's sprites might still be broken for a while!
    hey, this hack is just Awesome, but a request
    Can you make helioptle available earlier(like at route 110)
    can you add icicle crash and moonblast tutors
    Thanks! I can't really move Helioptile, there are only so many places you can put Pokémon so some of them have to be later in the game. I think most (or all) mons that should learn those moves already do, so I probably won't add tutors for them sorry.
    There seems to be a bug in the Pokedex. It's like I haven't caught a pokemon (Gastrodon) even if I have. Has this been fixed in the latest version? I'm using 1.10.1.
    Yep it's fixed!
    yeah I can see that, if it matters I'm pretty sure those that want it, understand its a less convenient/more difficult way to play,
    and wouldn't want you to do any rebalancing/changes to make it easier on them, just being able to turn it off is enough.

Maybe put it in the options menu with the default being the current global exp state.

hopefully that'd be less work, no need to add extra dialogue, or add any other choices to the intro.

I'm a bit too busy to attempt the change myself, but that's my input on it.
    Maybe once everything else is done!

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2022
    Hey, I was wanting to get into some basic rom hacking and I was wondering if there's any way for me to edit inclement emerald. for right now I just want to use a sprite editor and change the player character sprite, but down the line I was thinking about trying to add in some trainers to the game and then send that patch to some of my friends. Is there a tool that I can use to do this, or is it not feasible?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hey, I was wanting to get into some basic rom hacking and I was wondering if there's any way for me to edit inclement emerald. for right now I just want to use a sprite editor and change the player character sprite, but down the line I was thinking about trying to add in some trainers to the game and then send that patch to some of my friends. Is there a tool that I can use to do this, or is it not feasible?
    Hey, there are probably tools that can do this I couldn't name them (maybe unLZGBA?). As IE is a decomp hack it might not automatically work with old tools made for binary hacking, as a lot of things aren't in their usual place in the ROM. It's also possible the player sprite will shift around in every update, so you'd have to find it and redo your changes every time if you wanted to stay updated.

The best approach is to edit the source code directly and rebuild the ROM with your changes, but getting that set up can be quite intimidating if you're not familiar with programming.

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2022
    Pokémon Inclement Emerald: A Decomp Difficulty Hack [Version 1.13]

Sheeesh hitmon MVP in this run

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2022
    Oh yea, one thing you still need to fix is immunity-abilities and multihit moves. When I hit a sap sipper mon with bullet seed or a storm drain mon with water shuriken only the first hit gets absorbed, the other still somehow hit

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2024
    There is a way to donate for this project?

Btw, i've just collected the 8th badge, but the NPC in the pkm center doesn't have the 8th medal option.
    Is meant to be this way, or there is something wrong?

EDIT: Just a tecnical question: if i use 2 Everdrive Cartridge, each one with a copy of Inclement Emerald, would i be able to trade pokemons?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Regarding the icicle crash and moonblast tutors i suggested, moonblast would be learnable by most Psychics, quite a few ghosts, and a few night themed Pokemon such as Umbreon, Noivern, and Zoroark, and all those moon stone Evos
    Icicle crash would be learnable by almost all ice types, a good amount of water types, and A few wide movepool mons like snorlax and nidos

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2021
    Regarding the icicle crash and moonblast tutors i suggested, moonblast would be learnable by most Psychics, quite a few ghosts, and a few night themed Pokemon such as Umbreon, Noivern, and Zoroark, and all those moon stone Evos
    Icicle crash would be learnable by almost all ice types, a good amount of water types, and A few wide movepool mons like snorlax and nidos

Dazzling gleam (TM99) is the weaker/coverage option for fairy moves already, moon blast should stay mostly available to specific mons. Same thing with icicle crash and ice punch (TUTOR MOVE)/icicle spear. Umbreon already has access to Moonblast... but it can't use it properly anyway.

for him.

I'm trash.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    Hi Buffel! Dusting off this old profile to thank you for your work on this. It's been a swell time revisiting gen 3 and Emerald. Here are a couple of things I noticed:

1. I could be crazy, but it seems like some of the battle text has extra spaces such as when effects are read out?
    2. I've noticed that some Pokemon changes that were made are not noted in the docs. Here are a couple that I've noticed:
    a. Audino losing access to Trick Room. I was pretty sad about this since I put in bottle caps and berries only to find out that the TM was incompatible.
    b. Primarina losing access to Calm Mind, which, isn't all to bad, but it still has access to Stored Power.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2022
    Hiya! Till now enjoying this hack and hmm can I suggest a mon learning a possible TM? what about if Garchomp now has Fly, could it also learn Steel Winng via Tm too?

Also you son of a Gardevoir, now Ice Punch is the new Scald because it freezes me every two turns ( jk jk,but thanks again for the hack and the amazing work)

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2022
    I think oshawott has the wrong ability, It should have shell armor as the hidden ability, but the one i got has weak armor. Not sure if the ability was purposefully changed to weak armor.

Yes it's new ability is de facto weak armor, and the hidden it's an interesting one, it's Keen Edge, a cutting/slashing moves boosting ability opposed to the sigma Shell Armor

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    There is a way to donate for this project?

Btw, i've just collected the 8th badge, but the NPC in the pkm center doesn't have the 8th medal option.
    Is meant to be this way, or there is something wrong?

EDIT: Just a tecnical question: if i use 2 Everdrive Cartridge, each one with a copy of Inclement Emerald, would i be able to trade pokemons?
    Nah I don't have a donation page set up. There are no tutor moves for the 8th badge.
    Yeah, you should be able to trade with no issues.
    Can you have Machamp able to learn Drain Punch?
    I'm not considering suggestions for Pokémon buffs at the moment.
    Hi Buffel! Dusting off this old profile to thank you for your work on this. It's been a swell time revisiting gen 3 and Emerald. Here are a couple of things I noticed:

1. I could be crazy, but it seems like some of the battle text has extra spaces such as when effects are read out?
    2. I've noticed that some Pokemon changes that were made are not noted in the docs. Here are a couple that I've noticed:
    a. Audino losing access to Trick Room. I was pretty sad about this since I put in bottle caps and berries only to find out that the TM was incompatible.
    b. Primarina losing access to Calm Mind, which, isn't all to bad, but it still has access to Stored Power.
    Hey, you're welcome! glad you enjoyed it!
    1. Got any specific examples? Could be typos or just the font.
    2. These are mistakes, not changes. I won't ever nerf vanilla Pokémon (even though some of them could use changes), only things that I've made too strong. The TM/HM/tutor data was initially done before gen 8, and due to dexit much of it is guessed or unofficial. It was also done by hand so it was very easy for mistakes to be made!
    Hiya! Till now enjoying this hack and hmm can I suggest a mon learning a possible TM? what about if Garchomp now has Fly, could it also learn Steel Winng via Tm too?

Also you son of a Gardevoir, now Ice Punch is the new Scald because it freezes me every two turns ( jk jk,but thanks again for the hack and the amazing work)
    Hey, thanks! It doesn't really have wings (more like fins) so I'll have to say no to that one. Not really sure how it flies either (just Pokémon magic I guess) but it's been shown to, which is why I've given it Fly.

Back