• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Jade

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Sloth~

Bringing sXe back
Years
  • Title: Pokémon Midnight Sun (someone change the thread title please)
    Hack Of: Pokémon FireRed
    Language: English / Spanish
    Pokémon Jade

(this is a preview of the boxart - I'm still waiting on someone to do the artwork for the version mascot)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    At the present time this game is still in the planning stages. As I have not had any previous ROM hacking experience prior to this game, I will most likely not be starting work on the actual hack until next year. I've done a map and might do more as I finish the designs for the cities and towns, but other than that, it'll be quite a while before I have any screens of the game in action, and certainly a long time before I have a beta. But it's coming, don't worry!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Features:
    New region: Torran, located southeast of Sinnoh and northeast of Kanto. Torran has a wide variety of landscapes, including deserts, mountains, forests, caves, and an arctic region. Other features include three mountains housing legendary Pokémon, an underground labyrinth, a village situated entirely belowground, a muddy swamp, a tropical garden, and a power plant.
    New Pokémon: The Pokédex currently has room for 157 new Pokémon, but I only set 650 as the National Dex endpoint because it's a nice round number. The actual number will likely be less. Also, there won't be a national dex. Aside from the new ones, only those with new evos/pre-evos and a few legendaries will be included.
    New evil organization: Team Diablo is a breakaway faction of Team Rocket that were involved with Mewtwo's creation. They are led by Dr. Fuji's estranged son Devlin and the Council of Seven, a mysterious group of trainers that possess legendary Pokémon.
    New moves (maybe): Attached is a list of the moves I made up for this game. Of course, implementing new moves is going to require a lot of scripting and animation, neither of which are skills of mine. Hopefully I can find someone whose willing to help we with this.
    ●Important trainers will use Shiny and Legendary Pokemon (to those who say the former can't be done, the shiny Espeon and Meowth in FR's Battle Tower say hi)

Torran Region
    Pokémon Jade

This was made before I decided to hack FR, I'll change it to 3rd-gen style when I get the chance.

Torran League Gyms
    Spoiler:

Torran League Championship
    Spoiler:

Maps/Screenshots:
    Harmony Town:
    Pokémon Jade

This turned out pretty well considering I've never used AdvanceMap before.

En español:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    You have good names for the Gym Leaders. However, you may want to reconsider making it a Diamond hack, as it is very difficult to edit D/P's maps at the moment. Also, I don't think it's possible to make trainers have shiny Pokémon (correct me if I'm wrong)...

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Most of the things are impossible in rom hacking, especially Diamond
    If you make an advance hack, to get 157 new Pokemon, you'll have to get rid of 132 already in the game,
    New Region
    New Pokemon (157 to be exact)
    All Generation I Pokemon (except Ditto and legendaries) will have evos or pre-evos
    All previously unused type combos will be available
    Pokemon League members will use Shiny and Legendary Pokemon (the Champion's team consists entirely of Shiny Legendaries)
    New evil organization - Team Diablo (specializes in Dark and Fire-Types)
    Some old TMs replaced with new moves, with the old moves available from move tutors.
    Mone of that can be done in Diamond so far, unless you make a game

Last edited:

Hellsing

The bird of Hermes is my name
    Years
  • I really don't recommend you using Diamond as the base of this hack. Barely any hackng tools out, and unless you plan on exploring the unknown, or waiting a lot, you're at a complete disadvantage.

I love your Gym Leader puns though. :D

Last edited:

~Sloth~

Bringing sXe back
    Years
  • machomuu said:
    Most of the things are impossible in rom hacking, especially Diamond
    If you make an advance hack, to get 157 new Pokemon, you'll have to get rid of 132 already in the game,
    New Region
    New Pokemon (157 to be exact)
    All Generation I Pokemon (except Ditto and legendaries) will have evos or pre-evos
    All previously unused type combos will be available
    Pokemon League members will use Shiny and Legendary Pokemon (the Champion's team consists entirely of Shiny Legendaries)
    New evil organization - Team Diablo (specializes in Dark and Fire-Types)
    Some old TMs replaced with new moves, with the old moves available from move tutors.
    Mone of that can be done in Diamond so far, unless you make a game

Well, I'm making it a FireRed hack instead, and all of those things can be done in FireRed (except maybe the shinies as Wichu said, I've never played a hack where trainers used shinies, but hypothetically it should be possible, right?) Obviously with the data restrictions I'm not going to have room for all 650 Pokémon, I'll most likely drop a bunch of the old ones (or even omit the National Dex entirely). And I was thinking of making my own game, but I'd rather have most of the framework for the game already done for me, so I think a hack is the way to go. If I ever finish this game, I have another game idea that I might make with RPG Maker.

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Well, I'm making it a FireRed hack instead, and all of those things can be done in FireRed (except maybe the shinies as Wichu said, I've never played a hack where trainers used shinies, but hypothetically it should be possible, right?) Obviously with the data restrictions I'm not going to have room for all 650 Pokémon, I'll most likely drop a bunch of the old ones (or even omit the National Dex entirely). And I was thinking of making my own game, but I'd rather have most of the framework for the game already done for me, so I think a hack is the way to go. If I ever finish this game, I have another game idea that I might make with RPG Maker.

well in that case, go for it :D

~Sloth~

Bringing sXe back
    Years
  • Well, I still have a lot of work to do planning wise before I start serious work on the hack, but I was playing around in AdvanceMap and came up with a map for the first town. It's only the starting town, so it's not much. I shimmied the buildings around, added a smaller building, added grass (with a guy blocking it... wouldn't want to run into anything before you get your Pokemon :)) and a hidden berry spot. I'll post it soon. It's probably going to be the only map I do for a while though.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2014
    I see you have some good ideas here. Only about 650 pokemons? I must say but sorry this isn't possible. Maybe it can be done with ASM but i don't think so. And i'm also not sure about Trainers using Shiny pokemon. But i hope to see some screens. !

~Sloth~

Bringing sXe back
    Years
  • I see you have some good ideas here. Only about 650 pokemons? I must say but sorry this isn't possible. Maybe it can be done with ASM but i don't think so. And i'm also not sure about Trainers using Shiny pokemon. But i hope to see some screens. !

I meant the national dex went up to 650, which means there are 157 new Pokes. It'll probably end up being less than that though, as the main thing I'm concerned with is getting all the unused type combos in; once I've done that I probably won't be adding any more, so I'll get rid of the empty spaces. And I'm not doing the national dex, so I'll have room for everything. And a trainer in the Battle Tower has a shiny, so I'm sure it can be done. I don't have any screens from the actual hack yet (as I'm only just learning to hack at the moment) but I do have the map for the first town.

Last edited:

~Sloth~

Bringing sXe back
    Years
  • I've added the list of new moves I hope to implement into the game; however this will probably be the most challenging part of the hack, so they might not make it in. I'm not sure if I'll have to erase some of the old moves to fit all these in; if all else fails I suppose I can just re-use animations from the attacks I take out... I also added the boxart for both versions of the game (without the version mascot, still waiting on that).

Okay, I'm probably going to get in trouble for double posting, but what the heck. I can see that this thread has died due to lack of progress on the game. I'm still putting the finishing touches on the ideas behind the game before I start work on the hack itself, so I'll be reposting this when I have more to show you guys. For those of you that are interested in this hack, in the next few weeks I will be submitting information on the game to PokéFanon, including all of the new Pokémon. Right now I only have a page for the Grass starter and a list of the rest of the starters in the Torran Dex, but I'll be making pages for the rest of the Pokés soon, and after that I'll make pages for the game itself and other things related to the game. I'll post a new thread for the hack when I have something new for you guys that I haven't already posted (besides the new Pokémon); until then I won't be on the forums much (if at all) as I've decided to make this hack a full-time project and will be dedicating the majority of the coming months to completing the basic framework for the game in preparation for the actual making of the hack. So if you're curious to see the new Pokémon (well, read about them anyway, as I won't have any pictures up until after Christmas), head over to PokéFanon. When I first learne of ROM hacking, this was just a fantasy, but I think with a lot of dedication and a lot of hard work, this game may someday be a reality. So until then, in the words of the immortal Strong Bad, "I've gotta go... place."

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • This looks really cool, I'm liking the bad guys a lot. And the multi-type gym's a good idea. I like the advertisement in your sig(nothing to do with hack but still), I'm guessing you're a Homestar Runner fan?

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    This looks really cool, I'm liking the bad guys a lot. And the multi-type gym's a good idea. I like the advertisement in your sig(nothing to do with hack but still), I'm guessing you're a Homestar Runner fan?
    It's been a month since this has been posted in. It should be locked, now. -_-

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
    Years
  • i like the game so far but the map of harmony town looks too much like pallet town...

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Please don't revive threads that haven't been posted in for over a month.

Closed

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back