• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Island [v2.1] - Gen 9, Battle vs yourself, Habitat List and more

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2023
    The biggest issue with this game is the huge bug list. Hence the constant bug fixes. The game stuck/crashed at least 5 times and I need to reload from my last save. There are all kind of bugs, some make it clear that the creatores didn't playtest the game before releasing. If only the creator stuck to fixing their game up instead of rating other games, this game would be much better.

mvsj1986

Marcus
    Years
    How to see a pókemon hapiness?

And where can I find Porygon, he's my favorite and I just can wait to catch one...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2022
    Hey there!
    First of all: Good job mate! Love the game, especially with the nostalgia of this island and the old N64 game.
    I do write this post because of a question:
    So I'm trying to get an alolan Muk to no avail. Brought the Grimer to the Regional Center, where there's a dude hinting you that you bring your pokémon there and it will evolve in its form, level 37, give him the candy. But no matter what I do, it doesn't evolve in its alternate form.
    Wondering if I'd have to play with breeding and stuff?
    The informations given on the game's main page seems to imply the Alolan Muk should be in the game.
    Anyways thanks in advance buddy!

PS: The sea map really needs better hints at where to get for the second portal, damn that was a tough one. Took me a lot of repels not to get insane.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen today
    On my road to living dex I found a bug.
    The game resets after Galarian Meowth and Ditto generate an egg.
    1. I breed a female Galarian Meowth (holding an Everstone) with a male Zigzagoon, it temporally freezes the game for a few seconds (without audio) before it properly generates an egg. Which it did generate. This bug is similar to the other breeding bugs (not a pokemon).

Fixed on current version (2.0.7)!

The biggest issue with this game is the huge bug list.
    Sorry.

What list?

Hence the constant bug fixes.
    This is very common for games or indie softwares.

The game stuck/crashed at least 5 times and I need to reload from my last save.
    What crashes? From 2.0 version, I know about 4 things that trigger crashes/stuck:
    1. Accessing Pokédex by summary with certain pokémon. The version with this bug only lasted 4 days.
    2. Darumaka having a child.
    3. Learning a new move having four. This version only exist for a day and was fixed.
    4. Using nuzlocke on desert.

There are all kind of bugs, some make it clear that the creatores didn't playtest the game before releasing
    What ones?

If only the creator stuck to fixing their game up instead of rating other games, this game would be much better.
    If I didn't know about the bugs, so I can't fix these.

I didn't rate games. This year I rated just one. If I have the bug list, I don't think that is something that affects my productivity.

How to see a pókemon hapiness?
    By PokéCenter NPC starting on Rank 6.

And where can I find Porygon, he's my favorite and I just can wait to catch one...
    You can find on River (VERY rare) or buying on Pokémon Shop with last upgrade and at least Rank 14.

Hey there!
    First of all: Good job mate! Love the game, especially with the nostalgia of this island and the old N64 game.
    I do write this post because of a question:
    So I'm trying to get an alolan Muk to no avail. Brought the Grimer to the Regional Center, where there's a dude hinting you that you bring your pokémon there and it will evolve in its form, level 37, give him the candy. But no matter what I do, it doesn't evolve in its alternate form.
    Wondering if I'd have to play with breeding and stuff?
    The informations given on the game's main page seems to imply the Alolan Muk should be in the game.
    Anyways thanks in advance buddy!
    Nice!

The Regional Research Dome only works with pokémon who change form upon evolution, like standard Exeggcute to Alolan Exeggutor. This isn't Grimer/Muk case.

To get Alolan Grimer, complete 6 task groups on Pokémon Fan Club.

The sea map really needs better hints at where to get for the second portal, damn that was a tough one. Took me a lot of repels not to get insane.
    This is an important feedback, thanks! I'm still not sure, since it isn't something required. Maybe some more small tips.

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2022
    Rare Super Rod encounters...
    I always hate this.
    I have a full save from the old versions, are there plans for something like pal park to be added to the game?

Edit: I managed to force my old notebook to open some programs...
    The save and most of my old files were corrupted, lol.

Last edited:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen today
    Rare Super Rod encounters...
    I always hate this.
    There are only 3 relevant 1% Super Rod exclusive encounters on Island: Dratini, Relicanth and Feebas. The last one can be found on 5 places, so isn't the same thing, maybe you find it seeking another pokémon. But you are right, I can reduce more. I probably remove Relicanth in version 2.1.

I have a full save from the old versions, are there plans for something like pal park to be added to the game?
    Still not sure. I received some request, more than double what I expected, but still is not enough. Currently is too much work for a feature that few people will use. If I receive more requests, maybe.

Edit: I managed to force my old notebook to open some programs...
    The save and most of my old files were corrupted, lol.
    This is very annoying. I backup my files, specially Island project, with certain frequency. Cloud backup is an easy thing to do.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen today
    Surskit and masquerain dom' t have a Pokédex location.
    Where can I find them?
    Surskit can be found surfing on Desert Oasis. It is rare. There is a NPC on exploration outpost who tells about Surskit being on Desert if you have it as seen at your pokédex.

The NPC was made just because I didn't finish habitat list in time for version 2.0.

I thought I put Surskit/Masquerain on one more place, but I didn't. Probably a last hour change that went unnoticed. I probably put on a second place and/or change it rarity on vesion 2.1.

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2022
    Hello. me again. I found another two bugs.
    1st Burmy is changing olyny to the tash cloak.
    2nd using the water scroll in Kubfu gave me the dark tipe Urshifu.

Last edited:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen today
    Hello. me again. I found another two bugs.
    1st Burmy is changing olyny to the tash cloak.
    2nd using the water scroll in Kubfu gave me the dark time Urshifu.
    1. On low grass burmy became the Trash Cloak, this is the issue. All other forms (in sand/cave, tall grass) are working, but there some small changes from official games: Burmy became Trash Cloak on water, by example.

2. I reversed Water and Darkness Scrolls.

Thanks for the reports! This will be fixed on version 2.0.8

Last edited:

mvsj1986

Marcus
    Years
    Saw this bug on the forest, at the end of the river (using launch) a bug during the fight, it didn't close the game, but show up anyway...

Pokémon Island [v2.1] - Gen 9, Battle vs yourself, Habitat List and more

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2022
    I bought the Pokemon Center upgrade (all, in fact) , but the NPC that changes the forms of some Pokemon did not appear.
    What do I have to do for him to show up?

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen today
    Saw this bug on the forest, at the end of the river (using launch) a bug during the fight, it didn't close the game, but show up anyway...
    Thanks for the report! This one took me a little more time but will be fixed on 2.0.8

I bought the Pokemon Center upgrade (all, in fact) , but the NPC that changes the forms of some Pokemon did not appear.
    What do I have to do for him to show up?
    Have the pokémon at your party.

There is no upgrade for Pokémon Center.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen today
    My game is giving error in the script PokemonLoad line 351 runtimeError how do I solve it?
    How did this error occurs? Did you successfully save/loaded before? You are using version 2.0.8 (latest), right?

Back