• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Discontinued: Pokémon: LIFE Version

What is you favorite season? (From the 5th generation games)

• Spring

Votes: 114 20.8%
  • Summer

Votes: 106 19.3%
  • Autumn

Votes: 169 30.8%
  • Winter

Votes: 227 41.3%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2015
    Wow, this game looks really impressive and unique. Do you have a timeframe on when you think you'll release a playable version, Dionen? Like, are we looking at 1-2 months or like, 6-8 months? If you need any help, I'll be happy to be a tester. Keep in mind though, I've never tested a ROM before. I feel like this is a "worthy" ROM to test or start testing on though, it looks like you've got something truly unique here.

Hoping for a reply. If you choose to not reply, I wish you the best of luck with your ROM. It looks incredible. :)\

EDIT: I could help with dialogue, if you'd like? My specialty is English and grammar - I'm considering majoring in English.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hey, i'm a graphic design and I'd like to say that I love the way this game is going and would like to ask if there was anyway I could help out?
    I also do video editing.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    Holy crap. I love love LOVE that extra touch of putting a BG behind the Pokemon when giving it a nickname. @0@ +10000 points!

Equalizing

Normal Type Master
    Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2021
    I'm loving how this hack is looking and all of the features in it. Keep up the good work!

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2015
    Wow, I really respect you. It's crazy how you take into account the most minute details. You are able to take all the criticism (good and bad) and make you game even better! You must be going through hell trying to get this game out, especially when it is tough as shit to try to do this. You deserve an award. Like in one of you previous posts, I saw that you wanted to add water splashing onto the pier. I would have never thought of or expected something like that. It's great that you are going out of your way to incorporate everyone's ideas.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Just a quick post before I head off to bed. When I came across this via someone's signature I didn't look at the section it brought me to. I immediately assumed from a glance at the screenshots that this game was created in RMXP. I did not expect to soon discover that it was in fact a ROM hack. This is not among the most visually impressive hack I've seen, it is literally the definitive of high graphical fidelity I have come across in my 6 years of browsing Pokémon hacks. Not only that, but the additional features are extremely lush, and well presented. You have a mountain to climb in terms of delivering what you're showing but it honestly looks as if you're succeeding already.

I would like to thank you for your hard work and dedication, not only that but I would like to express my deep gratitude for inspiring me as a game developer to push harder in my own projects. You have thoroughly impressed me as a project coordinator and blown me away with what you've created so far despite your limitations. I wish you all the best in this project, and I'll certainly be keeping an eye on it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    Been looking at this forum/game for a long time but just joined now... this hack looks like it will be great can't wait for it to come out! I especially like that there will be four endings. Hopefully I can join the dark side lol I was always the kid that wanted to join Team Rocket.

Last edited:

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • Just a quick post before I head off to bed. When I came across this via someone's signature I didn't look at the section it brought me to. I immediately assumed from a glance at the screenshots that this game was created in RMXP. I did not expect to soon discover that it was in fact a ROM hack. This is not among the most visually impressive hack I've seen, it is literally the definitive of high graphical fidelity I have come across in my 6 years of browsing Pokémon hacks. Not only that, but the additional features are extremely lush, and well presented. You have a mountain to climb in terms of delivering what you're showing but it honestly looks as if you're succeeding already.

I would like to thank you for your hard work and dedication, not only that but I would like to express my deep gratitude for inspiring me as a game developer to push harder in my own projects. You have thoroughly impressed me as a project coordinator and blown me away with what you've created so far despite your limitations. I wish you all the best in this project, and I'll certainly be keeping an eye on it.
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but......

Dionen.
    Spoiler:

Explain the colour count here, please - the GBA cannot possibly support more than 512 colours counting both object and background.

Also,
    Pokémon: LIFE Version

Why do none of these palette entries line up with valid 15-bit GBA RGB colour?

The ROM doesn't execute interpolation with fadescreen. This isn't real.

As I have the feeling you're going to claim these are mockups... why didn't you say so beforehand? Some of your screenshots are surely legitimate.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • I do want to stress that there isn't really a clear say as to whether or not this hack is fake. However, I do want to note one thing.

It's not really so much that I'm leery of these screenshots, as I am the fact that little else than them and a handful of videos – which I ought to note don't appear hard to stage, and in practice wouldn't be – prove this ROM hack. It's all we have to go by.

This hack has been in the forum for months now, and there has not been a single release to speak of. As of now, the media Dionen has shared are the only proof we have that this thing exists, and if a share of that is proven fake, who's to say the whole thing isn't fake?

Also, props to TF for mentioning that HotM thing. That totally slipped my mind.

So, if this is a legit hack, I'd like some solid proof of that. Even if it's a gameplay video for 10 minutes, just as a tech demo, I'd like solid proof of this. Screenshots should not have to be edited in Photoshop, if these are screenshots.
    This man. If it's so great and wonderful as everyone believes, prove it already. Show us something. I know hackers who work full time in the Navy and are married and buying a house and can still push something.

Last edited:

Dionen

deprived of sleep
    Years
  • jesus, what a waste of time
    I don't have time already, and then you make me waste it explaining shit
    i'll edit this post once I'm home

the left one is the one I uploaded and the one on the right is the in-game version
    was all this needed? faking intro? jezz, I just uploaded the wrong one.

this is how I did it. just a lot of 16colors images indexed each one with a different palette. it's just a map with a special tileset. the font is darker because I though it would fit better, and changed in photoshop. i was going change the palette in the rom, but I changed my mind and then this screen is the only one with different font color.

and I honestly don't know what you are talking about the battle scene. here is another gif, if you want

i used to do some work as graphic designer and because of it I have the habit of using photoshop instead of paint. also, I create my gifs with photoshop.
    I must thank you guys because you game me motivation to finish the opening sequence. It's being uploaded and it will be posted today. It took a long time because I wanted new music, but it just didn't work (I compose, but inserting music is definitely not my forte)
    Thanks for making me feel important enough to be accused of fraud :pink_love:

Last edited:

Dionen

deprived of sleep
    Years

• Guys, here it is! The opening sequence. Can you guess something from it?
    Sorry for making you wait so long. As I said, "It took a long time because I wanted new music, but it just didn't work (I compose, but inserting music is definitely not my forte)".

See ya!

Back