• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Inclement Emerald: A Decomp Difficulty Hack [Version 1.13]

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2022
    Can you increase the distribution of U-Turn to bug type pokemon?
    It always bug me that a lot of good bug type pokemon don't get access to it.

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2022
    One last thing: I was trying to give Kabutops Strength in pkhex since it doesn't get it naturally; what move value/flag does Strength cover relative to the base, unedited Emerald game? In other words, would it be possible to determine what move in regular Emerald data would correspond to Strength in IE? (like if strength is move slot 258 or w/e which is where like solarbeam is normally or smth like that)
    Thanks again very dearly for the help, sorry if this is a ton of questions LOL

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2022
    Will Hisuian pokémon be in the version 2.0?
    Also, I would like the less verbose leveling up and other important Quality of Life changes coming from Pokémon Legends Arceus. Do you think is it possible?

Eg.:
    - Symbols for confusion, paralysis, poisoning rather than every turn saying "the Pokémon is confused. It tries to xxx. Pokémon hurt itself..."
    - Change the name and equipped moves from the party itself (with a fast list to do so, rather than choosing move by move to change)
    - Easy change the first pokemon from the party from the map
    - When leveling up or gaining a new move after a battle, the game just shows a small window showing who gained level/new moves/etc. (and you don't be prompted to immediately change the moves, as you can do it from the party menu at any time)
    - Super effective, ineffective and not very effective moves being represented as symbols in the battle rather than generic phrases (ok, PLA unfortunately doesn't have it, but that's something that I ever dreamed of and surely would improve the battle dynamics together with the other QoL listed)

I'm very sure that these QoL improvements will be in the Scarlet/Violet too, then makes even more sense from the project main goal of modernize emerald with most recent mechanics and QoL improvements.

Thank you very much!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Can you increase the distribution of U-Turn to bug type pokemon?
    It always bug me that a lot of good bug type pokemon don't get access to it.
    Which bugs specifically? A lot of them don't get it as the attack involves fast movement, so it wouldn't make sense for something like Crustle to learn it.
    One last thing: I was trying to give Kabutops Strength in pkhex since it doesn't get it naturally; what move value/flag does Strength cover relative to the base, unedited Emerald game? In other words, would it be possible to determine what move in regular Emerald data would correspond to Strength in IE? (like if strength is move slot 258 or w/e which is where like solarbeam is normally or smth like that)
    Thanks again very dearly for the help, sorry if this is a ton of questions LOL
    I wouldn't recommend using pkhex with IE at all, it's built for the vanilla save/pokemon structure which IE doesn't use, so there's a good chance it will break things. You can get move IDs from the list of gen 8 moves on bulbapedia or IE's source code (they're in the same order as gen 8).
    Will Hisuian pokémon be in the version 2.0?
    No. I've explained why a few posts back, will add this to the FAQ!
    Also, I would like the less verbose leveling up and other important Quality of Life changes coming from Pokémon Legends Arceus. Do you think is it possible?
    It's possible, but it's a lot of work for little pay off and even more work when updating the battle engine. I would like to have the move relearner and evolution options in the party menu though!
    Eg.:
    - Symbols for confusion, paralysis, poisoning rather than every turn saying "the Pokémon is confused. It tries to xxx. Pokémon hurt itself..." I'm not a fan of this as text messages are still needed for when animations are turned off, and making them always on would be worse than the text!
    - Change the name and equipped moves from the party itself (with a fast list to do so, rather than choosing move by move to change)
    - Easy change the first pokemon from the party from the map
    - When leveling up or gaining a new move after a battle, the game just shows a small window showing who gained level/new moves/etc. (and you don't be prompted to immediately change the moves, as you can do it from the party menu at any time)
    - Super effective, ineffective and not very effective moves being represented as symbols in the battle rather than generic phrases (ok, PLA unfortunately doesn't have it, but that's something that I ever dreamed of and surely would improve the battle dynamics together with the other QoL listed) Temtem does this, and you're right, it is a really nice change. A little 2x 1/2x etc. icon pops up for moves that aren't neutral instead of a message, which speeds things up.

I'm very sure that these QoL improvements will be in the Scarlet/Violet too, then makes even more sense from the project main goal of modernize emerald with most recent mechanics and QoL improvements.

Thank you very much!
    Response in bold!

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2022
    Which bugs specifically? A lot of them don't get it as the attack involves fast movement, so it wouldn't make sense for something like Crustle to learn it.

This is a pokemon that I think should get U-Turn :

- Leavanny.

- Scolipede.

- Heracross.

- Pinsir.

- Ariados.

Leavanny and Scolipede have no reason to not know U-Turn. Heracross and Pinsir can ramming at high speed and bounce their body back with their muscle. Ariados being a spider can jump real fast . So I think it is make sense if they get U-Turn.

Sorry if there is something you don't understand , because I am not a native english speaker

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    Speaking of increasing move distribution, Taunt could have some more users - Feraligatr, Arbok, Hitmonchan and Rotom all come to mind based on thematic reasons.

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2022
    Hey is there any randomizers that are compatible with Inclement Emerald? Kinda new to all this and I'm wantin to try a Soul-Link with my SO

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2023
    Just obtained a Shiny Castform today after a few tries, and found out that Shiny weather forms are not present yet and shown as blank. Any updates regarding to this? Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2023
    Love this Emerald romhack. Quick Q, not sure if was asked before or whatnot, but is there any plans to change the HP/EXP display UI of Pokemon in battle and/or improve visuals like Blazing Emerald and would it be possible to add a gender changer? Or rather have options in which you'd wanna use. Like Vanilla emerald or B2W2 HP/EXP display ui during battle.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2023
    When comes the new update with gen 8 Pokémon in this game? At the beginning of the game they says: Gen 8 coming soon, but we wait a very long time, but this game isn't update yet.

Years
  • I wanted to play this, but the EXP system turns me off. The level curve is certainly balanced, but that isn't the issue. What I don't like about it in particular is how it gives EVs to your whole party with no option to disable besides putting mons away in the PC, but that doesn't work against trainers with more than 1 Pokemon. In a hack that's tougher like this, I want to EV train my mons as I play. At least have an option to turn off the EV gains for Pokemon that didn't participate in the battle so that while off you'd have to switch train to give them the EVs you want them to gain during trainer battles.

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2023
    I wanted to play this, but the EXP system turns me off. The level curve is certainly balanced, but that isn't the issue. What I don't like about it in particular is how it gives EVs to your whole party with no option to disable besides putting mons away in the PC, but that doesn't work against trainers with more than 1 Pokemon. In a hack that's tougher like this, I want to EV train my mons as I play. At least have an option to turn off the EV gains for Pokemon that didn't participate in the battle so that while off you'd have to switch train to give them the EVs you want them to gain during trainer battles.

The exp all system actually very helpful once you bought power items in slateport city, you can get 16 EV on ANY SELECTED STATS per kill depending on the holder power item, so you can train many pokemon at once. You can always reset your EV in fallarbor town

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2023
    Hey Buffel! Love your X/Y romhacks and loving this one so far. Question, ever thought of adding custom event Pokemon? Like Huge Power Slakoth line, etc. And day/night visual aspect/Poke followers but with the option to toggle on and off?

Last edited:
    Back