• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Kanlara Ultimate (21/01/2020 - New Patch Out)

MachoPony

Resident Brony
Years
Right now that i've beaten the game, i'll give my thoughts on it.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 3, 2023
Right now that i've beaten the game, i'll give my thoughts on it.

Spoiler:

Good that you overall enjoyed the game!

The game freezes when opening berry pouch, can I fix this?

I'm not sure how to fix that, sorry. :S

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 10, 2023
Hello. I'm starting this hack and I noticed that all mons before gen4 uses the gen3 moveset list and so there's an issue I'm having with: I know that you said there's Tangrowth in the game, but for my Tangela to evolve with I have to learn Ancientpower somehow and the gen3 moveset Tangela doesn't learn Ancientpower. Is there another way to have Tangrowth (I'm guessing you can find him in the wild later...)?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 16, 2023
Quick Question, is it possible to have Greninja with Battle bond?

Nevermind, i just read that gen 4+ abilities are not added, sorry

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 3, 2023
Hello. I'm starting this hack and I noticed that all mons before gen4 uses the gen3 moveset list and so there's an issue I'm having with: I know that you said there's Tangrowth in the game, but for my Tangela to evolve with I have to learn Ancientpower somehow and the gen3 moveset Tangela doesn't learn Ancientpower. Is there another way to have Tangrowth (I'm guessing you can find him in the wild later...)?

There's an item in the game called Evo Stone you can use this to evolve Tangela into Tangrowth. It evolves most Pokemon that typically evolve via trade as well as Pokemon like Tangela and Aipom. There's one just outside the Power Plant and you also get one for free in one of the houses in Elder Village.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 22, 2018
I was wondering if I could translate your beautiful hackrom into Spanish, I just need you to give me an answer.
Thank you for reading

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 3, 2023
So, how do i evolve riolu?

As it turns out, Riolu never evolves. I checked and it's evolution method is set to Happiness (Day), which I believe in original FireRed is only used for Eevee to evolve into Espeon... which btw, never happens in FireRed, because there's no day/night system there.

The proper evolution method should be Happiness, not Happiness (Day). Slight oversight by me. I'll add that one to the OP bug list for now.

Sorry ~

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Aye, I just wanted to ask, will this hack be getting any quality of life improvements such as new character OW's, Physical split and new tiles? I'm currently on the 4th badge but the absence of the PSS is actually making me compromise on movesets with the later gen Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 3, 2023
Aye, I just wanted to ask, will this hack be getting any quality of life improvements such as new character OW's, Physical split and new tiles? I'm currently on the 4th badge but the absence of the PSS is actually making me compromise on movesets with the later gen Pokemon.

Not in the near future I'm afraid, as I am working on a new project most of my free time goes towards that at the moment.

I do wish I had implemented the PSS while I was going over the movelist in this game, but at the time my idea was to keep the game simple and 'old school'...

Can guarantee my next project will have the PSS :P

OP has been updated with some exciting news btw!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I applied the PSS patch from Stunning Steel to this and it appears to be working.

So far this has been a fun game.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 19, 2020
I applied the PSS patch from Stunning Steel to this and it appears to be working.

So far this has been a fun game.

Thx so much for posting that! Just started again with that patch and got a nice Modest Porygon I can use now. I just don't like playing a game where a starter is too bad to use properly. I was only in the cave after the first city when I quit playing before but now I can play through with the mons I want :D (Looking at you Litwik line/ so many mons that were bad in 3 gen setting).

I do love playing games like this and the fact that it has 7th generation mons is nice as well.

Last edited:

Twisty

Starter of many nuzlockes, winner of very, very fe
Years
If no one else is going to say it, allow me.
This hack is, honestly, lackluster. Very lackluster. Here's why:
-There is no physical/special split. If you want later gen pokes, you need that split.
-The trainer battle dialogue is lazily done. Every other battle starts with "lets battle!" Lame.
-The level curve (if you can call it that) is broken, unfair and ridiculous. Unfair level jumps and overpowered bosses abound. Why would you have level 20 something mightyena & houndoom so early? Completely broken. This level curve is so damn broken I can't even CHEAT levels fast enough; every time I cheat i'm still 10 or so levels off.
-The evo stone is superfluous. All the evo stone evolutions could've been level-up. would've been fairer that way too.
-The maps are so strangely laid out that I can't find my way anywhere without wandering for ages. I was stuck for a solid 20 mins after the lake scene with May. turns out there was a random downward path that I missed. Whoops.
-There aren't enough places to heal. Oh did that guy with his level 40 elektrik on a level 30ish route rek your team? Too bad, 2 routes and a cave between you and the nearest healing. bleh.
-Not every gym leader has to have a side quest, y'know. It's just repetitive and annoying.
-story? what story? I forget.
-This game forced me to CHEAT. I hate cheating. I resent the fact that I had to cheat.

I do not recommend this game. You will go insane playing this mess.
If you decide to try this game, you might wanna keep these handy.
(walk through walls cheat added because there is an unreachable evo stone STUCK IN A WALL)

5000xp:
7300218C0001
82023D501388

infinite xp (disable cheats when you have enough xp):
74000130027D
7300218C0001
82023D501388

walk through walls
72BC6DFB E9CA5465
A47FB2DC 1AF3CA86
509197D3 542975F4
78DA95DF 44018CB4

May arceus have mercy on your soul

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 7, 2018
Can't beat the God Mewtwo in the final Boss ....Beat all Elite 4 and my all pokes are lvl.100 but can't beat that specific one pokemon

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 7, 2018
I liked the game quite a lot...yeah the map is a bit off and it takes a while to find your way but in the leveling matter it wasn't any problem for me.....I am just stuck on the God Mewtwo on final boss

Back