• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Kanto Black 2.08 (Sevii Islands Expansion)

Years
Thank you! Do you know how I would go about doing that? If not, I'll look into it eventually.

You're welcome

From my knowledge, you would need to patch the ips into a ROM with Lunar IPS and then change the rom into a cia file with GBA VC Injector
I've tried doing it myself a few times but to no avail. I've never had any luck doing this and would always result in a permanent black screen on my 3DS
I'm not that tech savvy and I would appreciate it if anyone could possibly do this

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen May 2, 2018
Where to find the daycare because you replace the daycare in island for with egg seller?
Thanks in advanced

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
Where to find the daycare because you replace the daycare in island for with egg seller?
Thanks in advanced

I remember having a few issues with the daycare, which might be the reason why I blocked access to it. I've attempted to eliminate its necessity by making the worthwhile egg moves a Pokemon learns included in the level-up movesets. As for IVs, you should be able to buy IV seeds from the battle facility vendors. :P

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
Will this still be updated?

Maybe! I'm very much inclined to deliver a fix to some of the hacks issues and nonsense! As far as expansions go, that's even less likely unless I encounter a really good idea that I think would make sense in Kanto Black.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
I just finished my playthrough of this and j can say for a fact that I'm beyond impressed. It felt real nice seeing BW Pokemon appear in a GBA game, everything was perfectly done, especially the spriting. Kudos to you!

Aurane

💀
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 2, 2018
This is a fantastic hack. Already played through it and now I'm preparing my team for Rainbow Isle. I have a question though- how many EVs does the Minigame on Island 2 provide?

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 18, 2018
The alterating cave puzzle solution that was posted doesn't work. The 2st time work but the last one with the 6 switches doesn't. I have tried it about 10 times with 0 succes.

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
This is a fantastic hack. Already played through it and now I'm preparing my team for Rainbow Isle. I have a question though- how many EVs does the Minigame on Island 2 provide?

Thank you!
Ugh, I thought I had this documented. I really don't have the answer in mind, unfortunately. :(
Definitely 64+. Maybe 100+, but I can't say for certain right now.

The alterating cave puzzle solution that was posted doesn't work. The 2st time work but the last one with the 6 switches doesn't. I have tried it about 10 times with 0 succes.

Oh my, thank you for bringing this up! Seems like I mixed up number 11 and 15. I feel like such an idiot uploading a false solution. Please let me know if this works!

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
Hey! I love the idea of the hack and can't wait to check it out! I'm having a minor problem and I was wondering if you knew what might be going on: I got up to Brock, my pokemon are level 11-12... and they stopped listening to me. I got the badge and they still don't listen... I'm afraid it might be like this permanently. Do you have any idea on how to fix this? Thank you for your help!!

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
Hey! I love the idea of the hack and can't wait to check it out! I'm having a minor problem and I was wondering if you knew what might be going on: I got up to Brock, my pokemon are level 11-12... and they stopped listening to me. I got the badge and they still don't listen... I'm afraid it might be like this permanently. Do you have any idea on how to fix this? Thank you for your help!!

That's really odd. Are they traded Pokemon? If they are: unfortunately, I think it is the 2nd gym that raises the obedience level, so you'd have to trudge your way through that gym with another set of Pokemon.

The obedience mechanic just seems obnoxious to me. I'm thinking of eliminating it altogether in the next iteration.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
That's really odd. Are they traded Pokemon? If they are: unfortunately, I think it is the 2nd gym that raises the obedience level, so you'd have to trudge your way through that gym with another set of Pokemon.

The obedience mechanic just seems obnoxious to me. I'm thinking of eliminating it altogether in the next iteration.

Nope, they are all caught. Even my starter won't listen to me...

Is it possible I used an incorrect version of Fire Red for patching, and that's the problem? I know the patch WORKED, but maybe this might be the game's way of rebelling?

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
Nope, they are all caught. Even my starter won't listen to me...

Is it possible I used an incorrect version of Fire Red for patching, and that's the problem? I know the patch WORKED, but maybe this might be the game's way of rebelling?

That's really odd.
Perhaps, as I have never had this reported before. Does the ID in your trainer card match the Pokemon's IDs?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
That's really odd.
Perhaps, as I have never had this reported before. Does the ID in your trainer card match the Pokemon's IDs?

Ok, now we're getting somewhere. I never noticed, but the OT for all my pokemon are all 0's, while my OT is completely normal. THIS is really strange though.

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
Ok, now we're getting somewhere. I never noticed, but the OT for all my pokemon are all 0's, while my OT is completely normal. THIS is really strange though.

I sent you a potential solution via PM; let me know if it works.

Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2023
Are the DNA Splicers and the Reveal Glass on this game? Can you change Meloetta's form by using Relic Song?

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
Are the DNA Splicers and the Reveal Glass on this game? Can you change Meloetta's form by using Relic Song?

Reveal Glass is in the game, but not the DNA Splicers nor a functional Relic Song.
Maybe sometime in the future. :3

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Hey, I love your game. I especially love that the VS Seeker is instant. I was asking around on how to do that in one of my FR hacks, but the one alternative was pretty lengthy and a bit complicated. Would you mind showing me what you did?

Deep in the forest ....

....there is a big sceptile....
Years
Hi i reaaly love ur game- what a fantastic hack.
And i found a bug(maybe) I battled kyurem with bisharp(my bisharp ability is defiant) in unknown dungeon.Kyurem has icy wind and scary face right?It reduced my bisharp speed and activated defiant abi.until the third time defiant actived the game crashed.i tried like 10+ time and the gam still crashed so ->-> when active defiant abi 3 time the game crash?!! (Sorry for my bad english i am vietnamese

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jun 22, 2018
Hey, dont know why, but after patching the firered rom, the image crashes in NO$GBA and fails to load in Desmume. Do you know why?

Back