• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Jupiter Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
  • I sure hope you indexed these ones o.o Thanks for indexing them, this makes it like 1000 times easier to insert into the rom XD

I'll try to jam them in - the beta's almost ready for release!

Last edited:

PokemonMasterX

Also known as MysteriexMKII basically everywhere e
    Years
  • wow ive never even played or seen golden sun (video game, seen some character i think) and im really impressed good job on the animations and cries I haven't seen a hack where cries are edited (except for maybe zephyr). This is quite good and will be quite popular.

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • The patch is finally available! Release 6!
    >>Release 6.04 of Pokemon Jupiter<<
    NOTE: This patch has a small error fixed from Release 6.

Now, if your patch for some reason gets a white screen on boot, that means you patched it with the wrong rom. You need AXVE (0907), Pokemon Ruby, (E), for this rom to work.

The following are recent screenshots of the hack:
    Pokémon Jupiter Version
    Pokémon Jupiter Version
    Pokémon Jupiter Version
    Pokémon Jupiter Version
    Pokémon Jupiter Version
    Pokémon Jupiter Version
    Pokémon Jupiter Version

Things to work on:
    -All NPCs to have Telepathy scripts
    -Female Playable
    -Glitch Cleanup

Things I want to know about
    -Wayward Warps (a door that leads to a weird place, for example)
    -Freezeups
    -Glitches that result in immobility
    -any weird backsprites (ONLY WITH NATURAL SUNEN CATCHABLES - NOT WITH POKEMON CAUGHT WITH CODES)

Things I do NOT want to hear about
    -Unchanged cries, sprites, ect.
    -Tilesets
    -Weird Music (unless it is unbearable)
    ect. ect.

Enjoy!

NOTE: This hack is notably harder (most of the trainers are 2 levels above what their Ruby counterparts would be), so make sure you train hard. Don't worry, the Wild Pokemon level at a similar rate as the trainers do, so you won't be left behind.​

Credit goes to Muriyashi for about 25-30 sprites, and credit goes to Zodiac for an ASM routine that plays a huge role in Jupiter.

Last edited:

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • There's quite a few reasons why you must select BOY, but I'd rather not get into this.

Guys, other people on other forums are having difficulty patching the rom. Which number was it? I'm trying to make sure I got the rom number right, because normally I work with Rom Name.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • Does the beta end at after beating Destroyer Luc the first time because those guards won't move.

I noticed the major difference in stats with the creatures from Golden Sun

Pocchama01

Dark and Psychic Type Trainer
    Years
  • How do you evolve frozibird? Mine is level 42 and still hasnt evolved yet.... Im guessing its probably by water stone, but im not sure......

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • I appear to have run into another problem, there seems to be a bit of water where you can't surf and you have to surf there to get through the game.

Pokémon Jupiter Version

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
    Years
  • Charon the ferryman said:
    There's quite a few reasons why you must select BOY, but I'd rather not get into this.

Guys, other people on other forums are having difficulty patching the rom. Which number was it? I'm trying to make sure I got the rom number right, because normally I work with Rom Name.

The Serial Number is 0907...If ya didn't already know...;)

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • Yo, I'm stuck. Here's a picture on where I'm stuck at. Please help! I want to get through this Part real badly. And remember to change some texts like when People still say places about Hoenn.

P.S Some warps go to the Wrong Place. Eg. Seaside Suburbs' Gym Warps you to the Seaside Suburbs' Fan Club.

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • Roight, thanks for the buggie reports. Er, by the way, you do not need to start a new game each time I fix a patch, just transfer save files (like Save in a Pokemon center, then transfer saves). If you're just renaming the rom file to work, simply replace the patch. If you patched the Rom using LIPS, repatch. You can still use your save file with updates of Jupiter.

Also, thanks for the warp report. The warps will be fixed on 6.03.

Jupiter 6.02: https://www.mediafire.com/?bc5tninznwm

Last edited:

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • Wha... I don't know... It's nowhere near "Showcase" status, unless you imply that it can still be updated as vigorously as before... It's still got a lot of work, so I don't believe it's to that status yet. Maybe by Jupiter 7, but that will be a while. 6 was released to check for errors through the main first part of the game.

Frozibird evolves via Water Stone. Flamox, it's counterpart, evolves via Fire Stone. In Jupiter 6.03 both will evolve at Level 42.

Pocchama01

Dark and Psychic Type Trainer
    Years
  • Thanks, I was thinking that when my flamox evolved with fire stone, now i just need to find a water stone :)

Edit: While searching for the water stone I came across a place called ocean junction.... It wont let me leave :(

Last edited:

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • Oh, great. I messed up the connections. Y'see, that map got messed up, and most of the other maps that got messed up were dungeon maps, so they didn't have connections. I'll release another patch later today with some more of these bugs fixed.

Thanks for the bug reports, you guys are really a huge help!

Patch 6.03
    https://www.mediafire.com/?nnnnmmejhjt

Notable Differences:
    Flamox and Frozibird evolve at level 42.
    Map fixes.
    Warp fixes in Seaside Suburbs.
    Hidden Pokemon were moved. Again.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back