• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Island [v2.1] - Gen 9, Battle vs yourself, Habitat List and more

sabitafukku

Glaceon lover
Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    It a good game, grind bit slow but I kinda expect that. One complaint is that it lags in some places like pokecenter for one.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    It a good game, grind bit slow but I kinda expect that. One complaint is that it lags in some places like pokecenter for one.
    Read me.txt said:
    P: The game is too slow on Windows 8/10!
    R: This happens due to a problem with DirectDraw component. If you use a dedicated graphics card, try to run the game with your card disabled. If your card is NVIDIA, right click on the executable file icon with island icon, select Run with Graphic Processor and Integrated graphics.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • Age 37
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    good to hear more new things are being considered for the big updates you've been looking to do for so long. I am especially fond of the newer breeding mechanics, such as inheriting egg moves from males and females as well as hidden abilities from either parent. hopefully some gen 8 stuff can be considered too when the game launches at the end of the year.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • Age 37
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Gonna play this and post it on youtube as my 1st video.

for your starter in this I recommend going for a female so you can breed for a better one with some good egg moves such as totodile with dragon dance to name an example. You fortunately can unlock the breeding center relatively quickly. You'll find the other starters fairly quickly as you play on if the selection available isn't impressive enough to you.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    good to hear more new things are being considered for the big updates you've been looking to do for so long. I am especially fond of the newer breeding mechanics, such as inheriting egg moves from males and females as well as hidden abilities from either parent. hopefully some gen 8 stuff can be considered too when the game launches at the end of the year.
    Yep. If I gonna include new pokémon, I (high probably) will include gen 8 as well. Good to hear that these mechanics are requested, since implementation of some are relatively easy but I had doubts if someone will use these things.

Gonna play this and post it on youtube as my 1st video.
    Nice! Post here the video link or, if you wasn't published yet, a link to your channel.

for your starter in this I recommend going for a female so you can breed for a better one with some good egg moves such as totodile with dragon dance to name an example. You fortunately can unlock the breeding center relatively quickly. You'll find the other starters fairly quickly as you play on if the selection available isn't impressive enough to you.
    You also unlock an area with wild Dittos a little time after unlocking breed center.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 11, 2024
    2 Questions not sure if either have been answer already but still doesn't hurt to ask

#1 Is there by any chance a list of mons that are found by surfing/fishing
    #2 I'm current at rank 10 and have unlocked the sea area, does anyone by any chance have a map of the sea area so i can have an idea of how big the place is and where things are to make navigating a bit easier

any help would be really appreciated.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Online now
    This is the third time i have replayed this game . it's really a great game but i think there will be no more updates . I have waited for so long .

Last edited:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    2 Questions not sure if either have been answer already but still doesn't hurt to ask

#1 Is there by any chance a list of mons that are found by surfing/fishing
    #2 I'm current at rank 10 and have unlocked the sea area, does anyone by any chance have a map of the sea area so i can have an idea of how big the place is and where things are to make navigating a bit easier

any help would be really appreciated.
    1. Fishing:
    Spoiler:

Surfing:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

This is the third time i have replayed this game . it's really a great game but i think there will be no more updates . I have waited for so long .
    Yep, there is more than 5 years after the last content update. I need a good amount of free time for a new one. Maybe on some years =/

Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen yesterday
    so I'm wanting to have both a salimance and a gallade on my team however I don't know where to find ether a loudren or a burmy. I'm at rank 7 just to let you know

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen yesterday
    So I have compiled the (very complex IMO) method to get a Bagon.

Unlock the sea area and buy a good rod

Catch a Wailmer and evolve it into Wailord

Trade Wailord for an Exploud

Breed Exploud to get a Whismur egg and hatch it

Evolve Whismur into Loudred then trade it for a Gallade

Breed Gallade to get a Ralts egg and hatch it

Evolve Ralts into a Gardevoir and then trade it for a Granbull

Breed Granbull to get a Snubbull egg and hatch it

Trade Snubbull for a Nincada then evolve it into a Shedinja

Trade Shedinja for a Wormadam

Breed Wormadam to get a Burmy egg then hatch a MALE Burmy

Evolve MALE Burmy into Mothim

Trade Mothim for an Illumise

Breed Illumise for a Volbeat egg and hatch it

Trade Volbeat for a Bagon (Finally!)

Now knowing this I still want to use a Bagon but my question is ether Dritini or Swablu easier to obtain? Oh, and what rank do I unlock the sea area? (And if Bagon is even worth all the hassle.)

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Now knowing this I still want to use a Bagon but my question is ether Dritini or Swablu easier to obtain?
    Swamblu is very easier to obtain than Dratini or Bagon. It can be found at Valley, but is rare (4%)

Dratini is easier than Bagon, but is luck based. It can be found using Super Rod at Valley, but is very rare (1%)

Oh, and what rank do I unlock the sea area? (And if Bagon is even worth all the hassle.)
    Rank 11

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 24, 2020
    yo, i tried to play earlier this day, but i've got a problem.
    I am on mac. I use wine to launch your game but i can't do anything with the screen size, i can't make it bigger or smaller, either make the application crash.
    Any explanation to give me pls?

Last edited:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    yo, i tried to play earlier this day, but i've got a problem.
    I am on mac. I use wine to launch your game but i can't do anything with the screen size, i can't make it bigger or smaller, either make the application crash.
    Any explanation to give me pls?
    Resizing screen use Windows API that wine can't replicate well (I guess).

Alternatively, try using Alt+Enter for Full Screen mode.

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen May 7, 2022
    I think I've been playing this game since 2015. You made of Pokemon a more dynamic and arcade game, I love it! There are so many cool features that make it awesome.
    1) I've been reading that you're planning a 2.0 version. Are you still working on that? Do you need any kind of help?
    2) Is pokerús virus in this game? Is there a way to find a pokerús scripted pokemon?

Thank you for this game! I've had handreds of hours of fun!

Back