• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Inclement Emerald: A Decomp Difficulty Hack [Version 1.13]

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    Couple of general questions:

1. Is development for this ROM still ongoing? Last update was a year ago but there seems to be recent forum activity.

2. There are plans to add Gen VIII Pokemon, but how about Gen IX? Big ask for sure but would be interesting. Totally understand if there's no plans though.

1. Yes.
    2. No.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Couple of general questions:

1. Is development for this ROM still ongoing? Last update was a year ago but there seems to be recent forum activity.

2. There are plans to add Gen VIII Pokemon, but how about Gen IX? Big ask for sure but would be interesting. Totally understand if there's no plans though.
    It's important to remember that modders are not game studios. I do this for free in my spare time and still need to pay my bills, so updates take as long as they take.

Outwitter

You reap what you plant...
    Years
    It's important to remember that modders are not game studios. I do this for free in my spare time and still need to pay my bills, so updates take as long as they take.

We do remember that mate! We also appreciate the monstrous amount of hardwork and spare time that you have invested in this wonderful hack. Life takes priority over passion works. Take care mate! : )

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2022
    Hi! I've been tremendously enjoying Inclement Emerald as of lately, and I noticed something weird, not sure if it's intentional or a mistake. Deoxys Formes are incompatible with Spikes, not even showing on the Dex. The Dex does show compatibility with Toxic Spikes, which Deoxys can't learn through the Move Tutor. Am I missing something?

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2023
    Just started playing a bit ago and must say I love the QOL as well as integrated challenge modes for the rom. One question, I know this may be a bit of an ask, but is there any way you might consider adding a Doubles only mode? I have been looking for a rom for a while now that adds QOL and Challenge modes to pretty much any version of the game on GBA/DS that also turns battles to Doubles. I play a ton of VGC format and really would love somewhere offline to play that style of game. I don't want you to feel like I am trying to come down on the amazing content you have already provided, and this may be a bit of an edge request, but it feels like Pokemon has been tailored to Doubles for such a long time now (Abilities/Moves that ONLY work in doubles), yet none of the official releases and astonishingly few ROM Hacks/Fan Games seem to implement it either.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hi! I've been tremendously enjoying Inclement Emerald as of lately, and I noticed something weird, not sure if it's intentional or a mistake. Deoxys Formes are incompatible with Spikes, not even showing on the Dex. The Dex does show compatibility with Toxic Spikes, which Deoxys can't learn through the Move Tutor. Am I missing something?
    Hey, glad you're enjoying IE! The Deoxys formes all have different learnsets, despite being able to keep their moves when they change forme (thanks Game Freak). To get Spikes you'd have to switch to whichever forme usually learns it, then go to the move tutor (or move reminder if the tutor is incompatible).
    Just started playing a bit ago and must say I love the QOL as well as integrated challenge modes for the rom. One question, I know this may be a bit of an ask, but is there any way you might consider adding a Doubles only mode? I have been looking for a rom for a while now that adds QOL and Challenge modes to pretty much any version of the game on GBA/DS that also turns battles to Doubles. I play a ton of VGC format and really would love somewhere offline to play that style of game. I don't want you to feel like I am trying to come down on the amazing content you have already provided, and this may be a bit of an edge request, but it feels like Pokemon has been tailored to Doubles for such a long time now (Abilities/Moves that ONLY work in doubles), yet none of the official releases and astonishingly few ROM Hacks/Fan Games seem to implement it either.
    Thanks! That's not something I'd do sorry. While I could just force all the battles to doubles, I wouldn't do it as the trainers would still have sets designed for singles, which would be pretty bad. I don't want to add duplicate sets for all the trainers either as that would be too much work. That'd be better as a separate hack.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    Is gen 8 still in production? I saw in the "what's next" tab that there are plans, but also seen some sources (eg. reddit) that say IE is finished

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2022
    Hey, glad you're enjoying IE! The Deoxys formes all have different learnsets, despite being able to keep their moves when they change forme (thanks Game Freak). To get Spikes you'd have to switch to whichever forme usually learns it, then go to the move tutor (or move reminder if the tutor is incompatible).

Thanks! That's not something I'd do sorry. While I could just force all the battles to doubles, I wouldn't do it as the trainers would still have sets designed for singles, which would be pretty bad. I don't want to add duplicate sets for all the trainers either as that would be too much work. That'd be better as a separate hack.

Oh, thanks for the tip! I figure that has to do with Emerald limitations on the Deoxys Forme change you implemented, I guess the base game didn't like that

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Oh, thanks for the tip! I figure that has to do with Emerald limitations on the Deoxys Forme change you implemented, I guess the base game didn't like that
    No problem! Nah, that's how Deoxys works in the newer games, so I made it work that way in IE too. It's kinda silly, but changing it isn't really worth the time it would take to do so.

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    The only thing that turns me off from wanting to play this is the fake mega evolutions.

If that really is the only issue you have then you can remove them yourself, or if you're lazy then make their mega stones unobtainable and delete those from trainer teams.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2023
    now that save compatibility in 2.0 is shot, will we be able to transfer our pokemon to our 2.0 save file when it's out?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    now that save compatibility in 2.0 is shot, will we be able to transfer our pokemon to our 2.0 save file when it's out?
    Probably not immediately, but I'll make sure there's some way to transfer them before the frontier is ready.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2023
    I'm going to play this hack with two of my closest friends, and I'm really looking forward to what awaits! In the interim, I've got two questions.
    One: When you say "Custom Megas", does that mean you can add in your own?

Two: Would it be at all possible to implement the Eon Flute/Soaring mechanic from ORAS? There's already been a ton of effort and time put into this hack, but I hope that wouldn't be too difficult to do.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2023
    I'm going to play this hack with two of my closest friends, and I'm really looking forward to what awaits! In the interim, I've got two questions.
    One: When you say "Custom Megas", does that mean you can add in your own?

Two: Would it be at all possible to implement the Eon Flute/Soaring mechanic from ORAS? There's already been a ton of effort and time put into this hack, but I hope that wouldn't be too difficult to do.

Custom megas are just some pokemon's that got megas that did not get them in the original games, not actually adding in your own.

I don't think Buffel is adding in the Eon Flute since you can Fly at the get go if a pokemon is able to learn the move Fly, you dont need the sixth badge anymore.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2023
    Custom megas are just some pokemon's that got megas that did not get them in the original games, not actually adding in your own.

I don't think Buffel is adding in the Eon Flute since you can Fly at the get go if a pokemon is able to learn the move Fly, you dont need the sixth badge anymore.

Ah, I see. Thank you for clarifying.

As for the Eon Flute thing...I know that Fly is readily available as-is, I just think Soaring would be neat to have as an alternative. ORAS had both, after all.

Back