• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Kanto Black 2.08 (Sevii Islands Expansion)

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2023
    After addressing the initial FAQ issue, I have come to realize how much of a fantastical unreadable mess the document was, so I have decided to give it a structure and format it appropriately. I have also added new questions that I think could be pretty helpful for people in general. Think something helpful is missing from the document? Let me know!

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=10002538&postcount=536

New Q&As:
    A more concise description of the difficulty modes:
    Spoiler:

What's the best difficulty mode for Nuzlockes?
    Spoiler:

What do the seeds do i.e. Life Seed?
    Spoiler:

How do I go to Rainbow Island?
    Spoiler:

How do I evolve Eevee into its other forms besides the original three?
    Spoiler:

How can I get Floette's alternate form?
    Spoiler:

Anyway to do something like a Wonderlocke?
    Spoiler:

EDIT: Also these:
    Does Aegislash have Stance Change?
    Spoiler:

Does Archeops have Defeatist?
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • I just finished up playing Kanto Black on Chaos mode and I had a real blast! I've noticed a few oddities like Mandibuzz and Hydreigon getting affected by sticky web despite being flying (levitating) Pokémon. Also, Helioptile doesn't have a cry inserted.

Thank you so much for an amazing ROM Hack!

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2023
    I just finished up playing Kanto Black on Chaos mode and I had a real blast! I've noticed a few oddities like Mandibuzz and Hydreigon getting affected by sticky web despite being flying (levitating) Pokémon. Also, Helioptile doesn't have a cry inserted.

Thank you so much for an amazing ROM Hack!

Awesome, glad you liked it! I've seen people get super frustrated with Chaos mode lol, so I'm very pleased to hear that you maintain positive feelings even after going through that. :P

Thank you, added those oddities to my log. I should be able to at least fix Helioptile's cry.

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2023
    Will this still be updated?

I would like to someday, not sure when, but I don't think I'll be adding anything major other than maybe some more extensive postgame and maybe a few other conveniences for the main quest. And of course, bug fixes. I won't do anything that would make saves incompatible though.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    An extended postgame would be much appreciated but in any case, thank you Mystery Man for making this fun hack.

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2023
    Alright, so I have actually been making some progress in the last couple of days. Among the things I have done:
    Spoiler:

Plans:
    Spoiler:

ThePuffinMan

Some person who plays games
    Years
  • is it just me or the fossil pokemon man isn't programmed to revive fossil pokemon. when i interact and then leave, he reverts back to the beginning, not giving me fossil pokemon.

also the repel don't work sometimes, i went to the pokemon mansion with max repel and i still encountered deinos.

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2023
    FJHxbVb.png

is it just me or the fossil pokemon man isn't programmed to revive fossil pokemon. when i interact and then leave, he reverts back to the beginning, not giving me fossil pokemon.

also the repel don't work sometimes, i went to the pokemon mansion with max repel and i still encountered deinos.

Huh, I'll take a look at the fossil guy sometime soon.

The repel issue is somewhat unusual, though. Are you certain the lead Pokemon in your team is a higher level than those Max Repels do not block?

That sounds very promising. Most hacks are a joke in terms of difficulty so bring it on.

Tried the Elite Four (second wave) without the badge boosts. Got pummeled. Either I forgot how to play wisely, or the badge boosts are a much bigger deal that I thought they would be. D:

Last edited:

ThePuffinMan

Some person who plays games
    Years
  • it seems to be working now. i tested in the victory road with my level 58 Zweilous. I guess I learnt something new

Last edited:

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2023
    BmiCGAz.png

So progress is coming along nicely. I'll hopefully have this version out sometime in the summer.
    Credits issue has bugged me for the longest time, and only now do I have it fixed. No more are the days of horrifying distortions of the stage 3 Kanto starters and Pikachu!

Also, endgame levels have been slightly reduced. Now the Pokemon League (2nd Wave) peaks at level 75 like in the original. Regarding the difficulty, the removal of the badge boosts should more than makeup for the minor drop in levels.

I've also removed some of the weird letters that normally followed a Pokemon or a trainer to denote different forms (in the case of trainers, difficulty sets).

EDIT: I'll dump more info, particularly about the bonus dungeon.
    mE5duBX.png

As far as plans, the bonus dungeon is planned to be more difficult than the Elite Four (2nd Wave), even on the highest difficulty setting. It's also going to contain Pokemon not belonging to the 5th and 6th generation. One of them is going to be Meltan. As for the others, I'll probably not reveal them. :D

Last edited:

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2023
    I was looking through the ASM resource thread, and found something really, really cool.
    vM8rJoM.png
    dW1tYS2.png

Credits to Spherical Ice, Doesnt, and Squeetz.

Last edited:

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2023
    Hate to triple post, but I just wanted to say that I have updated the FAQ with this question:

What are the move tutor locations?
    Spoiler:

As for development, I've been fixing numerous oddities. Also, for this dex feature...
    BN4gX0W.png
    dRnad5m.png

I have modified the ASM so that the stats display even for uncaptured Pokemon. This should make it easier to develop a team and perhaps encourage more experimentation with different Pokemon.

Last edited:

Ghost

[b][color=orange]ツ[/color][color=teal][i]In the Ma
    Years
  • These are very nice additions to the game and look very promising. Looking forward to the release!

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    That's highly exciting, I loved Kanto Black, played it this year with a steel monotype. Definitely would play again even if you don't come out with a new release.

Back