• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon Lets Go Unity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    I have 3 suggestions to make:

1. Including the traditional method of capturing Pokemon would be appreciated. Some of us like to play on gamepads where there's no touch/stylus type of input, which is usually necessary for Let's Go style capturing.

2. Add an option to enable classic wild encounters that trigger when running through grass, instead of having Pokemon spawn in the overworld.

3. Randomizer options for Nuzlockes and such.

This project looks really promising though, hopefully it stays low on Nintendo's radar long enough for an official release!

Years
  • 1. Yes, even if it's a lets go game. The regular rpg style is set. I will add the lets go catching style for more gameplay customization.

2. Encounters are made like swsh. Some are overworld like and others in the grass.

3. I could add a nuzlocke mode. What would you like there? I mean what rules?

I hope to be able to release it before I get a C&D xd

Years
  • Players will be able to mount any big pokemon
    Pokémon Lets Go Unity

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    For randomizer options, maybe allow the user to enable/disable things like randomized wild pokemon, trainer pokemon, and items.

I don't think coding actual nuzlocke rules would be necessary (only allowing 1 catch per route, "killing" fainted pokemon permanently, etc), players normally do honor rules with those anyway.

Oh, a 4th suggestion would be online multiplayer, but I know that would probably be a huge task.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2023
    1. Yes, even if it's a lets go game. The regular rpg style is set. I will add the lets go catching style for more gameplay customization.

2. Encounters are made like swsh. Some are overworld like and others in the grass.

3. I could add a nuzlocke mode. What would you like there? I mean what rules?

I hope to be able to release it before I get a C&D xd

Always wanted to play lets go with regular battles, sound awesome...

You should set up a discord server for the project :)

I just have some suggestions,

Make a version without fakemon :3

Make the camera free, enable it to be rotated by the player, or maybe more than 1 type of camera, close up, third person.....

i love how it looks on the second screenshot.

I see you included dynamax, gigatamax and mega evo, on my personal opinion mega evolution only would be just fine, not really a fan of the others.... i dont see how you can use them all in one battle....

Make a difficult mode, for those like me that want a challenge, not only spaming the A button :)

Character customization would be nice..

as for armored mewtwo, maybe you can use the one from pokemon go.. since youre already using models from other games. Will be more detailed than yours.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I will when the game is out. For now, i post stuff in pokecommunity server and relic castle server. Fakemon will be shown in specific parts of the game, you wont encounter them if you dont want to. There is a reason why GF locked the camera view and it's due to the scenery and what you can really see. If I leave an orbital camera, you would see out of bounds and that doesnt give good game feel and you know.

You can actually a dynamaxed mega evolution, which is like booom?

I will think about different difficulties as that makes the game harder to debug.

For now, you can only change eye and hair colors (as well as clothes). But I will think about adding more stuff like different hair cuts.

My armored mewtwo is the one from pokemon go, lmao

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2023
    I will when the game is out. For now, i post stuff in pokecommunity server and relic castle server. Fakemon will be shown in specific parts of the game, you wont encounter them if you dont want to. There is a reason why GF locked the camera view and it's due to the scenery and what you can really see. If I leave an orbital camera, you would see out of bounds and that doesnt give good game feel and you know.

You can actually a dynamaxed mega evolution, which is like booom?

I will think about different difficulties as that makes the game harder to debug.

For now, you can only change eye and hair colors (as well as clothes). But I will think about adding more stuff like different hair cuts.

My armored mewtwo is the one from pokemon go, lmao

i understand...

You can dinamax a mega evolution, will that be balanced? haha

I was thinking about different character models, or maybe the ones from sword and shield.

it is from pokemon go? haha good then.

Yeh just dont make it too easy....

Would love to see some co op on the future or something like that, the from lets go is kinda limited.

The options are limitless since you have the source code.

Show us some videos a images :P

Last edited:

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Interesting project, must i say. I'll keep an eye on this one.

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2022
    this looks so cool and would love to play it once you are able to finish making it but my question is how would we be able to get the game on android and Nintendo switch to play i'm curious about that

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2021
    What is the plan for Starter Pokemon? Normal Kanto Starter or something else?

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2020
    I never post anything, but I logged in just to say this: this looks incredible but this is the sort of project that nintendo will shut down, don't post more details, and if you wan't to upload a demo, make it with fake accounts on any social media and let it spread.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    i'm not an expert on this in any way at all (i only know this because i use PKHeX sometimes) but i'm pretty sure all pokemon games at least up to gen 7 use the .sav format (don't know about gen 8 considering i don't want to hack my switch) so maybe you could make the connection between .sav files and this game more than just gen 1 (maybe as a way of getting pokemon from gens 2-7(maybe 8) or something)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back